Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6225
View in linear mode

Subject: "I BROKE THE BARRIER! N/A" Previous topic | Next topic
FotowntalonAug-16-10 08:02 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6225, "I BROKE THE BARRIER! N/A"

First off, this site is finally up so I can begin bragging! (I'm car 1541)
Secondly

That's right, made it by .001! Despite some misfortunes, overall a great shootout this year, and this right here made it! I know I've said this in person and at tuners, but huge thanks to Mark for his patience, coaching, tips, technical help, and most of all his slicks! Thanks to Colby for the competition which helped fuel me to get here, your next in line. Also thanks to everyone else who helped me along the way and to everyone especially the guys at the shootout who supported me.

My two main regrets, 1) I didn't make time to go hang with all of the 2GNT crew, and 2) I didn't put the slicks on right of the bat, because I know i could have been quicker, even if only by another tenth.

Here is the rest of the time slips with the slicks on, in reverse order because I cant figure out a scanner... (the street tires did horrible, a lot through driver error, so not posting those slips atm)

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dalesmitsuAug-16-10 10:23 PM
Member since May 13th 2006
986 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6226, "RE: I BROKE THE BARRIER! N/A"
In response to Reply # 0
Aug-16-10 10:24 PM by dalesmitsu

Congrats.

__
1995 gs Saved from the crusher
1998 RS gone to(Dsm Heaven)
1997 gs gone to Dsm heaven

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

740 turbo brickAug-16-10 10:52 PM
Member since Jun 09th 2008
831 posts,
#6227, "RE: I BROKE THE BARRIER! N/A"
In response to Reply # 1

As I said on Tuners, Congrats man. It was definately a race to which of us would get there first. I wanted to race you down there and actually give you a hard time taking the title, but alas, inferior parts slow me down. I may have more horsepower (Right now...) but you beat me to 14s, and I tip my hat to you, sir. Friendly rivalry at its best.

We should try to meet up at a track sometime before the summer is over. Depending on how far away it is for you we should meet at Summits track on a grudge night and duel it out.

95 Eclipse GS: 10.5:1, Crower 2's and MSII
186 WHP - 150 WTQ
14.697 @ 93.85 MPH......Gone, but not forgotten
99 420A Avenger: Given to my sister
99 GS OZ: Sold
03 Evo 8: Family Car with balls

FotowntalonAug-16-10 11:01 PM
Member since Aug 09th 2009
350 posts,
#6228, "RE: I BROKE THE BARRIER! N/A"
In response to Reply # 2

I'd be down for a grudge night I'm about an hour, to hour and a half away from the track, so wouldn't be to difficult, I'll just have to know far enough in advance to make plans, can be hard to get away with the fiance and kid at home. Plus I need time to buy slicks =P. Also for those who arn't on tuners, just finished editing the video footage it can be watched here -->

If you listen close enough there is a few parts where you can hear bullet yelling. Was shot on a digital camera and she didn't get the actual time board (she told me she did once and it looked fuzzy so didn't do it again, she didn't realize blown up it would of looked fine) but i still find it enjoyable

97 Talon ESi 14.943@91.35MPH N/A!
"If you need someone to provide an itemized build of materials and a flowchart to walk you through every build-related question you will need to answer at each step of the process, you shouldn't be playing with cars. "-Driggs

ModeratorbullettdsmAug-17-10 03:58 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#6229, "RE: I BROKE THE BARRIER! N/A"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Fotowntalon
If you listen close enough there is a few parts where you can hear bullet yelling.

What? Caught me yelling?! That can't be true, lol.

Proud of you my man, definitely exciting. And this was your first day on slicks....ever. Very cool to see your progression that day. And as you said, there is still room for improvemnet on your current set-up. Get her down to a 2.0 launch (doable with the slicks) and you are already deeper. I'm really liking that trap with your set-up (92+). Very impressive also.

Of course it was my pleasure to help you out a little. I can give you pointers all day long, BUT its still up to you to translate that into results (of course, I still had a blast just running around and helping). And I'm sure you knew, if you didn't make it, I was going to take her down the track, lol. I was pretty sure that the car could do it. But it was up to you to be the driver that you needed to be (and you were. Hey, a better reaction time on the semi-finals and you're running the finals)

Hell, its stuff like this is what the forums are all about. As I have said in the past, I never had this kind of help when I was learning. All I had was my own experiences, my buddies and the vendors (who you couldn't trust because they had ulterior motives; selling you their shit) for help/information. With forums like 2gnt, you guys have access to a huge amount of information and experience. I'm just glad I could help. Kinda makes it worthwhile to spend time posting on 2gnt

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6225 Previous topic | Next topic