Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20939
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout" Previous topic | Next topic
foggy45Dec-12-07 04:32 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20939, "Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
Dec-12-07 04:32 PM by foggy45

so i was bored and looking through a bunch of old posts and saw a bunch of cool rides that 2GNT has produced.
i was then bumed that we never get the recognition we deserve for our ingunity and pushing of our platform to the limits.

so heres what i thought and right now its all just a brain storm to see how many people think its cool and how many think i've just lost it

so here it goes:

in honor of our 10th anniversary i was thinking of a 16 month calender show casing 17 of 2GNT's best rides as voted on by us here.
the top voted ride gets the cover and the inside cover with there write-up and pics of various parts of there ride. (whatever they feel like show casing)

so people would take the single BEST pic of there car, and send them to me. March 1st i will post ALL the pics here (or make a website for this, i'm unsure yet) and you will have one month to vote.

the overall winner will then submit more pictures in addition to the orriginal and a short write up about his ride.
the other 16 winners will then submit ONE more picture show somthing that makes there ride unique or they are especially proud of.
each picture will have there name and years of membership in 2gnt, plus one favorite mod or notable feature (1/4 mile times, HP, rare or special mod)

2nd and 3rd place can pick there month, the rest i will sort by random.

the back cover will be the 15 runners up that werent chosen for months and i will colage them together.

then i will put it all together (high quality, that we can be proud of, figure out a price then sell to 2GNT members.
i will first distribute them at the shootout (lol kinda forces me to go now ) hopefully the people in the calendar will be there to sign there picture.
after shoot out weekend i will open up sale for the rest here on the forums.
BTW the top 17 get theres for free
the money will then go to the 2GNT general fund for payment off the server, maintnence, and advertising etc

aight guys let me know what ya'll think
(plz dont send pics yet till we figure out if this is gonna work out or not)

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, BoostedEclipse, Dec-12-07 06:46 PM, #1
RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, soulcontroller, Dec-12-07 07:25 PM, #2
      RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-13-07 09:16 AM, #3
           RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, foggy45, Dec-13-07 12:04 PM, #4
                RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, TeamDR1665, Dec-13-07 02:21 PM, #5
                     RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, Moderatorcs82685, Dec-14-07 02:12 AM, #6
                          RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, foggy45, Dec-14-07 04:58 AM, #7
                               RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, Slammed420A, Dec-18-07 02:13 PM, #8
                                    RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-19-07 07:28 AM, #9
                                         RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, Uni, Jan-14-08 07:53 PM, #10
                                              RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, goalie40, Jan-15-08 02:07 PM, #11
                                                   RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, Hedge, Jan-21-08 04:31 PM, #12
                                                        RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, foggy45, Jan-22-08 09:25 AM, #13
                                                             RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, mreigle, Jan-25-08 12:52 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, foggy45, Jan-25-08 09:06 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout, BigRedMonster, Feb-07-08 05:49 AM, #16

BoostedEclipseDec-12-07 06:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
283 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20940, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 0

I think that it is a great idea. Maybe I will submit my ride to see if it would make it, but I doubt it.

- 98 Eclipse rs turbo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

soulcontrollerDec-12-07 07:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#20941, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 1

I think it's a great idea. i've always wanted a 2gnt calendar.

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-13-07 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#20942, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 2

I agree. This is a good idea, it just needs some more planning and then something set in stone to get things rolling.

I'd love to have a 2GNT calender hanging up here in the office of work.

I contributed to the Wiki.

foggy45Dec-13-07 12:04 PM
1032 posts,
#20944, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 3

i can put out a more solid time line for things as well as picture requirements.
i guess i just wanted to see that there was some support for the idea.

so i'll hash some things out this weekend and get a solid plan in place and see what happens from there

DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

TeamDR1665Dec-13-07 02:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#20945, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 4

Cool idea. Run with it.

Bonus points if you find some of the more meaningful moments in 2GNT history (use the timeline) and include them on the calendar.

Moderatorcs82685Dec-14-07 02:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#20946, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 5
Dec-14-07 02:12 AM by cs82685

definetly a cool idea If we can get some cars that look good all around, you can do a large photo of the car for the calendar and then a smaller photo in the corner of the engine bay. I can already think of a couple cars that imo should make it, but they're both former members

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

foggy45Dec-14-07 04:58 AM
1032 posts,
#20947, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-14-07 04:59 AM by foggy45

Originally posted by cs82685
definetly a cool idea If we can get some cars that look good all around, you can do a large photo of the car for the calendar and then a smaller photo in the corner of the engine bay. I can already think of a couple cars that imo should make it, but they're both former members

thats what i was wanting
one 8 x 11 (at least 5 mega pixel RAW image iirc) of the car it self and then one smaller one of either the engine bay, or some special mod the owner is proud of.

btw - i read the time line and im gonna figure out how to do that in there too

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

Slammed420ADec-18-07 02:13 PM
Member since Dec 11th 2006
114 posts,
#20948, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 7

This sounds sweet. I would de3finately buy one of these.

98 GS
Super 17c Turbo, Portfueler, Je pistons, Eagle rods, Etc.

eclipse982nrRSTDec-19-07 07:28 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#20949, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 8

Great idea. I would love a 2gnt calendar in my toolbox hutch.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

UniJan-14-08 07:53 PM
Member since Mar 22nd 2007
17 posts,
#20970, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 9

Go for it bro ill by two!!!

goalie40Jan-15-08 02:07 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#20980, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 10

but but my GST looks better than my RS.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

HedgeJan-21-08 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
182 posts,
#21023, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 11

sounds like a great idea, id buy one for sure. It would be sick to acctually be in it, but i dont think my car will have anything other than a few basic bolt-ons and maby a nitrous kit by then. I was thinking, if this goes through, it has to have a picture of the Hahn eclipse. It would be almost unfair if it didnt, it was the inspiration to a huge amount of 2gnt'ers to stick with the 420a.

Thank you mobil one for rust proofing my driveway.

foggy45Jan-22-08 09:25 AM
1032 posts,
#21037, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by Hedge
I was thinking, if this goes through, it has to have a picture of the Hahn eclipse. It would be almost unfair if it didnt, it was the inspiration to a huge amount of 2gnt'ers to stick with the 420a.

ohhh i didnt even think of that! thanks for the idea

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

mreigleJan-25-08 12:52 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2006
426 posts,
#21059, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 13

Where are you at on this idea?

foggy45Jan-25-08 09:06 AM
1032 posts,
#21060, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 14
Jan-25-08 09:07 AM by foggy45

super secret double probation groundhog day edition!
(translation: Soon!)

i have to find a good price for the production, and hammer out some details, then have the mods review and bless, then ill post the final
but with the support im getting here i'm 98% sure its a go

Ahhhh Priceless . . .

BigRedMonsterFeb-07-08 05:49 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2007
19 posts,
#21063, "RE: Gi: 2008 / 2009 calender idea to raise money for 2GNT and for the shootout"
In response to Reply # 15

Sounds like an awesome idea.

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20939 Previous topic | Next topic