Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6244
View in linear mode

Subject: "HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685Oct-10-10 06:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6244, "HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"

No on track incident, Saturday went great. Heading to the track this morning from the hotel and two minutes from the track....

Deer came out of no where I never even saw him, just a loud BANG, POP and my windshield was shattered. My dad was following me in his truck so we pulled over and assessed the damage. Appears to be cosmetic only, new hood fender door mirror and windshield and I should be good to go. Just sucks we didn't get to finish out the weekend.

I did get the deer though

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-10-10 06:37 PM, #1
RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-10-10 08:20 PM, #2
      RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, Moderatorbullettdsm, Oct-11-10 12:42 PM, #3
           RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, AdministratorCODE4, Oct-19-10 01:32 PM, #4
                RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-19-10 09:07 PM, #5
                     RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, AdministratorCODE4, Oct-19-10 09:08 PM, #6
                          RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, electrohead, Oct-25-10 09:40 PM, #7
                               RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, xiDsmmanix, Jul-23-11 08:28 PM, #8
                                    RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, dalesmitsu, Aug-06-11 12:14 AM, #9
                                         RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece, AdministratorCODE4, Aug-06-11 10:32 AM, #10

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-10-10 06:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6245, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 0

Ouch! Sorry about the EVO, that's a shitty way to end a race weekend...

Can you keep the deer?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Oct-10-10 08:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#6246, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
Ouch! Sorry about the EVO, that's a shitty way to end a race weekend... Can you keep the deer?

Yeah it pretty much sucks a fat one. Idk if it's allowed, but we were debating tossing the deer in the truck, haha. We left for half hour and someone took it by the time we got back.

Also there was no sign of my driver side mirror afterwards.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

ModeratorbullettdsmOct-11-10 12:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6247, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by cs82685
We left for half hour and someone took it by the time we got back. Also there was no sign of my driver side mirror afterwards.

Nah, he was faking. Got up and ran away with your mirror just to fuck with you.

Yucky damage. Crappy way to end the weekend.

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

AdministratorCODE4Oct-19-10 01:32 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#6248, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 3

Before leaving the scene, I would have slit the deer's throat for good measure.

---

2012 2500HD LML

420agreenvilleSCOct-19-10 09:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#6249, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by CODE4
Before leaving the scene, I would have slit the deer's throat for good measure.

damn dave. wtf lol

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

AdministratorCODE4Oct-19-10 09:08 PM
2552 posts,
#6250, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by CODE4 Before leaving the scene, I would have slit the deer's throat for good measure.
damn dave. wtf lol

I am serious. If I collided or glanced off a deer and damaged my RS - I would ensure the animal was dead.

---

2012 2500HD LML

electroheadOct-25-10 09:40 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
#6251, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by CODE4
Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
Originally posted by CODE4 Before leaving the scene, I would have slit the deer's throat for good measure.
damn dave. wtf lol
I am serious. If I collided or glanced off a deer and damaged my RS - I would ensure the animal was dead.

Amen to that. When I had a possum run in front of me when I was driving my first gen on the highway, I got out and made sure it was dead. I walked all around 84 in Waterbury until I saw the remains. Then I took out tape and zipties and mended my bumper. ...Good times..

xiDsmmanixJul-23-11 08:28 PM
Member since May 10th 2010
39 posts,
#6259, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 7

Ohh no! I'd cry if I hit a deer with my RS. Goodluck on the repairs man.

dalesmitsuAug-06-11 12:14 AM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
#6260, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 8

Damn, thats sucks.
So, did you make jerky out of it.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

AdministratorCODE4Aug-06-11 10:32 AM
2552 posts,
#6261, "RE: HPDE Evo didn't come home in one piece"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Damn, thats sucks. So, did you make jerky out of it.

First of all Dale, old ass thread. Second, did you read the thread? He never got the deer.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6244 Previous topic | Next topic