Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5200
View in linear mode

Subject: "Evo vs C5 Z06" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderator992gntJun-15-06 04:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5200, "Evo vs C5 Z06"

Here's the setup:

Location - BeaveRun Motorsports Complex, PA

Event - NASA HPDE/Race weekend

Class - HPDE 3 (High Performance Driver Education Class)

Competitors - One Lap of America prepped C5 Z06, hp unknown. Car ran in the 2006 OLA, finished 35th overall and 12th in class. Looked liek a pretty well prepped car. My Evo, driven to the track (28 mpg) on race tires and put on the track. I never even checked tire pressures. Tuned at 26psi for around 390 awhp, boost was set at 22, so power was down to around 350 or so. I have less than $2500 in power mods and less than $2500 in suspension mods.

The showdown - I left grid in P1 with the vette behind me. For the first 4 laps he was close to me but not close enough for me to let him pass (a rule in HPDE - no passing without a signal from the car in front). I wanted to see if I was holding him up (should be, right?), so I let him by on the back straight and tucked in right behind him. I fully expected him to drive away from me. Well, he didn't. For 5 more laps I shadowed him, pushing him hard enough that he put a wheel completely off and I thought he was gonna wad it up. He didn't, and then let me back by. Within a lap he was back on me, but still not enough to get by. This went on for the full 20 minute session, back and forth. I set my fastest laps of the weekend during that session, and drove well enough to get moved up to HPDE 4, the top class. I also got compliments on the car and my driving from the vette driver (he wasn't happy about it though!) and our group leader. It was a great weekend, so I thought I would share.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

CustomGSJun-16-06 04:42 AM
Member since Jul 15th 2004
668 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5201, "RE: Evo vs C5 Z06"
In response to Reply # 0

I would assume that the AWD was the determining factor there. Good job!

Chris
---------------------------------------

98 Eclipse GS 5 spd- sold
95 Camaro Z28
64.5 Mustang 302 3spd

Originally posted by DR1665
Sometimes, you don't need to pull away to win. You just need to show them they have nowhere to run.

Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
No, but one time i tried to pee over a car, and pooped my pants.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderator992gntJun-18-06 08:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5207, "RE: Evo vs C5 Z06"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-18-06 08:24 AM by 992gnt

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

wickedtalonJun-21-06 03:32 PM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#5216, "RE: Evo vs C5 Z06"
In response to Reply # 2

sweet!

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5200 Previous topic | Next topic