Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6295
View in linear mode

Subject: "Good launch point" Previous topic | Next topic
spikekautzAug-12-12 10:26 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2012
31 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6295, "Good launch point"

Wanted to take my eclipse to the track, and I know where to shift as I make the pass I was really wondering where a good launch point would be, I was thinking it would be lower than the actual shift point to reduce wheel spin and keep traction.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Good launch point, SilvrEclips, Aug-14-12 05:40 AM, #1
RE: Good launch point, spikekautz, Aug-15-12 02:43 PM, #2
      RE: Good launch point, JoshDSM, Aug-15-12 09:32 PM, #3
           RE: Good launch point, spikekautz, Aug-16-12 03:11 PM, #4
                RE: Good launch point, JoshDSM, Aug-16-12 10:37 PM, #5
                     RE: Good launch point, spikekautz, Aug-17-12 01:09 AM, #6

SilvrEclipsAug-14-12 05:40 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2007
534 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6296, "RE: Good launch point"
In response to Reply # 0

I would start about 3.5k, when you take off slip the clutch out quickly but not fast enough to drop the revs. When I went to launch I would hit the gas pretty hard and slip the clutch out fast enough to keep the rpms between 3-4k and once the clutch was fully out then floor it. It takes a lot of practice but this way I would get no bog and the turbo was spooled by the time I hit the gas hard.

98 Eclipse GS Turbo
Built motor - MS2 - Holset hy35 - Zoom Stg 4 Clutch - 57.5mm TB - ARP Headstuds - Turbonetics wastegate - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Cobra calipers w/ 13" Rotors - Oil Cooler - DevilsOwn meth injection

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

spikekautzAug-15-12 02:43 PM
31 posts,
#6297, "RE: Good launch point"
In response to Reply # 1

That makes sense, seems like you'd be just inside the powerband but not far enough you'd be lighting you're tires up real bad and losing traction. Thanks.

JoshDSMAug-15-12 09:32 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#6298, "RE: Good launch point"
In response to Reply # 2

Do exactly what silver said. Tonight I went to the track launched at 2700 off the line popped the clutch and it bogged. You want to ride it out then punch it. I am still learning my sweet spot.

spikekautzAug-16-12 03:11 PM
31 posts,
#6299, "RE: Good launch point"
In response to Reply # 3

I was practicing I little today at sops signs on some back roads around my house, 3.5k seemed like a good spot to launch from, I didn't really get too much wheel spin from there. I've also been thinking about wiring up shift lights one set for the lauch and another for the shift point so I can focus more on the tree and the strip than looking down at my tach.

JoshDSMAug-16-12 10:37 PM
Member since Aug 29th 2010
69 posts,
#6300, "RE: Good launch point"
In response to Reply # 4

Just remember when you go to the track the launch point is going to be way different because the track is sticker than the street is.

spikekautzAug-17-12 01:09 AM
31 posts,
#6301, "RE: Good launch point"
In response to Reply # 5

Alright, thanks for the tip.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6295 Previous topic | Next topic