Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2500
View in linear mode

Subject: "97 GS v 95 Camaro" Previous topic | Next topic
redfoxMar-14-03 03:46 AM
Member since Nov 18th 2002
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2500, "97 GS v 95 Camaro"

Here's an interesting one that I want an opinion on. My friend has a 95 base Camaro (160 hp, 200 tq). But he's also an auto with a full stereo setup. Considering I'm a stick and a better driver anyone thinks it's possible? The funny part is that the guy with the Camaro thinks I'll win. Not really any mods on either car. Certainly not on his.

Fox

- '97 Red Eclipse GS -
The car that everyone thinks is real cool until they find out it has a Neon motor in it. Here's to Neons with Mitsu body kits!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

redfoxMar-14-03 05:13 AM
Member since Nov 18th 2002
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2501, "RE: 97 GS v 95 Camaro"
In response to Reply # 0

Here are the numbers I'm looking at. Of course this is without his stereo and both drivers.
Camaro = 3251 lbs.
20.3 #/hp
16.3 #/tq

Eclipse = 2767 lbs.
19.8 #/hp
21.3 #/tq

If I was going to race him at a track or whatever I'd drop as much weight as I could. With a good launch do you think I can make it against the torque?

Fox

- '97 Red Eclipse GS -
The car that everyone thinks is real cool until they find out it has a Neon motor in it. Here's to Neons with Mitsu body kits!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSMar-14-03 05:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#2502, "RE: 97 GS v 95 Camaro"
In response to Reply # 1

95... 3.4L or 3.8L? I've been the 3.4's The 3.8's are tougher, those 3800's put down some decent times. The auto will help you.

Only one way to find out... head to the track.

15.9 @ 86.7mph
97 Eclipse RS

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, P&P Intake, Crower Stage 2 Cams, Hooker Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, Crane Ign Amp, S-AFC

1sweet98talonApr-06-03 05:53 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
341 posts,
#2629, "RE: 97 GS v 95 Camaro"
In response to Reply # 2

Auto 3.4L Camaros are garbage. Don't even fear racing...Get a good launch, and shift when u feel it is right. You've got it.

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

2g99RSNCApr-07-03 04:44 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
894 posts,
#2633, "RE: 97 GS v 95 Camaro"
In response to Reply # 3

My first car was a auto 96 RS camaro they do pretty good they come with 200 hp out of the 3.8 and the 93 to 95's come with the 3.4 with about 160 hp. I think u should be able to take him if u launch on him good off the line u might want to do some of the free mods like porting and polishing ur TB and also fill in ur motormounts so u can get a good launch.

good luc

built turbo 99 rs-back to stock and parted out
Now: 2003 S2000 Aem ems, 1000cc injectors, inline pro 3mm headgasket, T67 turbo, full race manifold, Tial 44m wastegate, Tial 50mm bov, 255 fuel pump, kaaz 1.5 lsd, comptech bearing caps, j's 4.77 gears, and so much more

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2500 Previous topic | Next topic