Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2319
View in linear mode

Subject: "I think I am FINALLY going to the track this weekend...." Previous topic | Next topic
brynden29Feb-05-03 04:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4079 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2319, "I think I am FINALLY going to the track this weekend...."

Well boys, looks like I am finally going to get Shamu on the track. Just wondering if you guys could give a racing n00b some advice? I plan on taking as much stereo stuff out as I can, all be it, there is not much I can take out. The subs for sure. What else should/can I do to help not post an embrassing time?

Brynden

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

1TuffRSFeb-05-03 04:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2320, "RE: I think I am FINALLY going to the track this weekend...."
In response to Reply # 0

you got drag radials or slicks? lol

To be honest with you, your first time out at the track you shouldnt expect to get a great time. Its gonna take a lot of practice to get launching down pat. The best practice you can get, besides going to the actual track, is launching your car at stoplights (works for me, but youve got about 140 more whp)

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Feb-05-03 07:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2321, "RE: I think I am FINALLY going to the track this weekend...."
In response to Reply # 0

keep the wheelspin down! Don't go too crazy on the launch and yo'll be fine.

Oh, also drop your front tires down to about 24 psi or so, and go to the track with as little gas as possible

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

icedoutFeb-07-03 12:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3139 posts,
#2328, "RE: I think I am FINALLY going to the track this weekend...."
In response to Reply # 2

ride the clutch out.... don't drop it.... also when you see the 2nd light lite up then you go(saying that there are three yellows) this will give you the best R.T. should be single digets...... get the feel of shifting before you go to make sure you don't down shift... also if you have a shift-light shift when you see it light up don't worry about watching the rpm's......... once going keep the gas pedal pined to the floor and just stomp the clutch while keeping the gas pinned down when changing gears... and best of all have fun and don't worry about the guy next to you. just worry about driving your car and getting to the end of the track.... don't let off the gas till your past the signal at the end...
goodluck
post up your times when you go...................

2006 WW IX MR
2003 BBY EVO VIII (sold)
256.9WHP & 277.9torque
http://s90395832.onlinehome.us/forum//index.php?sid=a70942a7f65043e6c873e12dcd300692

1998 Eclipse RS --show car--

StraussFeb-07-03 07:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#2330, "RE: I think I am FINALLY going to the track this weekend...."
In response to Reply # 3

I say, bring your revs up just below 4K rpm's to launch.....and smoothly slip the clutch on takeoff, do not drop it! Feather through the wheel spin in first gear the best you can, then shift that bastard as hard/fast as you can into second and feather the wheel spin once again. Once you grab traction in the top of second you will be all set. The hardest part with these turbo 420A's, is getting through 1st and 2nd gear. Good luck and let us know your results!!!!

StraussFeb-10-03 04:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#2339, "RE: I think I am FINALLY going to the track this weekend...."
In response to Reply # 4

I take it you didn't go?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2319 Previous topic | Next topic