Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1354
View in linear mode

Subject: "humidity sux" Previous topic | Next topic
2bFasterJun-08-02 05:27 AM
Member since Jan 03rd 2002
170 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1354, "humidity sux"

man after I ran that 15.9, I changed my plugs, changed the fuel filter, flushed and filled the radiator, changed the tranny fluid, got some of that NOS octane booster and ran on 92 octane gas... I figured that I would be into the 15's again.... NOPE the fastest since then was last night 16.083 @ 86.7 mph..with a 2.271 60' light.. Its been really humid here the past couple of weeks... Im getting better launches (all in the 2.2 low 2.3 range..) But the humidity is killing my ET's... plus I tried a run with my buddies factory 14's (you know the sweet ones that need hub caps) and it didnt seem to cnamge anything... my biggest gain so far is from gutting the cat and the magnacors. I dropped off over half a second doing that...

www.geocities.com/twobfaster
*Iceman CAI
*Konig Mozart Muffler
*17" Team Loco 134 rims
*225/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ2 tires
*Aerospeed dual plane black spoiler
*Vis Racing Blitz F.E.
*Dodge Viper Yellow Paint
*Simpson 5 pt racing harness(for the auto-x

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorVX100Jun-09-02 03:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1355, "RE: humidity sux"
In response to Reply # 0

the weather makes a huge difference in how the car runs

on friday I was getting no traction, was able to get a best run of 15.60 with a 2.33 60' time (messing around with launch RPMs and launch technique allowed me to get at least one run where I didn't spin to redline in 1st gear). It was clear and cold but a weather front had just passed through so it was "humid" (it didn't feel humid but the humidity was relatively high) and the atmospheric pressure was probably still low. Now, this alone would cause 0.05 to 0.10 of a second difference.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaberKhanJun-09-02 09:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#1356, "RE: humidity sux"
In response to Reply # 1

I would love to get to run in some dry cold weather. Being in Southeast Texas, we're considered sub tropical. 120+ inches of rain a year. 90% humidity ALL the time.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Dave_FLJun-10-02 01:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#1357, "RE: humidity sux"
In response to Reply # 2

Florida is no picnic either .

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1354 Previous topic | Next topic