Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #1321
View in linear mode

Subject: "Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway" Previous topic | Next topic
SonicYanFeb-10-02 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1321, "Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"

Just a reminder. Its less than a week from now. Let's make a final list again for those going.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Teameclipse804, Feb-10-02 04:39 PM, #1
RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, CVedEclipse, Feb-10-02 08:38 PM, #2
      RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Eric97GS, Feb-11-02 03:14 AM, #3
           RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-11-02 04:14 AM, #4
                RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, eclipsekaiser, Feb-11-02 06:38 AM, #5
                     RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Feb-11-02 07:02 AM, #6
                          RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Teameclipse804, Feb-11-02 10:12 AM, #7
                          RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, madregal, Feb-11-02 10:14 AM, #8
                               RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Teameclipse804, Feb-11-02 10:37 AM, #9
                                    RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, thedawg, Feb-11-02 12:07 PM, #10
                                         RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, SonicYan, Feb-11-02 01:22 PM, #11
                                         RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Teameclipse804, Feb-11-02 01:28 PM, #12
                                              RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, DownAzzDSM, Feb-11-02 03:00 PM, #13
                                                   RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, Teameclipse804, Feb-12-02 07:15 AM, #17
                                         RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16, eclipsekaiser, Feb-12-02 06:18 AM, #16
RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Anton, Feb-11-02 06:12 PM, #14
RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, mitsuman, Feb-11-02 06:27 PM, #15
      RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, CVedEclipse, Feb-12-02 07:44 PM, #18
           RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Teameclipse804, Feb-12-02 08:00 PM, #19
                RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Eric97GS, Feb-13-02 03:31 AM, #20
                     RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, CVedEclipse, Feb-13-02 07:35 AM, #21
                          RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, SonicYan, Feb-13-02 06:46 PM, #22
RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Teameclipse804, Feb-14-02 06:22 AM, #23
RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Eric97GS, Feb-14-02 09:28 AM, #24
      RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Teameclipse804, Feb-14-02 12:21 PM, #25
RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Teamicjeclipse, Feb-15-02 11:26 AM, #26
RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Teameclipse804, Feb-15-02 12:27 PM, #27
      RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Teamicjeclipse, Feb-15-02 12:56 PM, #28
           RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Teameclipse804, Feb-15-02 03:12 PM, #29
                RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, Candude, Feb-15-02 08:44 PM, #30
                     RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway, thedawg, Feb-16-02 12:38 AM, #31

Teameclipse804Feb-10-02 04:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1322, "Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll be there. All the info is at this link:

http://www.2gnt.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=216&forum=DCForumID24&omm=0

Here is some reposted info. We are meeting THIS satruday, feb. 16, at Jack in the Box at 6:30 am.

2gnt SoCal meet for Saturday, February 16, at California Speedway in Fontana. You can run your car for fun (most of us will) or just go to watch. It's $20 to race your car the whole day (we got about 7-8 runs in last time). It's $10 just to watch. Find out what times you run before you do more mods, and you can beat a bunch of civics too (except for me and my 17 sec times hehe).

Let's meet at 6:30 am at the Jack in the Box which is about a mile away from California Speedway:

Jack in the Box
10048 Cherry Ave
Fontana, CA 92335

To get to the Jack in the Box, after you exit the 10 freeway at Cherry Ave, you head North, and once you pass Valley Blvd, the Jack in the Box will be to your left. I suggest checking directions at http://www.mapquest.com. For info on California Speedway, go to http://www.californiaspeedway.com.

The address of California Speedway is:
9300 CHERRY AVENUE
FONTANA CA 92335

**Please try to be at the Jack in the Box by 6:30 so we can all head out on time - I'll try to be there before 6:30 to get some food to eat. We need to get in tech inspection early so that we can get a good spot in the pits. Some people go there as early as 3 am. Post here so we can get a list of who is going...hope you all can make it...btw, racing goes until about 5 pm, but we all left around 3 pm last time since we got tired and already got a lot of runs. That weekend is also a president's holiday weekend, so relax and come out and race.

**ALSO, be sure to BRING your license, registration AND proof of insurance. If you are under 18, there is a form you must get signed before hand by your parents. More info is at http://www.californiaspeedway.com.

Also, someone please bring needle nose pliers so I can install my blue HVAC led hehe. See ya guys there...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CVedEclipseFeb-10-02 08:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1323, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 1

count me and my friend in.. no guarantees if im running or not, but we'll be there

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Eric97GSFeb-11-02 03:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
325 posts,
#1324, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 2

I'm in also.

97 Eclipse GS

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-11-02 04:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#1325, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 3

I'll be there w/ a buddy of mine. Hopefully I can make it to Jack n da Crack by 6.30. I probably won't be racing so I'll assume the cameraman duties
I have sonics # so i'll give him a buzz if im running late.

eclipsekaiserFeb-11-02 06:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#1326, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 4

my GF and I'll be there. Probably to watch only. I already know what my RS runs without my turbo.

For those of you that ain't running are ya still going to park in pits or in the general area? I say we still fork the money and kick it in pits.

Marcus, remind me again on friday to bring the needle nose pliers or any other tool you'll need.

see you guys/gals there.

kaiser

-K-

Moderatorsd_eclipseFeb-11-02 07:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#1327, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 5

I was probably just gonna fork out the money and park in the pits. That way I at least have to option of running or not...

Teameclipse804Feb-11-02 10:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1328, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 6

Ya it's only 10 extra bucks to race (20 total for one car and one driver), so you might as well park in the pits with the rest of us 2gnt's . I don't see why any of you don't wanna run for fun though. It's fun, and a real rush, so even if you run slow times like me, it is still fun. Plus, different tracks usually yield different times, and the weather should be good too...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

madregalFeb-11-02 10:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#1329, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 6

would i need a helmet if i did race? i know my car is in no danger of hitting the 12s

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar
Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.Radius Rims.Pirelli Tires.Eibach Pro kit Springs.KYB GR2.$15 camber mod

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

Teameclipse804Feb-11-02 10:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1330, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 8

Nope, no helmet unless you are faster than 13.99 seconds. Just bring license, registration, and insurance, and make sure you have no visible leaks (meaning they don't want puddles of fluid on the track).

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

thedawgFeb-11-02 12:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#1331, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 9

I'll be there... who's bringing what food and/or bbq?

Dan Green
99'RS

SonicYanFeb-11-02 01:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#1332, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah peeps, bring food!!! Anyone with a tent or something that could serve as shelter while we're waiting in the pits? Yeah that would be cool if all who went parked in the pits. We could have a photoshoot again. So, are we gonna do pot luck?

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT

Teameclipse804Feb-11-02 01:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1333, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 11

I don't know if we can BBQ there, but everyone just try to bring some sort of small snack, like chips or soda. For lunch, we can just make a quick run to one of the fast food places down the street, or eat there...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

DownAzzDSMFeb-11-02 03:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
346 posts,
#1334, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 12

I'm in for sure... To bad my Venom kit won't be in until sunday... I was wondering about my tires, My camber is bad so it wore the inside of my tires, so I had the tires swapped around. Now it looks like I'm running on bald tires. Will they still let me run?

Steve
Black 97 GS
First time at track 16.231 @ 86.11 (Intake & Exhaust/ 17" rims)
Best time- 14.154 @ 101.22
W/O N2O- 15.916 @ 88.98

Magnacor

Teameclipse804Feb-12-02 07:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1335, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 13

You don't have to worry about bald tires, their tech inspection is really lax. They don't even look under the hood of every car. Also, yes we can bring food into the pits, it's all an open area. But I think that we just can't be cooking in there hehe..

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

eclipsekaiserFeb-12-02 06:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#1336, "RE: Cali Speedway Meet Info - 6:30am at Jack in the Box Feb 16"
In response to Reply # 10

hehehe. too bad I don't have my HRC kit running...we can be the untouchables for the day Dan. I'm just silly.

So are we allow to bring food into pits???

kaiser

-K-

AntonFeb-11-02 06:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
61 posts,
#1337, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll be there

-Anton
http://anton_eclipse.tripod.com/

mitsumanFeb-11-02 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#1338, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 14

:( fug guys. i wanna go. but damm my car is STILL in the driveway. undrivable

good thing is i got the parts today so HOPEfully i can fix it soon.

maybe me and my friend can go. he has a civic. jes intake and rims. yall wont laugh at him will you? well there might be hope. ill let ya guys no. lates

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. AEM cold air intake
1. NGK plugs

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2
eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a
boy can dream

coming very soon:
1. CF hood

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

CVedEclipseFeb-12-02 07:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1339, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 15

just a quick question... my friend ordered his helmet, but they are now on back order and wont be able to get to him for this saturday.. do any of you have a helmet for a nice Z28.. if not, can he just go there and say he runs 14s?? haha.. anyone? help is needed.. thanks!

^^what once was^^

Teameclipse804Feb-12-02 08:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1340, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 18

Sorry, don't think we have helmets, but if the socal dsm turbo guys go, I think some of them might have helmets. He can just say he thinks it runs mid to high 14's. If he runs too fast, they may tell him he needs a helmet, and not let him race until he gets one. But I think that somebody there would be able to let him borrow it if they run in a different group (imports usually have their own class separate from domestics).

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Eric97GSFeb-13-02 03:31 AM
Old School 2GNTer
325 posts,
#1341, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 19

Let me take a look at my house I have my dirt bike helmets but I dont think those will be to good but I think he have a couple older ones that will look better.

97 Eclipse GS

CVedEclipseFeb-13-02 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#1342, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 20

thanks for the help guys.. hell, i told him to use a bicycle helmet if he had to. haha.. im sure he'll take anything he can get at this point.. we both are going regaurdless, and we are both trying to get some runs in... so if anyone has a helmet they can spare, bring it along, and we'd appreciate it.. thanks!

^^what once was^^

SonicYanFeb-13-02 06:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#1343, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 21

Hey peeps, any of u have extra stock 14's? If u have some, could I borrow them for the track? I think my 18's are reaaaaaaaaaalllly gonna kill me...Tnx.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT

Teameclipse804Feb-14-02 06:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1344, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 0

Also, just a reminder that you MUST wear long pants when racing, and a shirt with sleeves (no tank tops).

Also, did anyone else get the blue HVAC led from hondahater? I want to try to install mine, so if anyone else does, we can install it at the same time. Can someone bring needle nose pliers, superglue, electrical tape, and soldering tools if you have it? Thanks.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Eric97GSFeb-14-02 09:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
325 posts,
#1345, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 23

Hey marcus not a problem. I can bring the tools. Since I got my PS2 in I have an AC/DC inverter. I will bring soldering iron and stuff.

97 Eclipse GS

Teameclipse804Feb-14-02 12:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1346, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 24

Cool, thanks! I think weather will be good this weekend, supposed to be partly cloudy and cool, which is great for running at the track...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

TeamicjeclipseFeb-15-02 11:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#1347, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 0

I will be there, but not racing. Can i still park in the pits or no? I want to install my HVAC led's.

Since i am not racing, what time should i get there?

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Teameclipse804Feb-15-02 12:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1348, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 26

If you're not racing, then you have to park in another section. Or, you can do what some others are doing, and just pay to race, but you don't actually have to race. Then you can park in the pits with the rest of us. I tihnk you should just race...it'll be fun If you don't race, then it doesn't really matter when you go as long as you can find us in the pits...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

TeamicjeclipseFeb-15-02 12:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#1349, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 27

i want to race, but no notary places will be open when my parents get home so we can't fill out that damn permission slip. Maybe i will just bring my dad tomorrow and he can sign the slip and he can go home.

What time does racing begin?

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

Teameclipse804Feb-15-02 03:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1350, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 28

Actual racing starts at 9 pm after tech inspection I think. Maybe you can bring your dad at 6:30 am when we go to tech, and have him fill out the forms. I think you should be able to go to the front booth/tent they have and fill out the form before you do tech inspection. Or, if he didn't want to go that early, he could probably meet us at the track at around 8:00 to 8:30 since that's most likely when we would end up at the front of the tech line (assuming that the line was pretty long like last time). But the good thing about cali speedway is usually theres only 300 to 400 cars, whereas pomona was always 600 to 700 cars. We got in 7 runs by 3 pm last time, but at pomona, I only got in 4.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

CandudeFeb-15-02 08:44 PM
Member since Feb 05th 2002
57 posts,
#1351, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 29

Won't be able to make it
Smoke some tires for me.
Somebody get some good pics.
Be safe. Drive hard. Have fun!
Candude

1996 Eclipse GS
MaxSpeed Racing Muffer (c/w Silencer), 2.5 Inch Cat Back Pipe, AEM CAI, Magnecor KV85 8.5mm Competition Spark Plug Wires, NGK BKR5EYA-11 Plugs, Symborski Shift Kit, Hurricane_GS Short Shifter, MaxSpeed Racing Pedals, Import Intelligence

thedawgFeb-16-02 12:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#1352, "RE: Reminder: SoCal 2GNT meet at Cali Speedway"
In response to Reply # 30

Ok, well im on my way out.... fuuuug its too dam earlyyyy tho.

Dan Green
99'RS

Top Team 2GNT Community Announcements Area topic #1321 Previous topic | Next topic