Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4557
View in linear mode

Subject: "stock GSX time?" Previous topic | Next topic
98eclipseGSXDec-29-04 12:29 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2004
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4557, "stock GSX time?"

Hey I recently bought a stock 98 Eclipse GSX w/ auto tranny. I was wondering if anyone knew what a quarter mile time on this would be? Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: stock GSX time?, Ark, Dec-29-04 12:40 PM, #1
RE: stock GSX time?, 98eclipseGSX, Dec-30-04 09:58 AM, #2
      RE: stock GSX time?, Ark, Dec-30-04 03:49 PM, #3
           RE: stock GSX time?, 98eclipseGSX, Dec-30-04 04:00 PM, #4
                RE: stock GSX time?, Ark, Dec-30-04 04:48 PM, #5
                RE: stock GSX time?, Ark, Dec-30-04 04:50 PM, #6
                     RE: stock GSX time?, PowerEclipses, Jan-06-05 05:51 AM, #7
                          RE: stock GSX time?, Talontaxi, Jan-08-05 03:10 PM, #8
                               RE: stock GSX time?, senseiturtle, Jan-08-05 05:35 PM, #9

ArkDec-29-04 12:40 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4558, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 0

I would imagine low 15's.

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

98eclipseGSXDec-30-04 09:58 AM
18 posts,
#4559, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 1

Has anyone hit 14's with a stock A/T GSX?

ArkDec-30-04 03:49 PM
1570 posts,
#4560, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by 98eclipseGSX
Has anyone hit 14's with a stock A/T GSX?

Anything is possible.

- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

98eclipseGSXDec-30-04 04:00 PM
18 posts,
#4561, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 3
Dec-30-04 04:01 PM by 98eclipseGSX

I guess so, I will just have to go and find out on my own.

ArkDec-30-04 04:48 PM
1570 posts,
#4562, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 4

Stage deep, torque break to what the stock converter will let you to and hammer down on 3rd yellow. Good luck.

- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

ArkDec-30-04 04:50 PM
1570 posts,
#4563, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 4

Stage deep, torque break to what the stock converter will let you to and hammer down on 3rd yellow. Good luck.

- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

PowerEclipsesJan-06-05 05:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#4582, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 6

the GST and GSX's ran the same times at 15.1 I dont know if that is manual or atx though

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

TalontaxiJan-08-05 03:10 PM
Member since Jul 14th 2004
201 posts,
#4583, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 7

www.car-stats.com

senseiturtleJan-08-05 05:35 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
281 posts,
#4584, "RE: stock GSX time?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by Talontaxi
www.car-stats.com

I don't find this to be very reliable, my own vehicle being a specific example

Car & Driver only tested the automatic VR6 Jetta Wagon, which weighs 150 lbs more and has a notoriously bad auto tranny...They ran 16.0 @ 87ish, and have blanketed all "jetta VR6s" as that time.

With my stock 5-speed VR, I ran a best of 15.6 @ 89.xx.. and I'm not a pro driver. 2.34 60', 9.91 1/8 @ 70.xx

15.23 @ 91.80

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4557 Previous topic | Next topic