Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1415
View in linear mode

Subject: "launching" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMeclipseGSJul-01-02 04:35 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1415, "launching"

How do you auto guys launch your cars. I know how to torque brake but to what RPM. And are there any other tips to get a good launch.

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Ryan_HesJul-01-02 03:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1416, "RE: launching"
In response to Reply # 0

By switching to a 5-speed tranny.....sorry that probably doesnt help much...but I used to be auto..

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jsd98dsmJul-05-02 09:10 AM
Member since Jul 01st 2002
162 posts,
#1417, "RE: launching"
In response to Reply # 1

turn off od. put it in low gear. smash the brakes. let it rise to 2800 to 3000rpms then floor it and release the brake at the same time. your car might not be able to hold past 2000rpms or so, so you might have to get aftermarket brake pads.I did (only about 10 or 20 bucks more than stock)

98 esi A/t:
injen intake
n1 muffler
white gauges
17' adr sokodu's
coilovers 1.75' drop
obx front strut bar
3 stage metal headgasket
(should of rebuilt bottem when this was done but I'm stupid)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1415 Previous topic | Next topic