Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #178
View in linear mode

Subject: "Supre Slow 2GNT...." Previous topic | Next topic
Eclipse550HPDec-31-01 03:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#178, "Supre Slow 2GNT...."

Hey guys.. I have a problem, my 99 Auto GS is soo fuckin slow I can't stand it anymore!! I don't know what the deal is but I got beat by a 100% stock RS auto last night and then a Saturn SC2 today. Im geting scared about this. There is what I have done to my car for power mods
RS akamoto intake
Apex-i cat back
Denso Plugs
Magnacore wires

Before

After

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., Mannyyy, Dec-31-01 07:24 PM, #1
RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., ModeratoreclipzGST, Jan-01-02 06:16 AM, #2
      RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., 1995GS, Jan-01-02 06:22 AM, #3
           RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., mitsuman, Jan-01-02 08:04 AM, #4
                RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., vegasdsmr, Jan-01-02 10:06 AM, #5
                     RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., 98EagleTalon, Jan-01-02 12:41 PM, #6
RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., randy, Jan-01-02 12:58 PM, #7
RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., Eclipse550HP, Jan-01-02 03:22 PM, #8
      RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., Ryan_RS, Jan-02-02 02:30 PM, #9
           RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., TeamMuRiX, Jan-04-02 02:46 AM, #10
                RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., 9D9 MITSU RS, Jan-04-02 11:48 AM, #11
                     RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., 55shot98, Jan-09-02 07:01 PM, #12
                          RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., Teameclipse804, Jan-20-02 10:15 PM, #13
                               RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., CluckeRMC, Jan-21-02 11:16 PM, #14
                                    RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., SaberKhan, Jan-23-02 10:44 AM, #15
                                         RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...., Ryan_RS, Jan-23-02 03:20 PM, #16

MannyyyDec-31-01 07:24 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#179, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 0

Two words... stickers

-Manny

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratoreclipzGSTJan-01-02 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#180, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 1

You have an intake and exaust and got smoked by a "STOCK" RS?
Try practicing your launches. You should have at least beaten the other eclipse.
Don't listen to Mannyyy, he'll have you putting TRD and GT-R stickers on doesn't mugen only make hon-duh parts?

-Tony 98'GST

http://eclipzgst.dyndns.org
AIM: turboclipz or YNOT420247

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

1995GSJan-01-02 06:22 AM
Member since Nov 27th 2001
190 posts,
#181, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 2

not cheap but...

www.hrchahnracecraft.com

then you should be able to take those mean saturns

mitsumanJan-01-02 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1992 posts,
#182, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 3

nos anybody?

"Proud to be, a 2gnt"

-mitsuman

Performance:
1. AEM cold air intake
1. NGK plugs

Ride:
1. motegi mr7 17'' wrapped
in yokohama A550v
235/45/17

Sound:
1. sony xplod cdxm620 deck
2. 2 10'' audiobahn subs
3. nice shiny audiobahn
amp

In room:
1. blitz front end(thnx 2
eclipse804)
2. H&R sport springs(thnx 2
eclipse804)

Fun mods:
1. "Nozzel mod"

Wanted:
1. to much ish to list... but a
boy can dream

coming very soon:
1. CF hood

-mitsuman 95 GS 5-spd w/97-99 front end
Repin The SoCal 2GNT'ers
mitsuman95@hotmail.com
AIM s/n : mitsuman95gs

vegasdsmrJan-01-02 10:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#183, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 4

you are heavier than the rs, dont know about the saturn.

next performance mod should be a udp or weight reduction

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

98EagleTalonJan-01-02 12:41 PM
Member since Dec 11th 2001
23 posts,
#184, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 5

yes mugen does make honda parts..y did u get an auto??

randyJan-01-02 12:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#185, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 0

RS are lighter than GS, plus 14s wheel.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

Eclipse550HPJan-01-02 03:22 PM
Old School 2GNTer
625 posts,
#186, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 7

I got am Auto because I didn't know shit about moding cars and crap.. The girl has GS rimz on her car, I don't have my impact beem in the front end on, I have no spare tire or jack. No system. only thing I had extra in my car my my GF and shs's only 106lbs But IM 275 so....

Before

After

Ryan_HesJan-02-02 02:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#187, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 8

Non-turbo eclipses are slow. Go turbo. I changed my schedule at work last week, and I am devoting 3 months of my life for turbo. 6 days a weeks, 5 hours a day.....gotta do what you gotta do.

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

TeamMuRiXJan-04-02 02:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#188, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 9

How large of an exhaust? Most mods are designed to give more power in the top end which is detrimental to performance in an auto. The RS weighs 100lbs less as well. I still think the best mod is a tranny swap. I now know 2 people who have done one and it only takes a weekend.

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

9D9 MITSU RSJan-04-02 11:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#189, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 10

RS is lighter. You need some type r decals. That adds back hp that is lost to the drivetrain. So, if u have 140 to the crank, u will have it to the wheels. that's how the honda guys reply when u ask what their HP is.

55shot98Jan-09-02 07:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#190, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 11

paint your car yellow. its the color of speed good for at least 50 ponies 100 if you add a pearl.

Teameclipse804Jan-20-02 10:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#191, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 12

Ya everyone explained it already. The extra weight of the GS, plus you and your girlfriend, is probably 400+ pounds more. That will slow you down quite a bit. Even with my gf that is about 100 lbs in the car, it slowed me down 0.2 seconds in the quarter mile. I would image you would be about 0.5 to 1 second slower than a RS if you had an extra 500 pounds of weight. Plus the akimoto intake an exhaust probably gave you around 10 hp at most. That would only make a 0.2 second increase in quarter mile time probably. Either go turbo, nos, or just go for "show" so you can look fast hehe.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

CluckeRMCJan-21-02 11:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
549 posts,
#192, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 13

Well, those mods arent going to do much for you, the mods you have, might give you 10 hp. They just did a dyno test of a 2gnt in import tuner with exhaust, intake, and header and went from a whopping 114hp (or something close to that) to like 117hp (or something close to that). We're talking like 3-5 hp with all that stuff. I wouldnt waist my money until theres a turbo under the hood. Then get the turbo with a turbo intake, new headers, and bigger exhaust, then you'll get the hp out of the exhaust mods, not to mention lots of hp from the turbo. A UDP would probably be worth it though. I would imagine that would help.

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
Evo Front Bumper (no pics yet)
Projector Headlights
Clear Corners
Stereo System
-Alpine Deck
-2 JL 10" Subs
-Phoenix Gold XS2300 Amp
-Custom Fit Box
Viper Alarm

SaberKhanJan-23-02 10:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#193, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 14

turbo intake, new headers? You do know than when you turbocharge an inline 4 cylinder, you replace the stock exhaust manifold with a turbo manifold, right? So...how could you put on a turbo, and a new header?

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Ryan_HesJan-23-02 03:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#194, "RE: Supre Slow 2GNT...."
In response to Reply # 15

Check....

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #178 Previous topic | Next topic