Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6312
View in linear mode

Subject: "2.4 pt eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
neon11Jan-01-18 06:39 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2013
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6312, "2.4 pt eclipse"

we oval track race a 97 eclipse 420a, blue up the 2.0 got an idea, 02 pt cruiser 2.4 lower end, with the 2.0 420a reverced head. longer stroke, and t belt but, same fireing order, cam/crank sensor, with i forgot # head gasket, went together fine. cams are the oppsite on the eclipse but,thats when i noticed cam line ups were diff. ,and when lined up for each motor, lobes were in totaly diff. positions. again same fireing order, i set the t belt like the 2.0 eclipse. has comp, spark, inj. power, and ground pulse spinning over, when it fires i loose ground pulse in #1 and #2, #3 and #4 still have pulse. i dont have a timing lt. but i marked the crank, and had a spark tester on #1 spinning it over it looked like the crank mark was a quater turn past the lt. flash. does the relutor fire the sensor diff on the 2.4 i also noticed even though reverced, eclipse cam sensor being on the exhaust, insted of intake on pt. when both cams are lined correctly to there motors, the cam magnet is a 1/4 turn counter clockwise on the eclipse. ground and moved it a 1/4, wouldent start at all. please can some one help, thanks. neon11

johnnyr

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bluespunkMar-09-17 03:14 PM
Member since Apr 08th 2008
98 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#6319, "RE: 2.4 pt eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=109293&mode=full

Scroll down to the "electrical compatibility" section of Alain's post. That looks like what you're running into to me.

My build: verttuner.com (hosted on my blog)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6312 Previous topic | Next topic