Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4846
View in linear mode

Subject: "First time running the 1/4 turbo..." Previous topic | Next topic
WickedESiJul-24-05 07:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4846, "First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
Jul-24-05 08:53 PM by WickedESi

Man I suck at launching...

2.543 60'
14.807 ET
101.53 MPH

I was running consistant 2.5-2.6 60's. That's f'in horrible. I just couldn't transistion into boost, it was like a on/off switch thanks to the potato and no stand alone (unable to part throttle boost w/o running lean because of closed loop, and at any given time I have full boost when I go to WOT). I would launch decent like I'm use to N/A (got a 2.3 as my best 60' N/A) and then as soon as I'm kinda high in the rpm range I would punch it and just spin out, so I would shift to second, and *spin all the way* to third, because I'm an idiot. I tried modulating the gas, but like I said the boost was either on or off. One time I tried launching in second (lol) and it bogged out untill the turbo spooled, then I spun to third (2.9 60' on that one lol). I kept running and running thinking I would be able to lower my 60', but I kept screwing up doing the same thing (I ran 11 times).

Does anyone know what MPH should be good for a 13, as that is my goal for the stock bottom end. My friend got a 13.9 @ 103.62 on his turbo integra w/ a 2.26 60' today, but I'm curious what MPH is practical for a 2gnt to get a 13. BTW, I'm running at 9 psi (small turbo) with no signs of detonation, low EGT's (1300'ish), lots of fuel.

It was over 100* out, the news said yesterday and today have been the hotest days in 3 years here (I was getting 130* intake temps down the track, because I went cheap and used heatsoaking steel to make my ic piping). Thanks to my intelligent planning I got my friends to plan to go to the dragstrip on it. I did beat a Infinity G35 so that was fun.

Oh yeah, I have pretty decent tires, 215 Yokohoma G-Force Sports ran at 20 psi, and my suspension set soft up front and stiff in the back. I just gotta learn how to launch or something... It was stressful today. Maybe, I just couldn't concentrate because of the heat.

I should have some video up later.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., WickedESi, Jul-24-05 09:18 PM, #1
RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., JWoodley, Jul-25-05 06:52 AM, #2
RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., WickedESi, Jul-25-05 01:02 PM, #3
      RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., soulcontroller, Jul-25-05 01:42 PM, #4
      RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., WickedESi, Jul-25-05 01:52 PM, #5
      RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., JWoodley, Jul-25-05 05:54 PM, #6
           RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., CarbonFiberRST, Jul-26-05 04:44 AM, #7
                RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., soulcontroller, Jul-26-05 07:16 AM, #8
RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., 96rs-t, Jul-26-05 10:12 AM, #9
      RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., CarbonFiberRST, Jul-26-05 10:18 AM, #10
           RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., 96rs-t, Jul-26-05 10:32 AM, #11
                PICS!!!!!, GorkoRacing, Aug-02-05 06:07 PM, #12
                     RE: PICS!!!!!, 96rs-t, Aug-02-05 07:39 PM, #13
                          RE: PICS!!!!!, undisputed, Aug-03-05 05:13 AM, #14
                               RE: PICS!!!!!, GorkoRacing, Aug-03-05 06:28 AM, #15
                                    RE: PICS!!!!!, JWoodley, Aug-04-05 06:49 AM, #16
                                         RE: PICS!!!!!, GorkoRacing, Aug-05-05 05:33 AM, #17
                                         RE: PICS!!!!!, WickedESi, Sep-04-05 09:18 PM, #20
RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., taloniized, Aug-05-05 12:52 PM, #18
RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..., Scandelous, Aug-11-05 08:01 AM, #19

WickedESiJul-24-05 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4847, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 0

I also forgot to mention if you'd think having a half tank (moddest) of gas would slow my 60 foot down?

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JWoodleyJul-25-05 06:52 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#4848, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 1

I talked to Anthony he said you guys got some work done. I did run a little bit faster with less fuel, but not noticeably. Theres soo much that factors in to a consistent ET. Everything will come around with time and practice. I could only pull a 2.2 with the n20 setup I ran. My friend has some MT drag radials if you wanna give those a shot! Just let me know. He's going to AU this fall so maybe we can all get out to MMP. Goodluck!

WickedESiJul-25-05 01:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#4849, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by JWoodley
My friend has some MT drag radials if you wanna give those a shot! Just let me know. He's going to AU this fall so maybe we can all get out to MMP. Goodluck!

That would be awesome! Are they already mounted? Yeah, we should definately make it out to MMP.

soulcontrollerJul-25-05 01:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#4850, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 3

2.4 60'. 13.8 @ 106.x

WickedESiJul-25-05 01:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#4851, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 4

Your auto though right sc? Isn't that the performance difference between a normal auto and manual, is that you should be able to get a lower 60' than auto w/ a manual?

