Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4674
View in linear mode

Subject: "suspension settings" Previous topic | Next topic
baxsomMar-15-05 03:09 PM
Member since Nov 27th 2004
758 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4674, "suspension settings"

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question so please someone move it if not.

What is the best suspension setting for a 1/4 mile track
i have an eibach pro kit with kyb agx shocks set at the hardest setting all the way around. it was suggested to me that i should soften up my fronts for launching then back to hard when i am finished at the track.
since i have only ran my car once and my launches sucked
i have no basis yet to compare but was wondering what anyone else thought

thanks

1996 eclipse GS-T
1968 Ford Mustang
2004 Suzuki GSXR600
2006 Honda CBR1000RR
Decisions Decisions

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

UDLUZEMar-15-05 04:04 PM
Member since Nov 08th 2002
60 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4675, "RE: suspension settings"
In response to Reply # 0

I run ebay coilovers, with kyb agx set to hardest setting all the way around. With the coilovers i can lower the front and raise the back a little at the track. I've only run this setup twice at the track, but worked alot better than the past. I can launch the car on drag radials, with 12 pounds of boost at 4900 at the track, and around 4300 on the street. Thats after doing a short burnout.

(BUILT SHORTBLOCK, HRC S20G-H W/ FMIC, CRANE 16S, 450 dsm injectors, Chillfactory regulator, 3" EXHAUST, SPEC CLUTCH)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jesseMay-09-05 12:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
963 posts,
#4726, "RE: suspension settings"
In response to Reply # 1

i have the agx's too and the best settings i've found is the fronts on one or two and the rears on eight

-------------------------------

1997 Dodge Avenger - 13.7 @ 105

whttalon95Jun-01-05 07:16 PM
Member since May 29th 2005
68 posts,
#4762, "RE: suspension settings"
In response to Reply # 2

Since the Eibachs are known as a little bit softer spring i think that you should but the dampning on the AGXs right in the middle in the front and all the way stiff in the back, from my experiances i have had problems running a really stiff front suspension because of wheel hop??

-03 Eclipse GT-

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4674 Previous topic | Next topic