Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2849
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gsx vs Gs-t???" Previous topic | Next topic
BaseJaxxMay-09-03 01:20 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2003
73 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2849, "Gsx vs Gs-t???"

Which is faster a gsx or a gst? Which is faster off the line? Why?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???, Mystic511, May-09-03 06:12 PM, #1
RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???, invaznGST, May-12-03 04:34 AM, #2
      RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???, Justin99RS, May-12-03 06:27 AM, #3
           RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???, Dark Ringleader, May-12-03 11:07 AM, #4
                RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???, BaseJaxx, May-12-03 05:26 PM, #5
                     RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???, 98Talon, May-20-03 10:13 AM, #6

Mystic511May-09-03 06:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2852, "RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you serious?

Ok, well, a gsx has all wheel drive.

You should logically be able to figure out which can do what from that, but i'll explain anyway.

Stock for stock, the GST and GSX run the same quarter mile time.

GSX gets off the line first, but GST catches up because it is lighter (doesn't have AWD equipment).

Which will be faster after that? After mods, the gsx will be faster because it can get off the line quicker, but the GST will struggle with losing traction.

Don't get me wrong though, GST's are just as fast, and even without the AWD advantage, you can run 13's easily.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

invaznGSTMay-12-03 04:34 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
#2860, "RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah. they are both the same speed. but i've heard stock for stock the GST is BARELY faster..just because it's a little lighter. The GSX off the line is faster cause it doesnt slip. I've heard people call GSTs, "Got Some Traction" cause they can hold a lot of power but with all that power they will peel all through 1st and 2nd gears. stock for stock GST is barely faster..but with mods..GSX easily takes the win because of its AWD capability. both are good cars. 4g63!

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Justin99RSMay-12-03 06:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#2861, "RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???"
In response to Reply # 2

from what i have seen at the track and with friends cars...the GSX is a touch faster factory in the 1/4 because of the traction advantage off the line, highway...the GST will win...but of my friends i have seen that a stock GSX will run 14.9 and the GST a 15.1...start modding and hat goes right out the window....friend with the GSX ran a 14.2 with a bolt on muffler, injen intake and greddy S BOV...while the GST with the same exact setup couldn't break 14.6 due to traction issues...

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

Dark RingleaderMay-12-03 11:07 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#2862, "RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???"
In response to Reply # 3

There's a girl that pulled a 14.7 in her GS-T (96) but could never hit it again, she had that one amazing run and the rest of them are low 15's

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

BaseJaxxMay-12-03 05:26 PM
Member since Apr 05th 2003
73 posts,
#2863, "RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks guys, as always everyone comes through for the new guy . I know its a simple question and fairly obvious but i have heard something about the way that the Gst is geared differently and from a roll is faster than the Gsx. Thanks again guys

98TalonMay-20-03 10:13 AM
Member since Apr 22nd 2002
1096 posts,
#2895, "RE: Gsx vs Gs-t???"
In response to Reply # 5

I don't think it's geared differently, but I may be wrong about that. Weight is a big issue, but so is Drivetrain loss. The GSX will lose much more power through the drivetrain than a GS-T will... both cars perform great when modded though.

1990 Eclipse GS-T

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2849 Previous topic | Next topic