Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1303
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stratus EST-x?" Previous topic | Next topic
fatchanceMay-28-02 11:14 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
761 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1303, "Stratus EST-x?"

one of my fraternity brothers allegedly got this car a status EST-x

Anyone heard of it? I'm told he wants to race me, and I just want to know what I'm up against.

TIA

Phil

1995 RS
new engine, I think I'm just going to leave it stock now.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stratus EST-x?, vegasdsmr, May-28-02 07:49 PM, #1
RE: Stratus EST-x?, babybeclipse, May-29-02 08:13 AM, #2
      RE: Stratus EST-x?, fatchance, May-29-02 11:16 AM, #3
           RE: Stratus EST-x?, fatchance, Jun-03-02 03:13 PM, #4
                RE: Stratus EST-x?, 98VengeI4, Jun-03-02 03:36 PM, #5
                     RE: Stratus EST-x?, fatchance, Jun-04-02 01:53 AM, #6
                          RE: Stratus EST-x?, babybeclipse, Jun-04-02 07:40 AM, #7
                          RE: Stratus EST-x?, Kiku, Jun-09-02 04:39 AM, #8
                          RE: Stratus EST-x?, 98VengeI4, Jun-10-02 03:41 AM, #9
                               RE: Stratus EST-x?, fatchance, Jun-10-02 04:46 AM, #10
                                    RE: Stratus EST-x?, fatchance, Jul-01-02 02:32 PM, #11

vegasdsmrMay-28-02 07:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1304, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 0

thats the new line i guess, i seen a commercial today w/all black chrysler/dodge rides, and they were all stx or sum shit...

i dunno, prolly like vtec rice crap, lol... same mitsu and chrysler engines, just a lil tunin goin on, imo....

i dunno fer sure tho..

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

babybeclipseMay-29-02 08:13 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1305, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 1

Stratus EST-X? It's prabably the same thing as a Avenger R/T.

Mitsu V6!

If it's available in stick I wouldn't race him.

Auto, You could try him. I wouldn't bet too much on it.

fatchanceMay-29-02 11:16 AM
761 posts,
#1306, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 2

Got a little more info(the joy of frat brothers is that we have no real secrets) He told one of the other bros that he's got 170 HP and he's got one of them manumatic "auto sticks" that dodge made. It's a 96.

I'm guessing it's an ES with some weird lettering b/c of the unusual trans, but I could be wrong. If he is only pulling 170 and I get some mods in this car(say an intake, exhaust and a UDP) I think I can take him

1995 RS

fatchanceJun-03-02 03:13 PM
761 posts,
#1307, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 3

it's just an ES-T he claims 170 HP but that it's a turbo. so a 170 HP car that's relying on a turbo for some of those ponies and is about 3000lbs I should be able to get as long as I launch well, right?
BTW we race the weekend after 4th of July, so if anyone could find out anything about this car by then it would be apperciated

Thanx much all

Phil

1995 RS

98VengeI4Jun-03-02 03:36 PM
Member since Mar 10th 2002
282 posts,
#1308, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 4

Stratus never came with a turbo from the factory(that I know of anyways). The Avenger never had an R/T model, that was only the name of the concept one dodge developed in 94. The top avenger model is the ES which came with the v6 except for the first year or two as standard equipment i think. The v6 is a mitsu engine, its 2.5L non-turbo and only available with an auto. The 4 cyl itself is the same as the 95-99 eclipse/talon non-turbo(420a) which is built by chrysler and you can get the 5spd with it. And the new stratus is an SXT its the mid-level model, the r/t is still better. Just wanted to clear that up some.

-Nate

-Nate

-All-Motor Buildup on the way
-VIS Invader hood, R34 front, Halo Proejctors, M3 LED Mirrors, Projector Fogs, Blue Heater Hoses

fatchanceJun-04-02 01:53 AM
761 posts,
#1309, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 5

So he's prolly running the V6 then

What about the Avenger R/T what are the specs on it?
Thanx

Phil

1995 RS

babybeclipseJun-04-02 07:40 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1310, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 6

Here you go. It could come with a 147HP I-4 cylinder or 200HP V6.

http://www.dodge.com/stratus_coupe/power/engines.html

KikuJun-09-02 04:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
642 posts,
#1311, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 7

The mexican editions do come with a turbo 2.4L engine.
1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

1997 Chrysler Sebring "Silver XTC"
I4 420a w/ HRC Stage 2.45 w/ FMIC
14.7@97 mph@6psi
Proud member of the
ASOG BoOsT JuNkIe Crew

98VengeI4Jun-10-02 03:41 AM
Member since Mar 10th 2002
282 posts,
#1312, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 6

>So he's prolly running the V6 then
>
>What about the Avenger R/T what are the specs on it?
>Thanx
>
>Phil

The only Avenger R/T is the concept car itself, which had a 200HP version of the V6. Too bad the production Avenger didn't have that kind of power, and it took them until 2001 to get that much power. Even though they still wouldn't be considered sports cars, I think with 200HP a lot more people would have bought them (especially if you could get the 5 spd with the v6).

And Kiku, sorry, I should've said never in the US.

-Nate

-Nate

-All-Motor Buildup on the way
-VIS Invader hood, R34 front, Halo Proejctors, M3 LED Mirrors, Projector Fogs, Blue Heater Hoses

fatchanceJun-10-02 04:46 AM
761 posts,
#1313, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 9

Guess I'll just have to race him and see eh?

1995 RS

fatchanceJul-01-02 02:32 PM
761 posts,
#1314, "RE: Stratus EST-x?"
In response to Reply # 10

So I finally saw my bro's car. First of all it's purple. light purple. And second, there's no turbo, it's a 170 HP V6. not frightening at all.

Phil

1995 RS

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1303 Previous topic | Next topic