Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #21719
View in linear mode

Subject: "New wiki article: OBD2 drive cycle" Previous topic | Next topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-31-12 07:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21719, "New wiki article: OBD2 drive cycle"

I encountered this problem recently, where I had a 2GNT i needed to have pass Texas statre inspection, but it had not run any of the monitors required to do so. This article details the driving procedures for each required emissions monitors.

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Chrysler_OBD2_Drive_Cycle

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-31-12 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21720, "RE: New wiki article: OBD2 drive cycle"
In response to Reply # 0

Good stuff there.

One question. For example, step 2 of the global monitor drive cycle. Could you drive for 10 to 15 minutes depending on where you are when you're doing the test until you could get somewhere to pull over for the idle step? Meaning, as long as I achieve that 8 minute mark I can keep going until I can get somewhere to pull over for the 3 minute idle step?

I contributed to the Wiki.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-31-12 08:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#21721, "RE: New wiki article: OBD2 drive cycle"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by xcasbonx
Good stuff there. One question. For example, step 2 of the global monitor drive cycle. Could you drive for 10 to 15 minutes depending on where you are when you're doing the test until you could get somewhere to pull over for the idle step? Meaning, as long as I achieve that 8 minute mark I can keep going until I can get somewhere to pull over for the 3 minute idle step?

I assume yes. I did ~25 minutes, half freeway, half surface street, let it idle for a few minutes when I got where I was going and repeated that process for the return trip home. All monitors required for emissions ran. The O2 sensor heater did not, but it isn't required for inspection so I don't care.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

ModeratorxcasbonxAug-31-12 08:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#21722, "RE: New wiki article: OBD2 drive cycle"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DarkOne
I assume yes. I did ~25 minutes, half freeway, half surface street, let it idle for a few minutes when I got where I was going and repeated that process for the return trip home. All monitors required for emissions ran. The O2 sensor heater did not, but it isn't required for inspection so I don't care.

Cool. Good to know. I don't have to worry about all the emission BS in my neck of the woods.

However, I thought I would ask the question for content and future searches in case it is not asked.

I contributed to the Wiki.

AdministratorCODE4Aug-31-12 06:10 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#21723, "RE: New wiki article: OBD2 drive cycle"
In response to Reply # 0

Sweet info!

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #21719 Previous topic | Next topic