Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #713
View in linear mode

Subject: "how accurate do you think this gtech is" Previous topic | Next topic
that_cool_guy18Feb-26-02 10:01 AM
Member since Feb 02nd 2002
147 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#713, "how accurate do you think this gtech is"

it said my 1/4 time was a 16.5 flat. my mph was a whopping 88.4 though. todd scungio runs something about that quick and he runs 15.5 something. is the gtech screwed up or am i just that bad w/ my launches?

the eclipse is gon but i sold it to my brother so it is still in the famil i bought the nissan se-r spec i like it for the price i paid. once the aftermarket starts coming into play i will have one hella fast biotch. i gteched her at 15.4 with 1

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorVX100Feb-26-02 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#714, "RE: how accurate do you think this gtech is"
In response to Reply # 0

I tried a g-tech once. The MPH is always off, sorry but I wouldn't take that 88 mph as accurate. The 1/4 mile measurement can be rather accurate if you set it up EXACTLY right and you run on a straight flat road.

Even if the 1/4 mile time is off by a few tenths (which is usually is) the g-tech is very consistant if you run on the same stretch of road and don't move teh g-tech.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSBLK93GTFeb-27-02 11:58 AM
Member since Jan 01st 2002
784 posts,
#715, "RE: how accurate do you think this gtech is"
In response to Reply # 1

Speed is off by 5mph but times are REALLY close. I used it on my mustang and my friends and are within .05 or less of our times at track. I got a new best today of 16.23@88.2 with my Probe today besting my old time of 16.4. Not bad for a 130,000 mile GL with only a cone filter and homemade adapter. I think it is a very useful tool for comparing times after mods and helping you improve your driving skills for better times. Use should easily be able to get down to where I am or better with more practice. I am going to try my Probe out this year at the track to compare when not running my Mustang. Practice makes perfect!!!

'00 Harley-Davidson F150
'88 Mustang GT
'93 Mustang LX 5.0
'00 Focus (beater)

SaberKhanFeb-28-02 03:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#716, "RE: how accurate do you think this gtech is"
In response to Reply # 2

I agree. The times are pretty accurate, but the mph are different from the track mph you'd see. There is a reason for that though. The day I ran a 15.5 at the track, I tested it on the test lane. Cranked out a 15.4 on that run. Directly afterwards I went 15.5 on the real track. That was also in 90+ degree nasty rainy weather with blown rear shocks. In the bitter cold with my old 14" wheels I nailed consistent 15.0's-15.1's at up to an indicated 99mph. If I wasnt going turbo, I really would get a CAI. My old (and cracked) Tenzo short ram doesnt exactly perform well when the temp is even in the high 70's. A CAI would do wonders I imagine.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Ryan_HesMar-01-02 07:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#717, "RE: how accurate do you think this gtech is"
In response to Reply # 3

You always have to add that your had blown rear shocks and shitty tires.. I just got a luahg out of it when Ir ead it...as if your current best time isnt impressive enough?

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

SaberKhanMar-02-02 08:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#718, "RE: how accurate do you think this gtech is"
In response to Reply # 4

No damnit! Its not! Actually, I never mentioned shitty tires Michael has his missed 3rd gear and heavy rims, I have my blown shocks and rainy 90 degree weather Leave us be

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #713 Previous topic | Next topic