Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2051
View in linear mode

Subject: "Getiing closer...." Previous topic | Next topic
Moderator992gntNov-09-02 01:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2051, "Getiing closer...."

Went to the track today. Best run was a 13.290@108.34 Of course it was my last run, but the car behaved very well and got better every run. My best run also had the worst 60', a 2.267. The DR's were hooking up pretty good, with a best 60' of 2.122. Started using the stutter box on the line, and also the soft rev limiter so I didn't have to 'lift to shift'. Both worked very well, especially the soft limiter which let me keep the turbo spooled between shifts. Just thought I'd share!

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Getiing closer...., vegasdsmr, Nov-09-02 01:30 PM, #1
RE: Getiing closer...., Strauss, Nov-09-02 03:35 PM, #2
      RE: Getiing closer...., Moderator992gnt, Nov-10-02 02:33 AM, #4
           RE: Getiing closer...., Strauss, Nov-10-02 02:38 AM, #5
RE: Getiing closer...., ModeratorVX100, Nov-10-02 02:06 AM, #3
RE: Getiing closer...., Kirby, Nov-11-02 09:32 AM, #6
      RE: Getiing closer...., 96venger, Nov-14-02 03:17 PM, #7
           RE: Getiing closer...., Moderator992gnt, Nov-15-02 12:23 AM, #8
RE: Getiing closer...., TeamJasonESi_T, Nov-20-02 05:08 PM, #9

vegasdsmrNov-09-02 01:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2052, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 0

props on those times.. 2.12 on a 60ft
}>

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StraussNov-09-02 03:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#2053, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 1

First let me say congrats Now I got a few questions for ya, first how much boost were you running? What drag radials were you using, and what rpm were you launching at? Whenever I try using the stutter box with the Crane(set at 4K), my car just smokes the shit out of my front tires.......guess I need a quaife Once again, great times.....I'm sure you will be in the 12's very, very shortly

Moderator992gntNov-10-02 02:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#2054, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 2

>First let me say congrats : Now I got a few
>questions for ya, first how much boost were you running?

Thanks. Boost was at 18-20 psi. It's all about driving. I didn't do much of anything different to the car, but I dropped 3/10ths off my best time. All I worried about was driving - not tuning for once and it paid off. I'm trading in my MBC for a Profec B or AVC-R this winter. I should be running 25+ on race gas.

>What drag radials were you using, and what rpm were you
>launching at? Whenever I try using the stutter box with the
>Crane(set at 4K), my car just smokes the shit out of my
>front tires.......guess I need a quaife

I am using BFG DR's, 245/45-14 at 15 psi. I launched at 4500,5200, and 4900, with my best 60' at 5200. I still slip the clutch to get it rolling and then drop it, even with the stutter box. The Quaife will help out quite a bit. So does having the 2nd rev limiter set at 7000 rpm. Once I got used to it, my shifts got much shorter and I lost less time by being able to keep the turbo spooled between shifts.

Once again, great
>times.....I'm sure you will be in the 12's very, very
>shortly

Next year will feature:

Different suspension (coil-overs)
New boost control
Bigger Turbo (at least a s20g, maybe a Green or similar)
15" M/T Drag ET slicks - that stick outside the fenders!
75 shot
Maybe new fuel control as well

I want to hit the 11's :

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

StraussNov-10-02 02:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#2055, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 4

>Different suspension (coil-overs)
>New boost control
>Bigger Turbo (at least a s20g, maybe a Green or similar)
>15" M/T Drag ET slicks - that stick outside the fenders!
>75 shot
>Maybe new fuel control as well
>
>I want to hit the 11's :

With what you plan on doing, I don't doubt that you will hit 11's. The hardest part is going to be traction. It's like that "Field of Dreams" baseball movie: "If you hook it up, your time will come."

ModeratorVX100Nov-10-02 02:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#2056, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Nice job Greg, good to see the times drop.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

KirbyNov-11-02 09:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#2057, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 3

So your studder box is an add on to your ignition system and your soft rev limit is a built in function correct? You are using the crane ignition system also right? I think I'm going to need this down the line. and if the 2.2 comes through like it should then it may be pretty soon.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

96vengerNov-14-02 03:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#2058, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 6

Great times!
What size injectors are you using? What size will you use for 25 psi?
Also what is your fuel set up and what will it be when runing 25psi?

Thanks

Mark Dollar
Stage 3-4 Turbo
See my White Avenger @
WWW.Armond30.com

Moderator992gntNov-15-02 12:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#2059, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 7

Kirby:
I have the Crane system and part of it (along with most aftermarket ignitions) is two rev limiters. They are programmable, so I have the 1st one set at 4900 rpms for the launch (lets me build boost on the line) and the second one set at 7000 rpms, so I can keep the throttle wide open between shifts without hitting fuel/ignition cut and keeping some boost pressure between shifts as well.

96venger:
I am running 625cc injectors. They should deliver enough fuel to get me to 30psi. My fuel setup will probably stay the same: stock in-tank pump, HRC in-line pump, 95 fuel rail with 1:1 regulator built in, Accel DFI running it. I may switch to a Walbro or Supra pump to get rid of the noisy inline, and I'm looking at the Greddy e-manage as an option for the fuel control.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD

TeamJasonESi_TNov-20-02 05:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#2060, "RE: Getiing closer...."
In response to Reply # 0

Congrats Greg! Keep it up!

We're all rooting you on!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #2051 Previous topic | Next topic