Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #130
View in linear mode

Subject: "Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaDec-13-01 07:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130, "Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"

Check em out this was all I could fit on my crappy FTP.. NE1 know a place I could store my movies? Imagestation doesn't seem to like my movies.

This movie is a couple clips of me (HadesOmega) Drift around the East Loop of Buttonwillow Racepark. The picture quality is pretty sorry and it's kinda boring but hey it's a different story in teh car ^_^
http://home.earthlink.net/~hadesomega0/DRIFT/BWhadesomega.wmv

This movie is me drifting around the skit pad. The skid pad really jacks up your car as opposed to running it on the track. I could have swore I saw pieces of tire flying all over the place hehe. You supposed to drift around in a circle but it's kinda difficult to do that in a FF so I just did some crazy shit check it out.
http://home.earthlink.net/~hadesomega0/DRIFT/HadesOmega_Skidpad.wmv

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Dec-13-01 08:09 PM, #1
RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, HadesOmega, Dec-13-01 08:58 PM, #2
      RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, fauchpj, Dec-14-01 12:30 AM, #3
           RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, FuSi0N, Dec-14-01 03:00 AM, #4
                RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, Mystic511, Dec-14-01 03:12 AM, #5
RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, namelesseclipse (Guest), Dec-14-01 06:19 AM, #6
RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, Kory, Dec-14-01 11:01 AM, #7
      RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, HadesOmega, Dec-14-01 12:23 PM, #8
      RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, Sabot, Dec-14-01 12:27 PM, #9
           RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, vegasdsmr, Dec-14-01 06:09 PM, #10
                RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, HadesOmega, Dec-14-01 06:43 PM, #11
                     RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, Kory, Dec-14-01 07:38 PM, #12
                     RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, run4cvr, Dec-15-01 02:40 AM, #13
                          RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, HadesOmega, Dec-16-01 04:35 PM, #14
RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, ModeratoreclipzGST, Dec-16-01 06:27 PM, #15
RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, HadesOmega, Dec-18-01 06:43 PM, #16
      RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, Amish_Eclipse, Dec-20-01 02:57 PM, #17
           RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, HadesOmega, Dec-20-01 04:23 PM, #18
                RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here, 9D9 MITSU RS, Dec-21-01 08:23 PM, #19

ModeratorEvuLFleADec-13-01 08:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#131, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 0

Hahaha how often do you buy tires?

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaDec-13-01 08:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#132, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 1

heh not often. I have a seperate set for racing. They're called my battle wheels. if you haven't seen em there on the link. GOt whetever wheels I could find to race with hehe, anything I could get my hands on. Got the TSI wheels for 60 bucks and the GSX wheels for 1.50 nope that's not a typo either hehe
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292220497

Anyway check at America's Tire for used tires often. Once in a while I find a great deal. I got w Dunlop W10s excellent tires for 100 bux that I roll with on the streets. I got 2 dunlop qualifier for 50 bucks which were practically brand new but they were 205/40/16 bleh horrible grip, but I give NO mercy to those tires Then I just have hella old tires that I wanna blow up, those'll be used for racing too hehe.

Then I have another set of tires for just cruisin and stuff. Heh one day I hope to be able to have a street set of good grippy tires and a good set of racing tires, but getting whatever you can get your hands on worx for now ^_^

Here's the link for my photo album for the event again also, at the end you can see the agony I put the tires through bwahahaah NO MERCY!! I seperated the qualifiers from the rim when I hit the dirt pretty hard, haha man I hate those tires.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292210503

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

fauchpjDec-14-01 12:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#133, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 2

damn, is your car a daily driver? looks like it takes some abuse with all of these videos you keep showing us

FuSi0NDec-14-01 03:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1762 posts,
#134, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 3

Just goes to show you how strong our engines are.

"Liberate Tutemea Ex Infernis"
More pics at www.cyn0sure.homestead.com

Mystic511Dec-14-01 03:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#135, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 4

hades is a bad influence on me... i was drifting around the other day for fun.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

namelesseclipse (Guest)Dec-14-01 06:19 AM

#136, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks like you had fun out there good shiet man.... I sure wish I could do some of that drifting.. but my damn Fork is broke...hahahaha when's the next event your gonna attend...I might have to come and watch or even join in

KoryDec-14-01 11:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#137, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 6

would be better if there was footage of me doing some real road racing *wink

96RS ~ full 99GS special body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, b&m sS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, Sparco Torino, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, sound system, a shit load more.

97 ~ GSX stock for cock for now but smokes 420a

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

HadesOmegaDec-14-01 12:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#138, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 7

so GSX can smoke a 420A? You mean 4G63 will smoke a 420A?

