Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #920
View in linear mode

Subject: "Track Preparation" Previous topic | Next topic
vegasdsmrMar-27-02 06:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#920, "Track Preparation"

aight, im finally goin to the 1/4, and hopefully she wont shit out on me so i can actually get a few decent runs. i figure i will post up sum ideas that i have, and have recieved from others to stop the "what should i do, cuz im goin to the trak" posts...i know, im guilty of doin it b4, but there isnt much to be found on the site for this kinda thing.

neways.
here's da list of what i can think of off the top of my head...

weight reduction, take as much out as you can
fresh oil- its that time of the month for her-
fuel filter- needs to be swapped neways-
appropriate psi in tires (18-25psi up front,and higher psi in rear)
i am goin to do a pass with 3lug nuts up front instead of 5 to see if my times are different
low gas (dont race on a full tank, your weight reduction will be pointless)
clean air filter element (so it can suk like a champ)
clean throttle body
yank the p/s a/c belt off and only have the udp spin the alt

umm, and thats it, for now at least. im down to get more insight, and additions to this list so that maybe the main page can have a raceprep page in the future.

one last thing dont be an ass, and post dum shit to this thread. please post things that would be worthwile to look into that would benefit, or decrease times.... TIA

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Fast420AMar-27-02 07:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#921, "RE: Track Preparation"
In response to Reply # 0

DON'T remove any lugnuts, They really don't weigh THAT much, you may notice a difference in your times of .00001 seconds. I would be afraid of my wheels falling off or breaking the lugs.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Mar-27-02 09:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#922, "RE: Track Preparation"
In response to Reply # 0

>aight, im finally goin to the 1/4, and hopefully she wont
>shit out on me so i can actually get a few decent runs. i
>figure i will post up sum ideas that i have, and have
>recieved from others to stop the "what should i do, cuz im
>goin to the trak" posts...i know, im guilty of doin it b4,
>but there isnt much to be found on the site for this kinda
>thing.
>
>neways.
>here's da list of what i can think of off the top of my
>head...
>
>weight reduction, take as much out as you can
>fresh oil- its that time of the month for her-
>fuel filter- needs to be swapped neways-
>appropriate psi in tires (18-25psi up front,and higher psi
>in rear)
>i am goin to do a pass with 3lug nuts up front instead of 5
>to see if my times are different
>low gas (dont race on a full tank, your weight reduction
>will be pointless)
>clean air filter element (so it can suk like a champ)
>clean throttle body
>yank the p/s a/c belt off and only have the udp spin the alt
>

here are some things to include

IF you have tires you just don't care about (like worn out stockers) then bring a can of fix-a-flat instead of the spare. This is because, where are you going to put the spare, jack, and all the tools? People (including myself) have had their jacks stolen at the drag strip when they were left out of the car for some runs, so leave teh jack, tools, and spare at home if you can.

And, don't remove any lug nuts, that's pointless and dangerous

run your light set of rims/tires, not your heavy set (not even in the rear)

if you have adjustable shocks, set the fronts to soft, the rears to stiff

don't spin your tires, don't dump the clutch

make sure your tuning instruments (laptop, palm pilot, whatever) have enough battery power before leaving, if you can't plug them into the car

make sure you have a battery tie down and your overflow can for the radiator is actually there, they check these things during tech inspection

one friend told me this idea, at first, sounded stupid, but then agreed with me and said it was a good idea, bring a little bit of food and water. Food and drink at the drag strip is generally pricey (except the $1 for a pound of ice cream at the shootout!) and if you're hungry and thirsty, you won't be able to focus on racing.

make sure you plan for the weather. if it's early or late in the season bring a sweater or jacket if it gets cold at night. I don't remember how many times it was 75 when I got to the drag strip, and 55 at night when I left

pull the ps/ac belts AFTER you get to the drag strip

>umm, and thats it, for now at least. im down to get more
>insight, and additions to this list so that maybe the main
>page can have a raceprep page in the future.
>
>

Excellent idea! After we get more information I'll submit it to Juan and see what he says (and we'll write down the names of everyone who contributes)

some tips for people with turbo engines would also be a big help, so if you have a turbo and more tips, post 'em!

>one last thing dont be an ass, and post dum shit to this
>thread. please post things that would be worthwile to look
>into that would benefit, or decrease times.... TIA

now who would do that???

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #920 Previous topic | Next topic