Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20610
View in linear mode

Subject: "What parts would you like to see?" Previous topic | Next topic
turbo8uDec-03-06 09:00 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20610, "What parts would you like to see?"

Like the title says, what parts would you like to see made for our platform? Also, cost estimate what you would pay for these parts.

thanks guys

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What parts would you like to see?, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-03-06 09:15 PM, #1
RE: What parts would you like to see?, kain_99gs, Dec-03-06 10:44 PM, #2
      RE: What parts would you like to see?, talon749, Dec-04-06 04:33 AM, #3
           RE: What parts would you like to see?, Moderatorxcasbonx, Dec-04-06 05:07 AM, #4
           RE: What parts would you like to see?, twinturbovenger, Dec-04-06 01:03 PM, #5
                RE: What parts would you like to see?, hazardeclipse, Dec-05-06 04:20 AM, #6
                     RE: What parts would you like to see?, BlackMagic, Dec-05-06 04:15 PM, #7
                          RE: What parts would you like to see?, turbo8u, Dec-06-06 03:17 PM, #8
                               RE: What parts would you like to see?, dsmracr420a, Dec-07-06 10:13 AM, #9
                                    RE: What parts would you like to see?, ez, Dec-07-06 09:15 PM, #10
                                         RE: What parts would you like to see?, turbo8u, Dec-07-06 09:39 PM, #11
                                              RE: What parts would you like to see?, ez, Dec-18-06 09:34 AM, #14
           RE: What parts would you like to see?, Keith2172, Dec-11-06 05:22 AM, #12
           RE: What parts would you like to see?, eclipse982nrRST, Dec-12-06 03:26 AM, #13
                RE: What parts would you like to see?, 2point4, Mar-14-07 02:33 PM, #15

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-03-06 09:15 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20611, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-03-06 09:16 PM by Star Turbo Talon

Cost? Oh you really asking to get it shoved right up your hinde quarters arent you?

I dont really want anything, I am much like Josh, I make what I want. I have seen many people want things like:

Larger oil pan
2.4L swap parts
Intake manifolds
Tubular exhaust manifolds
Downpipes

Since the neuspeed bar isnt made anymore, there is a place to start since many people were ok with paying 100.00 for a quality bar.

the problem is no one wants to pay for what it takes to make a quality part.

Terry

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

kain_99gsDec-03-06 10:44 PM
Member since May 04th 2004
536 posts,
#20612, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
the problem is no one wants to pay for what it takes to make a quality part.

"...we're damn good too,
You can't be any geek off the street,
gotta be handy with the steel, you know what I mean,
earn your keep."

All oldskool aside, I think terry has listed more then enough for you to start working on. What ever happened to you and Driggs making a functional long tubular header?

Oh yeah, only other thing I can think of is develop an ITB setup.

http://talontimes.blogspot.com

talon749Dec-04-06 04:33 AM
Member since Jul 13th 2005
421 posts,
#20613, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 2

A a set underdrive lightweight PS,AC, and Alt pulleys I would probally pay $60 for the set.

-Keith

'92 BMW 325i - 3.91 LSD....Cold air intake....M52 headers.....Track pipe....Remus back....Fan Delete....UUC short throw...M3 Clutch Flywheel & Drive Shaft...Tien Coil overs

I <3 the twisties

ModeratorxcasbonxDec-04-06 05:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#20614, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 3

Tubular exhaust manifold and a 3" downpipe.

I understand these things are not cheap to make, and usually a one-off design. With that said I'd still pay what its worth.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1185

twinturbovengerDec-04-06 01:03 PM
Member since Jul 20th 2006
71 posts,
#20615, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 4

tubular 420a mani

pre made fmic piping with all bends complete bolton

hazardeclipseDec-05-06 04:20 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2003
640 posts,
#20616, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 5

front and rear tow hooks similar to what comes stock on a honda would be nice... not too sure on a price, because i dont know what would be involved

RIP- Rustbucket 1995-2009

‹hazardeclipse› by the way youre thinking of hazard_eclipse
‹hazardeclipse› thats not my fucking car
‹teklein› Oh yeah
‹hazardeclipse› he stole my name
‹hazardeclipse› fuck that radioactive yellow shit
‹teklein› Hazard_eclipse is the homo.

BlackMagicDec-05-06 04:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#20617, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 6

Tubular manifold and some 2.4L parts

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

turbo8uDec-06-06 03:17 PM
10552 posts,
#20618, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 7

you guys understand, a tubular manifold might not fit a certain set of turbos. I was thinking of doing a run of manifolds for the hahn 16g first, with a 3" downpipe included. Only because I have the turbo, and can use my own engine bay to make sure it fits. I'll make anything you want, but i'll need something to fit everything off of (at least for ONE, jigging the whole setup after then I wont need that particular turbo anymore.

About the LTH for Driggs, im ready...Driggs...come on out to SoCal for some new castles and a canyon run in the talon!!

Also as far as intercooler piping, that will also obviously change with the location of the turbo, and the outlet of the turbo

Im discussing all this more with Chris, so we'll keep you updated with our progress getting this ball rolling for us.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

JoshSpair.com

dsmracr420aDec-07-06 10:13 AM
Member since Oct 16th 2006
64 posts,
#20619, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 8

2.4 oil pans and passenger side mounts.

Project 2.4/Big ass turbo now underway....

ezDec-07-06 09:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#20621, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 9

how about those big brake brackets you were working on? something that will make wilwood calipers (4 pot slim versions, or even the regular size) bolt right up. both front and back. I have NO idea what a ballpark figure would be for those brackets, tho'

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

turbo8uDec-07-06 09:39 PM
10552 posts,
#20622, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by ez
how about those big brake brackets you were working on? something that will make wilwood calipers (4 pot slim versions, or even the regular size) bolt right up. both front and back. I have NO idea what a ballpark figure would be for those brackets, tho'

I have some that fit the 3000gt calipers, but to fit all the way on you need a larger rotor than the stock 12.5". I made them as a project in school for extra credit...and dropped it for the evo brakes.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

JoshSpair.com

ezDec-18-06 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#20638, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 11

so your running evo brakes now? whatever your setup is, I still am interested in doing some kind of big brake setup. I'm gonna be pretty closeby now anyways, looks like I'll be moving to la jolla soon

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Keith2172Dec-11-06 05:22 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#20629, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by talon749
A a set underdrive lightweight PS,AC, and Alt pulleys I would probally pay $160 for the set.

Fixed

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

eclipse982nrRSTDec-12-06 03:26 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#20630, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by talon749
A a set underdrive lightweight PS,AC, and Alt pulleys I would probally pay $60 for the set.

Or you could just remove the PS and AC.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

2point4Mar-14-07 02:33 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2004
406 posts,
#20729, "RE: What parts would you like to see?"
In response to Reply # 13

chromoly a-frames, lower control arms, forward frame rail w/ lower solid tranny mount, 2.4 p/s & A/C brackets!! (its hot in cali fellas) custom subframe etc... etc...

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #20610 Previous topic | Next topic