Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #3509
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaAug-13-02 10:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3509, "Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"

NE1 down to get there at like 3 and race the day away? Haha I suck at drag racing I'm sure my time will suck...

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-13-02 01:27 PM, #1
RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, chachi, Aug-13-02 02:08 PM, #2
      RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, DVSJAY, Aug-14-02 07:13 AM, #3
           RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, 510eclipse, Aug-14-02 01:20 PM, #4
                RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, HadesOmega, Aug-14-02 08:57 PM, #5
                     RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, 510eclipse, Aug-15-02 06:09 AM, #6
                          RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, HadesOmega, Aug-17-02 10:24 AM, #7
                               RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, chachi, Aug-19-02 01:35 PM, #8
                                    RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-19-02 03:23 PM, #9
                                         RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, HadesOmega, Aug-19-02 05:48 PM, #10
                                              RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, 510eclipse, Aug-19-02 07:30 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, HadesOmega, Aug-20-02 08:39 AM, #12
                                                   RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, 510eclipse, Aug-20-02 10:26 AM, #13
                                                   RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-20-02 12:15 PM, #14
                                                        RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, chachi, Aug-20-02 03:31 PM, #15
                                                             RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, FuSi0N, Aug-21-02 03:05 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Aug-21-02 04:54 PM, #17

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-13-02 01:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3510, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 0

ill try to make it, i was planning to sometime soon so that would be fun. might be a little late so id have to meet up with u guys at sears point or somethin

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

chachiAug-13-02 02:08 PM
Member since Jun 07th 2002
198 posts,
#3511, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 1

I was wondering if you were going to post this up hades, I was about to . I'm down to go if I can get work off, not sure what time I'll be there though, I don't get out of school till 3.

I finally got my GST exhaust on so I won't be bone stock, I'll see if I can get some kind of intake going to. Should be fun.

Come on Nor Cal'ers I know there are more of you out there who can make it.

EcLIpsInEmCEe7, your in Petaluma right? Maybe we can meet up and head down there together, even though it isn't much of a drive. I'll be getting out of school at the JC in Santa Rosa that day, so Petaluma is right on the way.

DVSJAYAug-14-02 07:13 AM
Member since May 28th 2002
270 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#3512, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 2

Damn it i got to get my turbo back in this weeked so i can go,

Well I'll be down if i can get the night off from work,

Jay

--- Pics ---
https://420a.shutterfly.com/

510eclipseAug-14-02 01:20 PM
Member since May 12th 2002
424 posts,
#3513, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 3

i am down to go. just let me know when you plan on going hades, im in newark maybe you could meet me up here on your way.

HadesOmegaAug-14-02 08:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#3514, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 4

sounds cool to me we can meet up in newark. I heard 3 is when all the racing starts I think or is the best time to be there. Does ne1 know how to get to sears point? I've never been there I'd feel better if someone knew the way.

hmm sez helmets recommended so if you have a racing helmet and want to race just a little reminder. Haha not like I'm gonna be hitting any 14 second 1/4 miles anyway. Haha I'll tell you this I suck at drag racing!

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

510eclipseAug-15-02 06:09 AM
424 posts,
#3515, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 5

hey hades i know the way, it wont be a problem, i usuall go up there for nascar races and sport bike races. this drag racing thing should be fun though alright well get off on thorton blvd in newark, youll be comming south bound so when you exit take a left to go towards newark. youll cruise past kmart and crap on your right side, and then turn into the shell station on your right on the corner of thorton and cedar blvd. it will be the first intersection. then we can check tire pressure and gas up if neccessary. i would say we could get there in an hour from my town no prob with the help of mr. radar detector but i dont know what traffic will be like at that time, and i dont know if both of us will have people in our cars to take advantage of carpool. .

HadesOmegaAug-17-02 10:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#3516, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 6

hmm I'll try to take someone with me. Need someone to video tape I'll see ya there bro.

Who sez FF can't drift?

chachiAug-19-02 01:35 PM
198 posts,
#3517, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 7

Come on, isn't anyone else going to go? We need more 2gnts!!

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-19-02 03:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#3518, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 8

chachi sorry i didnt get back to u sooner. i still plan on goin but i cant get offa work till 4:30 so im gunna have to hella jet to SP. i dont think youd wanna wait that late but thanx anyways. hopefully ill see all you guys there...ill be the one with the shitty starts on the the F@#$in Falkens

-matt

HadesOmegaAug-19-02 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#3519, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 9

ok bay area peeps that wanna meet up and convoy down there we're gonna meet at the place that 510eclipse said by 2 then roll out. Hopefully get there by 3.

