Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9931
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRNov-04-04 12:37 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9931, "Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"

I have tried to so hard to do this Infinity setup but its bullshit, totally pointless the mroe and more work I put into it the more money I waste and the more I say this is not worth it just buy another aftermarket headunit and call it a day. I'm really fed up with this bullshit. I goto satin to get the cable that goes from the stock amp to the headunit and they want $131! I strait up said fuck it and left. So I get my amp today also, and I'm looking at it and I see that it has high level inputs. Now I'm confused could I splice this into the stock harness and would it power that way to the headunit?Or does that just read audio signal if they audio is already going thru the speakers. I had this adapter that turned the other DIN cabled into an RCA lead from the headunit to the amp. But its just fucked because I can't find this cable for any less than $131, and I need it because the cable I bought is the same gender as the back of the headunit so it wont plug in.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
a_miller_76Nov-05-04 02:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9935, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 0

You're seriously wasting your time dude. Just get a real radio and speakers and say fuck it. That infiniti system is a piece of shit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EclipseTenzoRNov-06-04 06:01 PM
2386 posts,
#9945, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 1
Nov-06-04 06:01 PM by EclipseTenzoR

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

420a-TnthewerksNov-06-04 07:33 PM
Member since Jun 11th 2004
2267 posts,
#9946, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 2

so, you could get it to work if you had the cable? how exactly are you setting this up? like which wires are coming off of which wires and so on?

how many watts is the stock amp?

a_miller_76Nov-06-04 10:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#9950, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 3

BTW My 99 RS has that cable installed going down to the amp. If you want it (and it's easily removeable) I'll sell it to you. But I still say you're wasting your time.

BumpinTalonNov-07-04 05:16 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#9962, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by a_miller_76
BTW My 99 RS has that cable installed going down to the amp. If you want it (and it's easily removeable) I'll sell it to you. But I still say you're wasting your time.

x2. Even aftermarket speakers on deck power would probably sound better then the stock infinity stuff.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

EclipseTenzoRNov-08-04 04:10 AM
2386 posts,
#9969, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 5
Nov-08-04 04:20 AM by EclipseTenzoR

My goal is to use the stock headunit just as a controller. I have an aftermarket amp pushing 100 watts to each channel. I am going to buy Infinity Component speakers and replace all the speakers in the car. Please sell me that cable I'll give you like $10 shipped for it

And the way the stock system works is as follows

On the back of the Infinity Headunit there are 2 main connections.

Black Chord Sends Audio Information To Amp Like An RCA Does. Amp pushs power and send back thru secondary harness that leads back to factory harness behind headunit the one we are all firmilar with. This is the white cable we see under our passenger seat.

This in theory is how I believe it works. I'm doing this because I think it would be awesome to keep the stock look and have major power. I don't know its crazy to everyone and even myself, but I had my fun with the aftermarket headunit so now I'll let it go. And try and crack this mystery and contribute some information to the forums for others who think along the line I am now

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

a_miller_76Nov-09-04 02:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#9979, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 6

Dude, stop wasting your money. Seriously. You make it sound like you're trying to convert to a stock infiniti system but in reality you're not. If you're adding an aftermarket amp to a stock radio all you need is line converter which wires into the output of your stock head unit and sends RCA signals to your amp. But, there's a big problem with that THE QUALITY SUCKS EVEN MORE!

Just suck it up and get a real radio man.

EclipseTenzoRNov-09-04 04:00 AM
2386 posts,
#9980, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 7

I have a real radio. lol.. I just wanted to make a project out of this. O'well guess I'll just go out and buy an Alpine and sell my Pioneer.

P.S Line out converter will not work with this stock headunit. It is not self amplified and the only way it sends audio signals out is thru that Din Cable which I don't have.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

a_miller_76Nov-09-04 04:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#9981, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
I have a real radio. lol.. I just wanted to make a project out of this. O'well guess I'll just go out and buy an Alpine and sell my Pioneer. P.S Line out converter will not work with this stock headunit. It is not self amplified and the only way it sends audio signals out is thru that Din Cable which I don't have.

Actually you're right and I forgot about that. The stock head unit with the infinity system sent such a low level signal that you had to post amplifier signal convert. Yet another reason it would just fucking suck. So don't do it dude.

BumpinTalonNov-09-04 01:22 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
#9987, "RE: Last Attempt Before I Say Screw It"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by a_miller_76
Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR I have a real radio. lol.. I just wanted to make a project out of this. O'well guess I'll just go out and buy an Alpine and sell my Pioneer. P.S Line out converter will not work with this stock headunit. It is not self amplified and the only way it sends audio signals out is thru that Din Cable which I don't have.
Actually you're right and I forgot about that. The stock head unit with the infinity system sent such a low level signal that you had to post amplifier signal convert. Yet another reason it would just fucking suck. So don't do it dude.

you couuuld make your own RCAs... cut up the wiring harness, buy some RCA ends, figure out which ones are paired, and do it that way, and then run those to an aftermarket amp that'll pick up on a really faint signal. the noise floor would be so low at that point i seriously doubt the setup would sound even half good.

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9931 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic