Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #21616
View in linear mode

Subject: "Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a" Previous topic | Next topic
JusBringItMar-01-12 01:31 PM
Member since Sep 13th 2011
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21616, "Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
Mar-01-12 03:43 PM by JusBringIt

I posted this on DSM tuners, thought I'd post here too:

402 miles and slightly just above a half tank remains.

Here's the weather pic for this morning

Anyone think I can hit 800 miles on this tank? Any projections for the maximum I could get over one tank? Temps were mostly in the 30's for this tank. So you can be optimistic for spring

Ricardo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, Dstach, Mar-01-12 01:49 PM, #1
RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, Wes Tank, Mar-01-12 01:55 PM, #2
RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, JusBringIt, Mar-01-12 02:04 PM, #3
      RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, junkyarddsm, Mar-01-12 03:11 PM, #4
           RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, 740 turbo brick, Mar-01-12 04:57 PM, #5
                RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, JusBringIt, Mar-01-12 05:09 PM, #6
                     RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, 1slw97, Mar-01-12 05:41 PM, #7
                     RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, 740 turbo brick, Mar-01-12 05:44 PM, #8
                          RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, JusBringIt, Mar-01-12 05:52 PM, #9
                               RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, JusBringIt, Mar-02-12 09:37 AM, #10
                               RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, 420agreenvilleSC, Mar-02-12 09:47 AM, #12
                               RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, Fotowntalon, Mar-02-12 09:46 AM, #11
                                    RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a, Dstach, Mar-02-12 03:13 PM, #13

DstachMar-01-12 01:49 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21617, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh my do you have a 30 gallon tank?haha

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Wes TankMar-01-12 01:55 PM
Member since Oct 13th 2006
214 posts,
#21618, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 0

Your sending unit is probably inaccurate and that last half of a tank will drop like a rock.

JusBringItMar-01-12 02:04 PM
8 posts,
#21619, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh you guys are too funny .

Same tank as any 420a.

Boy I'd be pretty pissed if my fuel level sending unit was this much off. I'm sure I'd get stranded somewhere.

Driving habit explains the high trip reading at half tank. .

Ricardo

junkyarddsmMar-01-12 03:11 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2010
75 posts,
#21620, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 3

I do about 170 all in town and I'm still full then around 190 it just drops like I have a fuel leak really no fun you may want to tap on your tank to see if it's dry befor you run out somewhere just saying it happens.

Finish? What is this "finish" you speak of sir? Dsm's are never complete just temporarily put together.

97 eclipse gone but never forgotten Ill miss you money pit.

740 turbo brickMar-01-12 04:57 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#21621, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 4

Bullshit. Either you just snapped a pic at that milage or as said your sending unit is off. The BEST I ever did with my manual tranny 95 in perfect running condition after a tune up, with 50s and sun all week, easy accel. and engine braking whereever possible, was 405 miles to a full tank with the gas light on. So I say again. BULLSHIT.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

JusBringItMar-01-12 05:09 PM
8 posts,
#21622, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 740 turbo brick
Bullshit. Either you just snapped a pic at that milage or as said your sending unit is off. The BEST I ever did with my manual tranny 95 in perfect running condition after a tune up, with 50s and sun all week, easy accel. and engine braking whereever possible, was 405 miles to a full tank with the gas light on. So I say again. BULLSHIT.

oh...

Well I guess you wouldn't mind checking out the thread leading up to this photo. I listed the threads in chronological order. This started the week of February 20th. Actually, how about this...Ill take a picture of my Scangauge showing my trip average and tank average. Maybe that will work for zhu?

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42805&highlight=february+week

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42899

Ricardo

1slw97Mar-01-12 05:41 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2008
129 posts,
#21623, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 6

Nice, I just went 99.9 and 3/4 tank of gas gone. I need to replace the dam tank.

97 Eclipse GS, 2.2 stroker,Gt35R,MSNS,E85 @20psi. 450hp 370tq..With issues

740 turbo brickMar-01-12 05:44 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#21624, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 6

You couldnt pay me to believe you. I had a scangauge 2 too, I could get it to read all kinds of convincing and erroneous numbers. Good milage out of a 420A with a manual tranny, sure. Magical 50 mpg at all times, no.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

JusBringItMar-01-12 05:52 PM
8 posts,
#21625, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 8

Obviously you're very close-minded with that approach. So let me ask..do you sincerely think I would take my time and set up fuzzy numbers on my SGII? How would that benefit me? el oh el.

You don't have to believe me..and no, it's not magic.

I drive 17.5 miles to work. My commute is about 50% highway, 25% 55mph highways with stoplights and the rest is back roads. On the weekends I do get some city driving in.

I hypermile...and from your response, I definitely don't drive like you. Why don't you do a search for my user tag. Search it everywhere. I've owned a dodge avenger 2.5L V6 for four years and got a tank at 44mpg. Thats with a 7 mile commute. Try on 730 miles over somewhere between 16 and 17 gallons, I forget :p.

Either way, I don't come on here to try to convince people of fraud, I have much better things to do. I just thought I'd show you guys something amazing that can be done with the 420a. THe fueleconomy.gov site wont even let me put my miles driven and gallons...it doesn't believe me either, but it's a computer.

My average without hypermiling on this commute in winter is 31-32mpg.

Ricardo

JusBringItMar-02-12 09:37 AM
8 posts,
#21626, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 9

Update:
Almost the end of week two on the same tank.
Maybe I can get 175 miles out of this quarter?

Ricardo

420agreenvilleSCMar-02-12 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#21628, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 10

congrats?

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

FotowntalonMar-02-12 09:46 AM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#21627, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 9

a Few years ago there was a very boring sport going on of maxing fuel miles. I believe its possible, i think there were people out there getting close to 100mpg on there cars (not dsm related), they used like a tap method on the gas or something, it was weird I'll look it up. I've had 200miles on 3/4 tank before, but threw a combination of either inaccurate readings, or me going "wow this is a good tank, I guess I can afford to drive a bit more aggressively here" I've never gotten more than 400miles out of a tank, I'm normally in the 250 range on a tank.

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

DstachMar-02-12 03:13 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2010
276 posts,
#21629, "RE: Amazing Fuel Economy in my 420a"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
a Few years ago there was a very boring sport going on of maxing fuel miles. I believe its possible, i think there were people out there getting close to 100mpg on there cars (not dsm related), they used like a tap method on the gas or something, it was weird I'll look it up. I've had 200miles on 3/4 tank before, but threw a combination of either inaccurate readings, or me going "wow this is a good tank, I guess I can afford to drive a bit more aggressively here" I've never gotten more than 400miles out of a tank, I'm normally in the 250 range on a tank.

I believe your talking about hypermilling.

-----
99 Eclipse gs (Daily)
89 Honda Crx (Drag car project)

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #21616 Previous topic | Next topic