Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2562
View in linear mode

Subject: "98 RS a/t vs M/t 97 civic dx, can i beat him" Previous topic | Next topic
drjeff2kMar-22-03 09:34 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
173 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2562, "98 RS a/t vs M/t 97 civic dx, can i beat him"

Can i beat a 97 civic dx manual (the one with a whole 95 hp and no v-tec)w/ a cat back and k&N filter. Ive got an auto 98 RS stock now but ill prolly have an intake b4 the race. I know he'll get a huge jump on me but would i be able to catch up?

My Site: http://www.geocities.com/jeffmets2000

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

amljbsMar-22-03 11:01 AM
Member since Jul 18th 2002
587 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2563, "RE: 98 RS a/t vs M/t 97 civic dx, can i beat him"
In response to Reply # 0

I have beaten both the EX and the DX. The EX you couldnt beat if he had those mods and you were stock. However the DX should be a good race for you. They are light as hell but low on power so I think youll beat him. With my mods I killed a DX recently but its still a good race for me against an EX. They have a good advantage off the line. You should be able to win just put it in first power brake and you should take him.

1998 Eclipse GST

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dark RingleaderMar-22-03 12:22 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#2565, "RE: 98 RS a/t vs M/t 97 civic dx, can i beat him"
In response to Reply # 1

No contest man, I beat one the other day that had a fart cannon and I was only at 3/4 throttle

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

Dark RingleaderMar-22-03 12:22 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
869 posts,
#2566, "RE: 98 RS a/t vs M/t 97 civic dx, can i beat him"
In response to Reply # 1
Mar-22-03 12:24 PM by Dark Ringleader

oops double post

FOR SALE PM Me for info:
Red '95 GS ATX with mods

New Ride:
94 Acura Integra GS-R 5-Speed
Comptech Intake
Tein S-Tech
On the way:
Integra Type R Transmission with LSD
GReddy Turbo Kit (by end of summer hopefully)

chris2wire: you've been uber'd

solareclipsegurlMar-27-03 03:05 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
#2597, "RE: 98 RS a/t vs M/t 97 civic dx, can i beat him"
In response to Reply # 3

ya those dx's are only single camed.. way slow.. shoot i beat one when i was completely stock!.. and we were both manual.

~Lisa~

www.liquidimaginationz.com
www.extremecarsinc.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2562 Previous topic | Next topic