JWoodleyJul-25-05 05:54 PM
2335 posts,
#4852, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by WickedESi
Originally posted by JWoodley My friend has some MT drag radials if you wanna give those a shot! Just let me know. He's going to AU this fall so maybe we can all get out to MMP. Goodluck!
That would be awesome! Are they already mounted? Yeah, we should definately make it out to MMP.

Yep, they are mounted. I also have access to nitrogen so the tire pressure wont change.

He's got a 92 3KGT. Twin 15Gs, Kormex LSD, dejon piping, 450cc injectors and a few other surprises. BTW, the stock motor is a 3L V6 @ 10:1 CR and he's prepping to run 15-17psi.

CarbonFiberRSTJul-26-05 04:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4854, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 6
Jul-26-05 04:47 AM by CarbonFiberRST

get a dual stage bc and run 1st and or 2nd at 6 or 7psi...
at 6psi i was able to launch at 4k just dumping the clutch on crappy kuhmo 711's (also 215) and got a 2.2 60' and ran a 15.0 @ 91mph at the mmp back in 2003

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

soulcontrollerJul-26-05 07:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2490 posts,
#4855, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 7

i dont know about getting a "lower" 60' time persay, but i ran 5 times at the shootout, and oddly enough EVBRY one of my 60's were within +- .05 of each other. very consistent.

if it was a 5 speed it would be much worse, cause im a shitty driver. awd makes up for that haha.

96rs-tJul-26-05 10:12 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#4856, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by WickedESi
I also forgot to mention if you'd think having a half tank (moddest) of gas would slow my 60 foot down?

gas is weight, i always run on 1/4 tank or close to empty.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

CarbonFiberRSTJul-26-05 10:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1368 posts,
#4857, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 9

with a turbo and its fuel requirements its risky imo to run less than 1/4 and according to hahn they say not to run with less than 1/8 i beleive

Evo 8 - 12.3@113 circa 2009 (~330whp)
Now with BB Xona Rotor HTZ FP Red and ~450whp
2018 MSM Civic SI Ktuner TSP stage 1 w/ Honda hacked headunit.

96rs-tJul-26-05 10:32 AM
2203 posts,
#4858, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 10

they say that to "extend fuel pump life", but i don't think a few runs at the track will effect it much.

SoCal DSM

GorkoRacingAug-02-05 06:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#4877, "PICS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 11
Aug-02-05 06:11 PM by GorkoRacing

WickedESi (reppin the 2gnt shirt), My car w/ theallpowerfulhe's rims, my friend lee w/ turbo GSR, and harry potter with the STi

Same minus Lee and harry potter in the shot

Asses

WickedESi vs. Ricer

WickedESi and g35 getting ready

G35 losing to WickedESi

Lees GSR (ran 13.9s)

WickedESi's ESi (looking wicked)

Ford Vs. DSM lol

ahhh going home

96rs-tAug-02-05 07:39 PM
2203 posts,
#4878, "RE: PICS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 12

Hurray!!! for beating that G35

SoCal DSM

undisputedAug-03-05 05:13 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2004
157 posts,
#4879, "RE: PICS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 13

all I see are red X's

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gs 10th anniversary OZ edition
aem v2 CAI|Toyo Proxes FZ4|ADR Silver Sukodo wheels|Tsudo muffler|Tein S-Tech Springs|B&M short shifter
Cardomain page*new pics soon*
STILL SLOW

GorkoRacingAug-03-05 06:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#4880, "RE: PICS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 14

Hmm. I loaded them to my cardomain site. I dont think you have to be a member on there to see the pics. You try copy pasting too? They work for me and I guess the guy above.

JWoodleyAug-04-05 06:49 AM
2335 posts,
#4881, "RE: PICS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 15

I wish I coudlve made it to Steele when I had the N20 setup. Dang. Looking good though. Joel, how much cash do you have tied up in your kit?

GorkoRacingAug-05-05 05:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1757 posts,
#4883, "RE: PICS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

Hey woodley those are the rims I was telling you about that Lane wanted me to see if you wanted really cheap. Sorry the pics arent really close up and they and my car are dirty but you can at least see what they look like.

WickedESiSep-04-05 09:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#4936, "RE: PICS!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by JWoodley
I wish I coudlve made it to Steele when I had the N20 setup. Dang. Looking good though. Joel, how much cash do you have tied up in your kit?

Everything has cost me only about $2000, which uses the price of the parts I paid on eBay, and if you were to buy a GT-28R for the price they sell for from ATP. I'm not going to tell you what I paid for it though . Basically peicing everything was cheap as !#@*, I just made up for it by the time spent fabbing everything.

taloniizedAug-05-05 12:52 PM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
#4884, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 0

That's pretty much my 60' also. I always dump the clutch at 3,000RPM's.

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

ScandelousAug-11-05 08:01 AM
Member since Jul 19th 2004
445 posts,
#4885, "RE: First time running the 1/4 turbo..."
In response to Reply # 18

You should be able to run 13's with that mph. Just practice.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4846 Previous topic | Next topic