Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3470
View in linear mode

Subject: "WTH HAPPENED?!?" Previous topic | Next topic
bokchoiSep-22-03 09:51 PM
Member since Jan 29th 2003
412 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3470, "WTH HAPPENED?!?"

So I went to the tracks the other day. I own a 95 GS A/t...and my buddy drove a 96 RS A/t. So alright, we're both autos...and here are the mods:

My car: AEM CAI, testpipe, OBX muffler, Mag 8.5 sparkwires, NGK plugs
His car: Aem CAI....

I know my mods wouldnt make a big diff but how the hell did I lose to him?? Is it because I lost torque from the testpipe? BUt the thing is I couldnt catch up to him, as he gradually pushed ahead...He didnt beat me by much but he still did...we launched pretty much at the same time too. I know our autos are slow as shit but I was hoping I could get an explaination on this. And oh yeah, my car has 20k miles less than his...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, FarOutKucki, Sep-22-03 11:00 PM, #1
RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, bokchoi, Sep-23-03 01:25 PM, #2
RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, invaznGST, Sep-23-03 06:19 PM, #3
      RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, totaleklipse97, Sep-23-03 06:41 PM, #4
RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, EclipseRST, Sep-23-03 07:01 PM, #5
      RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, bokchoi, Sep-23-03 08:31 PM, #6
           RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, grain, Sep-24-03 01:13 AM, #7
                RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, DSMeclipseGS, Sep-24-03 07:10 AM, #8
                     RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, DarKReaLity, Sep-30-03 01:24 PM, #9
                          RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?, jsupetran, Oct-03-03 07:24 PM, #10

FarOutKuckiSep-22-03 11:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2719 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3471, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 0

rs's are lighter. the rs rims are one hell of a lot lighter, and all the options you have on your gs slow you down.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bokchoiSep-23-03 01:25 PM
412 posts,
#3472, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah that was probably it...grrr...must get reveng ..heh thanks

invaznGSTSep-23-03 06:19 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#3473, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 2

testpipe, OBX muffler, Mag 8.5 sparkwires, NGK plugs

those things dont help that much..if anything the test pipe and muffler took off low end power.. the only thing that should help you would be the cold air intake

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

totaleklipse97Sep-23-03 06:41 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#3474, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 3

rs is lighter and he might have more experience?? just a thought. your both a/t so driver skill goes out the door once you pass the 60ft your just along for the ride.

VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

EclipseRSTSep-23-03 07:01 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#3475, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 1

>rs's are lighter. the rs rims are one hell of a lot lighter,
>and all the options you have on your gs slow you down.

Bingo

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

bokchoiSep-23-03 08:31 PM
412 posts,
#3476, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah everything makes sense...guess I should go on with the parts that actually give "more" power...I was planning on getting a 4-1 header since I dont plan on going turbo...I know the AF/x UDP is reliable but you think it'll make an acceptable difference for my A/t?

grainSep-24-03 01:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#3477, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 6

the udp i think is one of the best money to hp mods there is. i dont have one, but my turbo makes up for that. buy a dremel.

DSMeclipseGSSep-24-03 07:10 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#3478, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 7

Dont buy the header... waste of $$$$ compared to the power gains. You won't feel anything if you don't have at least a full exhuast and intake.

Go with the 60mm throttle body and a UDP. Then get all the AT mods... search for those.

DarKReaLitySep-30-03 01:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#3489, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 8

another way to gain at least some more horses is get cam gears and advance timing on the intake side at least +2-4*, everyone that has done this has gained another 4-5HP. that's all the bolt on things i can think of besides the above mentioned. other than that. if you want to really beat him, do the final drive mod like many auto guys have done, it'll give you an extra kick at the launch.

jsupetranOct-03-03 07:24 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#3499, "RE: WTH HAPPENED?!?"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah do the final drive mod, but don't tell him you got it done hehe.

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3470 Previous topic | Next topic