Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5393
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ran my Project sleeper for the first time" Previous topic | Next topic
jack_of_tradesOct-08-06 10:45 AM
Member since Oct 30th 2005
217 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5393, "Ran my Project sleeper for the first time"

So I brought the beast up to New England Dragway today and ran it a few times. It ran a 14.486! Not bad considering my automatic transmission is prematurely shifting into 4th gear at 70-75mph!!!!! This kicked in at just about my 1/8th mile marker which you can see from my opponent who was getting beat until then lol.You can tell something was up by my SUPER slow trap speed too(might as well have put it in neutral for the last half lol). I ran against a few modded SRT-4's who ran 13.7's to 13.9's and was easily a half car to a full car length ahead of them until the tranny shifted too soon. Managed a 2.013 60' one time too with the stock 14" (half bald) bubbly tires. Plenty of room for improvement for next year but enough to make me happy on stock internals and 8psi.

heres the timeslip

Jamie-
-AUTOMATIC turbo'd 95 Talon ESI@8psi (stock internals)14.0sec=1/4 mile

-2003 Mitsubishi Evo VIII

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BlackMagicOct-08-06 03:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5394, "RE: Ran my Project sleeper for the first time"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow that's a low trap. And that SRT-4 had a horrid 60' time.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jack_of_tradesOct-08-06 03:42 PM
217 posts,
#5395, "RE: Ran my Project sleeper for the first time"
In response to Reply # 1
Oct-09-06 05:21 AM by jack_of_trades

Yeah, the trap speed is due to the tranny shifting into 4th gear on me at 70-75mph everytime. Its like I have the torque reduction mod done, but i dont. It's intermittent but I had it happen every pass that day. Murphys law, it was fine on the way home lol. My guess is traction issues with the SRT-4. His low profile tires looked hard as rocks. He should be able to run much lower than that with that trap speed too.

Jamie-

boosted4g64Mar-27-07 10:52 AM
Member since Mar 22nd 2007
27 posts,
#5545, "RE: Ran my Project sleeper for the first time"
In response to Reply # 2

very low trap, but still a pretty good time

jack_of_tradesApr-02-07 12:15 PM
217 posts,
#5561, "RE: Ran my Project sleeper for the first time"
In response to Reply # 3
Apr-02-07 12:37 PM by jack_of_trades

Fixed the tranny issue. Was simply the coolant temp sensor. Car thought the coolant temps were below 175 degrees(which doesn't allow high revving in 3rd until the car is warmed up) and would shift it into 4th gear as a safety precaution for the auto tranny. With the new mods I have done this winter and still with the auto tranny, I am shooting for mid to high 13's this season before I drop the 5 speed in (maybe before the DSM shootout).

Just read that MB broke 13's on the New England DSM site......you my friend have upped the anty between us,lol.

Jamie-

yzriderApr-10-08 07:01 AM
Member since Apr 09th 2008
19 posts,
#5808, "RE: Ran my Project sleeper for the first time"
In response to Reply # 0

Thats sick dude those srt's can be prety bad ass too so you were doing very well to hold them off.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5393 Previous topic | Next topic