Then does ne1 know a meeting place at sears?

Who sez FF can't drift?

510eclipseAug-19-02 07:30 PM
424 posts,
#3520, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 10

i dont know too much as for meeting places for sears because ive never been there for the drags, i dont know how its set up for that. but i do know that there is ALOT of dirt everywhere by sears, and even for the wed night drags those fuckers make us all drive through the gravel and dirt all up and aroudn through the back partking lots, so dont worry about washing your car before you go, or youll be crying after. i dont have a cell, hades you got one? if anyone wanted to meet up when they get there you could pm them the number or something. oh and my friend travis is riding up there with me and he'll be doing video taping also.

HadesOmegaAug-20-02 08:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#3521, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 11

sweet I'll convert all the footage to movie files and post them online so peeps can see 2GNTs in straight line action. I'm bringing a friend with a supercharged solara also, pretty quick for a big car.

Who sez FF can't drift?

510eclipseAug-20-02 10:26 AM
424 posts,
#3522, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 12

nice, yeah i wish my friends super charged miata was ready to go, needs alot of tuning still . well ill see ya guys tommarow.

EDIT: hey my friend sal is bringing his 2002 mustang gt 5spd. haha competition hades....

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-20-02 12:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#3523, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 11

>i dont know too much as for meeting places for sears because
>ive never been there for the drags, i dont know how its set
>up for that. but i do know that there is ALOT of dirt
>everywhere by sears, and even for the wed night drags those
>fuckers make us all drive through the gravel and dirt all up
>and aroudn through the back partking lots, so dont worry
>about washing your car before you go, or youll be crying
>after. i dont have a cell, hades you got one? if anyone
>wanted to meet up when they get there you could pm them the
>number or something.

When i went in through the entrance offa highway 37, i never encountered any dirt nor had to go through any of it during the course of the races so i dont think you car will get that dirty. Ill try to describe the set-up as best as possible. When you first come in through 37 you go through the gates, pay, then proceed out to one of the lots(i pretty sure its paved) where everyone waits. There, your car gets looked at and put into a category of racing.(for some reason they forgot to do me when i was there so they did it before i raced) I think everyone will be put into the sports or street compact but thats my .02. Once everyone is checked, everyone proceeds out to the pre-strip area. There are around 8-9 lanes and you guys will go into the one assigned to you(ex. high school league in lanes 1&2) and then you wait to race.(it takes a while to get through everyone) After you race, you exit off the side onto the street course and go down it, stop at the shack and pick up your slips and then go back to you lanes. For a meeting spot for you guys, there is a 76 gas station in the back of left corner of the pre-strip area that i think you guys could use. Im sure youll find somewhere, it shouldnt be that hard. I wish i could get off ealier but cant cause of lack of counslers at my work. Ill be checkin throughout the rest of the night at this thread if anyone has a question, ill do my best to answer.
oh yea, bring a stick of white shoe polish to write your ET with when it comes down to the eliminations. Sorry for makin this a bit long but i hope it helps some.
-matt

-matt

chachiAug-20-02 03:31 PM
198 posts,
#3524, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 14

Cool, I can't wait till tomarrow. I'm heading there straight from school tomarrow. Hopefully it shouldn't be to hard to find the other people from the board, can't wait to see the new bumper on ther hades . If anyone needs it though to find me or see what's going on, my cell # is (707) 364-1254.

So how many people we got going? Hades has a friend coming, right? And a friend of mine should be coming, but just to watch. Anyone else?

FuSi0NAug-21-02 03:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#3525, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 15

I'll be going too but since Im working today I might end up going a little late (between 4 or 5 pm) Im gonna try and fake a cough or two to see if I can go earlier.

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Aug-21-02 04:54 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#3526, "RE: Wednesday Night Drags at Sears Point August 21st"
In response to Reply # 16

it wasnt that good of a night fellaz...one of merlins friend's got in a car accident in his toyota solara. he was finishing his run and turning out of the strip and went headfirst into the guard rail...i think the car is totalled. the driver was pretty banged up with a cut elbrow, i sure he'll be alright. i had shitty times and bad starts, and i think i fried my clutch cause she doesnt run like she used to. doesnt grab over 3500rpm in 3rd, 4th, and 5th so it looks like i might have to upgrade to a ACT 2600 with street disk if thats the case. it was nice to meet some fellow DSMers but i wish it some of the stuff that happened...didnt.

-matt

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #3509 Previous topic | Next topic