Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4086
View in linear mode

Subject: "What to do now?" Previous topic | Next topic
IowaRS_racerApr-17-04 05:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4086, "What to do now?"

Okay it had been awhile since I had been to the track. I was kinda dissappointed with my times. Since the last time I was at the track, I have done a few things which seemed like, (atleast on the street) increased throttle response, etc. I have changed mufflers, P&P intake, Jeep Bored TB,Kumho Tires, ground wires. Nothing major but I thought I could atleast run low 16 high 15's.... What do I do next?? Other than the obvious N20 or Turbo..... Is my stock header resricting any or all of my intake work..... Basically should I get a header.... Or is there something Im overlooking, It was hot here today 80-85*/ 75-80% RH/ Wind across track @ 15-20 mph..... I had a TON of wheelspin all day (tried dropping it @ 4,000 and between 2,000)
Best Run-
-RT .546
-60' 2.408 (Tire slip)
-330' 6.889
-1/8 10.575
-MPH 64.89
-1000' 13.781
-1/4 16.481
-MPH 80.97

"Well you shouldnt be wearing your favorite shirt on a fucking B&E, wear your second favorite shirt you dunce..."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What to do now?, 96eclipse2nr, Apr-17-04 07:06 PM, #1
RE: What to do now?, IowaRS_racer, Apr-18-04 05:29 AM, #2
RE: What to do now?, IowaRS_racer, Apr-18-04 02:07 PM, #3
      RE: What to do now?, nightwolf2369, Apr-19-04 07:56 PM, #4
           RE: What to do now?, IowaRS_racer, Apr-21-04 05:21 AM, #5
                RE: What to do now?, 420AYE, Jun-20-04 09:37 AM, #6
RE: What to do now?, TeamDR1665, Jun-23-04 02:07 PM, #7
      RE: What to do now?, Sorry_i_Win, Jun-24-04 03:34 AM, #8

96eclipse2nrApr-17-04 07:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4087, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 0

solid motor mounds, wider tires/rims, properly tuned safc (our cars run rich from the factory, by correctly tuning our fuel system we can actually gain a few ponies at the wheels), clutch restrictor mod, etc...there is still much to be done. have a look see what the big dogs of all motor are doing (i.e. DR, and others).

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IowaRS_racerApr-18-04 05:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#4088, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 1

Will the SAFC give good gains with stock fuel system though? I thought it was more for upgraded injectors, fuel pump, fuel rail etc...... Its on my to do list but I want to wait till I get to that point.Unless it will work with what I have now I might have to get one. I thought about getting some slicks for the front tires (on stock steel rims, the black ones that come with hubcaps from a Talon) and running those at the track. I also bought some bumpstops for the rear springs but they were too thick, I need to take them back for the smaller ones. I want to get a header and do some P&P on the head. My soon to be bro in law said he would by me a header for my wedding present.....

"Well you shouldnt be wearing your favorite shirt on a fucking B&E, wear your second favorite shirt you dunce..."

IowaRS_racerApr-18-04 02:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#4089, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 2

This was my actual fastest time slip..... I found it in my pocket.
-RT .553
-60' 2.384
-330' 6.850
-1/8 10.537
-MPH 65.93
-1000' 13.740
-1/4 16.425
-MPH 83.82

nightwolf2369Apr-19-04 07:56 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2003
951 posts,
#4090, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 3

on ur sig, it says ur best time is a 15.9? am i correct? anyways, get a header, and ditch the gutted car for a testpipe. also what about a real cat-back system. redoing ur whole exhaust should add some. and don't forget the udp.

I no longer have my 99 rs because i totaled it!!!

IowaRS_racerApr-21-04 05:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
92 posts,
#4093, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 4

wind aided at night about 50 degrees wind down track at 15-25 mph

420AYEJun-20-04 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#4246, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 5

so. the hot air "hindered". what is normal?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

TeamDR1665Jun-23-04 02:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#4258, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
see what the big dogs of all motor are doing (i.e. DR, and others).

Orlly? Thank you sir!

The cheapest thing you can do to improve your time is weight reduction (at least up to a point). Pulling your passenger seat and everything behind the front seats (including the wing) will net you around 100lbs of weight. All other things being equal, you should drop a tenth just from that.

Practice your launches too. Start letting the clutch out when the next to last light goes. By the time you get the clutch engaged and moving, you'll be good to go. Or at least that's what I've heard. I'm a bitch ass street racer and just go from the green against anyone that looks at me sideways.

Sorry_i_WinJun-24-04 03:34 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#4262, "RE: What to do now?"
In response to Reply # 7
Jun-24-04 03:36 AM by Sorry_i_Win

good reaction times... at least that seems to be consistent. your trap speeds seem kinda low for your times. I ran a 16.4, but @ almost 83mph. Although, I guess that's probably do to my R/T being worse (.68ish).

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4086 Previous topic | Next topic