Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #823
View in linear mode

Subject: "shifting question" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipticriderMar-17-02 12:03 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#823, "shifting question"

ok i know that it has been chewwed and chewwed again then spit back out into the blender. but my friends r talkn' about some new way to shift, i'm not aware of such. so if any1 has any info that can lay this to rest along w/the best way to shift. leave some info here.

thnx ya'll

btw, the ppl who r say'n this all drive hondas, go figure.

mods:
full exhause
cai
sparkplugs
platnum plus window tint
all black interior
altezas

future mods(in no particular order):
engine swap
lower it
wheels
seats
exhaust
piant job
turbo wing
hood
body kit
neons all around
head light housing
new altezas
new stereo equipment
and more that will be kept secret for now

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: shifting question, xEclipsE RaceRx, Mar-17-02 01:11 PM, #1
RE: shifting question, mitsuman, Mar-17-02 07:33 PM, #2
RE: shifting question, Fast420A, Mar-17-02 07:39 PM, #3
      RE: shifting question, skinny_one, Mar-17-02 08:08 PM, #4
           RE: shifting question, Fast420A, Mar-17-02 09:26 PM, #5
                RE: shifting question, EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Mar-18-02 04:48 PM, #6
                     RE: shifting question, dsmark, Mar-19-02 05:21 AM, #7
                          RE: shifting question, fasterGS, Mar-19-02 01:36 PM, #8
                               RE: shifting question, mitsuman, Mar-19-02 05:42 PM, #9
                                    RE: shifting question, eclipticrider, Mar-23-02 01:10 PM, #10
                                         RE: shifting question, theallpowerfulme, Mar-29-02 06:58 PM, #11

xEclipsE RaceRxMar-17-02 01:11 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#824, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 0

Well hondas are slow, they start off in 5th gear . Nah but ive heard a number of ways to shift. Ive heard sum crazy ways on how to double shift dat you wont believe it. Start off in 1st then when you want to shift you put it in neutral , push the clutch while in neutral, then let go, then push again and put in 2nd. and you keep pushin the clutch in neutral every time you shift. I laughed when i heard dat.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Mods And Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Site/Homepage.htm

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mitsumanMar-17-02 07:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#825, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 1

easily put the best way to shift is FAST at red line or right b4

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Greddy Power Extreme
exhaust
3. Blits Super Sound BOV
4. HKS Turbo timer

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2
eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a
boy can dream

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

Fast420AMar-17-02 07:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#826, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 1

>Start off in 1st then when you want to shift you put it in neutral
>push the clutch while in neutral, then let go, then push
>again and put in 2nd. and you keep pushin the clutch in
>neutral every time you shift.

That is called double clutching and is how older cars HAD to be driven because they had no synchros in the transmissions. I currently have to drive that way to shift into 3rd and sometimes 4th since my tranny is fucked up. If I don't double clutch then the tranny GRINDS going into 3rd.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

skinny_oneMar-17-02 08:08 PM
Member since Mar 03rd 2002
258 posts,
#827, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 3

Is that loud click sound when shifting a grind or the syncros?

- No Purchase Neccesary. Details Inside.

Fast420AMar-17-02 09:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#828, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 4

Well mine does more than click, it's a nice loud grinding noise. If you have just a single click, it may not be grinding but it could be something else in the tranny.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

EcLIpsInEmCEe7Mar-18-02 04:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1607 posts,
#829, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 5

could it be the slave or master clutch cylinder goin bad? my car used to make a grindin noise when i went to shift and the clutch was depressed all the way in. got it fixed and that was that.

-matt

97 Eclipse GS-T with 6-bolt engine

dsmarkMar-19-02 05:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
142 posts,
#830, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 6

ok well here's one way..it hurts but its works...

do your launch, however u want(i hold it at about 3000 and drop it with about 18-22 psi in fron tires), when u are at about 6300-6600rpms, push in the clutch, shift to second, then let it back out....but keep the gas to the floor the whole time. this is very hard on the tranny, clutch, drivetrain but u will shift like a mofo i promise.

mark

stage 2 turbo and all that crap

fasterGSMar-19-02 01:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#831, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, thats how I used to shift, I wouldnt let off the gas when I was shifting. bad thing is if you happen to mis-shift then your bouncing off the rev limiter and more or less looking like an ass.

mitsumanMar-19-02 05:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#832, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 8

when ur shifting fuckin as fast as i can or you can then it really doesnt make a difference wether you hold in the gas or not. jes shift real fast. thats pretty much it. itl take some time to learn the clutch shift gas. but when u learn damm you can get some real quick shifts

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. HRC STG 2
2. Greddy Power Extreme
exhaust
3. Blits Super Sound BOV
4. HKS Turbo timer

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2
eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a
boy can dream

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

eclipticriderMar-23-02 01:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#833, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 9

true, that is the way i've always shifted, and now w/the stage III clutch i'm having no problem screaching 2nd and just have to do a good fast shift to chirp 3rd. so i must be doin' sumtin right

mods:
full exhause
cai
sparkplugs
platnum plus window tint
all black interior
altezas

future mods(in no particular order):
engine swap
lower it
wheels
seats
exhaust
piant job
turbo wing
hood
body kit
neons all around
head light housing
new altezas
new stereo equipment
and more that will be kept secret for now

theallpowerfulmeMar-29-02 06:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#834, "RE: shifting question"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah,
that whole hold the gas thing all the time is what I do and it is the fastest way i've ever seen.
on the clicking noise mine does it twice....entering neutral and exiting neutral...I go bwwaaaaaaaaaaaaah click click bwaaaaaaaaaaaah click click bwaaaaaaaaaaaah, etc. why is that?

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #823 Previous topic | Next topic