Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9482
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stealth Box for Subwoofer" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamAvengerJul-16-04 05:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9482, "Stealth Box for Subwoofer"

Anyone know where to get a single stealth subwoofer enclosure for an eclipse? I know JL Audio used to make one but I can't find it anywhere. It would need to be for a single 10" sub and doesn't need to use the spare tire well.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer, a_miller_76, Jul-16-04 06:36 AM, #1
RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer, TeamAvenger, Jul-16-04 07:56 AM, #2
      RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer, 420AYE, Jul-22-04 09:14 PM, #3
           RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer, MCubed45, Jul-23-04 12:41 AM, #4
                RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer, 420AYE, Jul-23-04 02:41 PM, #5
                     RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer, MCubed45, Jul-23-04 08:03 PM, #6
                          RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer, tim97rs, Jul-25-04 07:40 PM, #7

a_miller_76Jul-16-04 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9483, "RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer"
In response to Reply # 0

Dude, the JL Audio one is like $800 or some stupid large amount of money.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamAvengerJul-16-04 07:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#9484, "RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer"
In response to Reply # 1

The JL one comes with a sub (and was $500 for the sub and enclosure). I just want the enclosure. One that tucks nicely into the side of the hatch area.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

420AYEJul-22-04 09:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#9502, "RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer"
In response to Reply # 2

pics imo... pay someone 200 to do a good glass job on here.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

MCubed45Jul-23-04 12:41 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#9503, "RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-23-04 12:44 AM by MCubed45

pretty sure JL audio was the only ones that made one... i guess they're discontinuing it though? kinda sucks... it's not on their 2004 site. hopefully any JL dealer can still get it for you though. it runs $500 including the sub. you could just sell the sub if you don't want it. it's a pretty decent sub and it's matched to the enclosure...

*edit*
strangely the pics on their site are still active...

-marc

420AYEJul-23-04 02:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#9504, "RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer"
In response to Reply # 4

sweetness. someone make one for me.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

MCubed45Jul-23-04 08:03 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#9505, "RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer"
In response to Reply # 5

i think i'm gonna call my local dealer and find out how much longer they'll still be able to get them.. i'm not really ready to do my audio stuff but i doubt any newer better solutions than the JL stealthbox will be introduced any time soon.

-marc

tim97rsJul-25-04 07:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#9506, "RE: Stealth Box for Subwoofer"
In response to Reply # 6

i have one and its great. look on ebay, thats where i found mine.

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9482 Previous topic | Next topic