Yeah that car is my only driver making it my daily driver hehe. The skidpad really tore my car up though. It took more beating that it did on the actual race track haha. I made sure and did a lotta maintenance on it before I left for the track. Car took it pretty good cept for that tire that got dismounted hehe.

Heh well I think I got a good deal 50 dollars to race on a track with funner turns and drift O rama. So I'm not complaining about not getting to do any REAL RACING. I can do real racing at autox. Drifting is for fun hehe I used to rollerblade and grind rails and do all that crazy shiz so I guess drifting appeals to me more. Sometimes drifting is faster than gripping also, speed drifting is very fast too.

Who sez FF can't drift?

SabotDec-14-01 12:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
692 posts,
#139, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 7

Looks like alot of fun I might have to try it.

vegasdsmrDec-14-01 06:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#140, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 9

it was rainin to day in vegas, and i pull into autozone, and there is like 5 spots open in a row, so i yanked the ebrake goin 15ish and slid into a spot, "like a glove"

it was tight, thanks for the motivation

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

HadesOmegaDec-14-01 06:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#141, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 10

haha cool, remember ONLY in parking lots and wide open area. Haha I banged my car up too many times driftin in the street. it's not worth it to hit something hehe

Here's a little tutorial on how to drift our cars. You steer into a turn and pull the ebrake, but keep your foot on the gas. (since we are FF pulling the ebrake merely locks the back wheels so the engine loses no power) The back will slide out and your tires up front will start to burnout. Now counter steer to keep the car going in the direction you wanna go and make sure you give it enough gas because if you dont..... the car violently whips back and forth and you get whiplash, haha it's an awesome feeling like your in a washing machine hehe!

I'm not responsible if you spin out and jack your car up so don't go cryin to me when you don't take my advice and do it in open space hehe.

Who sez FF can't drift?

KoryDec-14-01 07:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2620 posts,
#142, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 11

hell yeah my gsx smokes 420a! it'll smoke my black car BAD!

96RS ~ full 99GS special body conversion, aem cai, greddy header, greddy sp exhaust, afx pulley, b&m sS, magecores & NGKs, S-AFC, Sparco Torino, illuminas, prokits, ingalls camber, gunmetal GS rims, ST Sways, STBs, lower rear tie bar, sound system, a shit load more.

97 ~ GSX stock for cock for now but smokes 420a

The Original 2GNT []D[][]Y[][]D

96 RS

97 GSX

run4cvrDec-15-01 02:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2477 posts,
#143, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 11

Where was this advice before i took out that curb? lol i love takin those turns like that.... i think i just got cocky, but i learned my lesson. Now if SATAN would just finish with my car...

John 96 GS

HadesOmegaDec-16-01 04:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#144, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 13

Yeah I did the same thing too check it out on 420 no less!:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292217077

Who sez FF can't drift?

ModeratoreclipzGSTDec-16-01 06:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#145, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 0

WOO HOO! Thats looks like FUNN! I've screwed around in parking lots before but that really sharp corner on the track looks like fun. Being an AT would work to my advantage too cause it must be kinda hard to shift and play with the e-brake at the same time.

-Tony 98'GST

http://eclipzgst.dyndns.org
AIM: YNOT420247

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

HadesOmegaDec-18-01 06:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#146, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 15

haha hell yeah that track was fun. It's like driving around the city in the curvy sections but there's nothing to hit hehe.

Heh yeah I have yet to drift another 2GNT or FF machine, auto especially. I wouldn't know if its easier to drift with an auto. After a lot of practice you can do it pretty easily, you just gotta make sure you got enough power in the gear your in and if the engine starts to die just downshift.

Haha the way the first drift issue of super street put it seemed too difficult. You just gas it and pull the ebrake, nothin else to it hehe.

Who sez FF can't drift?

Amish_EclipseDec-20-01 02:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#147, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 16

so how do your brakes feel about drifting?

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

HadesOmegaDec-20-01 04:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#148, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 17

Haha I think my ebrake is dying on me hehe. i want a more powerful ebrake arrrghh there must be some gripier brake shoes that lock faster. My other brakes seem to be doing fine I gotta resurface my rear rotors, got em like that.

Who sez FF can't drift?

9D9 MITSU RSDec-21-01 08:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#149, "RE: Speepdtrial Footage of HadesOmega@Buttonwillow here"
In response to Reply # 18

I have done e-brake burnouts b4 in parking lots. I go side to side, and one time, by accident I did a 720. haha. Tried to turn too far right and it went around twice really fast. It was fun as hell.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #130 Previous topic | Next topic