Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2204
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
invaznGSTJan-02-03 02:45 PM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
3897 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2204, "Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"

This guy I know..his brother got a new Audi 1.8L Turbo..it's an S4 or A4 or whatever those things are called..do you guys think I could beat it?

performance mods:
RRE UICP
Injen Intake
Hallman ES Boost controller with 15 psi
greddy type-s bov

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
RSTsoonJan-02-03 02:49 PM
Member since May 22nd 2003
127 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2205, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

They use those in the American Le Mas racing series dont they? They are pretty fast. :o But I dont know im no pro when it comes to comparing.

My cars not slow im just fat..

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Justin99RSJan-04-03 02:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2206, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

you'll beat the pants off it....i ran dead heat with one back when i was stock...no prob for a GST

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

invaznGSTJan-04-03 06:38 AM
3897 posts,
#2207, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

thank you sir

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

Fast420AJan-05-03 04:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#2208, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

An S4 would smoke you, it's AWD twin turbo v6

An A4 is the 1.8L that's in the VW's but I am not sure but I think the A4 is also AWD. If so, it will have you off the line but you will have the roll advantage by far.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

neovbJan-06-03 04:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#2209, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

The A4 had an option for thier quattro AWD. Its the same engine as in the 1.8L turbo VWs, I think it puts out somewhere near 180hp.

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

invaznGSTJan-06-03 06:46 AM
3897 posts,
#2210, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

yeah it's an A4 not S4..it's the Audi 1.8L Turbo..but VWs are so slow... the GTis are slow..the Jetta VR6s are slow.. i mean not like super slow but they aren't nothing special.

Mark

'95 Eclipse GST - gone
'00 Jetta GLS

TeamStan2gntJan-14-03 07:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#2211, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 6

You just made me come out of hiding! For the record my VR6 will beat a stock 2G GST with 19s and all everytime! I have but 3 mods.

>the GTis are slow..

a 1.8T GTi runs sub 7 sec 0-60 times and low 15s stock. low to mid 14s with a $500 ECU upgrade (I dont know a GTi owner who doesn't have a chip and every sunday all the VW owners in the area hang out). A 1.8T Gti cost $18900. slow compared to what? its not slow compared to a stock GST or any other FWD sports coupe short of a SRT neon. A VR6 12V or 24V GTI is within a tick or two of a 1.8T GTI. It too will break into 14s with $500 worth of mods ($200 CAI and $300 ECU). Granted 150hp Gti's up to 2001 werent that fast but there were no RSXs, SVTs or SPEC Vs during those years. Its still a mid 14 sec car with $500 worth of mods

>the Jetta VR6s are slow.

A Jetta is a GTi with a trunk and 100lbs. all the above applies.

guess what. The Gti 1.8T is what the turbo DSM used to be. A cheap turbo car with potential to go fast for cheap. Its everything Mitsubishi abandoned when they made the 3G.

As for the question old A4s only had 150hp and the new ones have 170hp. Neither is a rocket or should be any problems beating. With a chip comes another 30-50hp and 80ft lbs of torque. You should still win, the car is heavy especially with AWD. An S4 would spank that ass easily and an S4 with a chip is more corvette territory than FWD street eclipse territory.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

LuzionistJan-06-03 04:36 PM
Member since Sep 06th 2002
41 posts,
#2212, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

if it's an A4 yah u would've won. if it was an s4, stock gst? no way those things will eat you up. ran against an s4 thinking it was an a4 at the races one nite, next thing I saw the back end of his car. by the time I realized what it was, he was two car lengths on me.

- 98 5SPD GST (crankwalked and blown turbo)
- Tanabe G-medalion Catback
- OBX Air Intake
- TurboXS Type-H BOV
- RRE Upper IC
- RRE 2.25" Turbo Inlet Pipe
- RRE MBC 17psi Daily (20psi Race)
- Apex-i A/F, O2,& Turbo Timer
- VDO Boost Gauge
- NGK Plugs
Future Mods: Hahn FMIC, AEM EMS, 550cc injectors, Walboro Pump, Hahn S-20g turbo, Eibach prokit, GAB adjustables, and repaint car to Sube WRC blue.

- 98 5SPD GST (crankwalked and blown turbo)
- Tanabe G-medalion Catback
- OBX Air Intake
- TurboXS Type-H BOV
- RRE Upper IC
- RRE 2.25" Turbo Inlet Pipe
- RRE MBC 16psi Daily
- Apex-i A/F, O2,& Turb

Mystic511Jan-08-03 01:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#2213, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 8

S4's run mid 14's stock.

A4's are pretty decent... just not stock... but anyone worth his weight in tools could mod an A4 to get 250 whp for 1500 bucks

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Meet Da XJan-14-03 06:29 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
196 posts,
#2214, "RE: Audi S4 or A4 whatever 1.8L Turbo"
In response to Reply # 9

No chance against a s-4. Its funny i was just watching Mischief and the s-4 topped out at 170mph.

96 gs-t
To much shit to list.

Remdawgz@aol.com

96 gs-t
To much shit to list.

Remdawgz@aol.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2204 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic