Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9271
View in linear mode

Subject: "Positive door pin wire" Previous topic | Next topic
ashah000Jun-12-04 05:58 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2003
83 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9271, "Positive door pin wire"

Where is the wire for the positive door pin. I already hooked the negative one up. But I cant find a wireing diagram with the postive door pin wire on it.

Thanks

www.cardomain.com/id/ashah000

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Positive door pin wire, SPL_Eclipse, Jun-12-04 06:14 PM, #1
RE: Positive door pin wire, ashah000, Jun-13-04 02:51 AM, #2
      RE: Positive door pin wire, mkerley, Jun-13-04 04:58 AM, #3
           RE: Positive door pin wire, 1997eclipse, Aug-06-04 09:30 PM, #4
                RE: Positive door pin wire, djtrickee, Aug-07-04 06:57 AM, #5
                     RE: Positive door pin wire, MCubed45, Aug-07-04 11:07 AM, #6

SPL_EclipseJun-12-04 06:14 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9272, "RE: Positive door pin wire"
In response to Reply # 0

what are you trying to do? unless you are trying to control these wires for some reason, you only need on as a trigger for a relay or alarm or whatever else you are doing.

i cant remember exactly, but i *think* you can pull off the rear side panel (on either side) to get access to these wires. based on 2 yearold memories, i also *think* one of them is green with a dtripe on it.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ashah000Jun-13-04 02:51 AM
Member since Dec 03rd 2003
83 posts,
#9273, "RE: Positive door pin wire"
In response to Reply # 1

I am trying to install my alarm. The connector for the alarm has two different spots one for "Negative door pin input" one for "Positive door pin input"

www.cardomain.com/id/ashah000

mkerleyJun-13-04 04:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
#9274, "RE: Positive door pin wire"
In response to Reply # 2

That should be there for flexibility (some cars have + trigger and some have - trigger therefore they need the capability to do either or the alarm won't work in some cars). So, unless it specifically states you have to hook both up, you should be alright w/ just the - trig wire connected.

Originally posted by ashah000
I am trying to install my alarm. The connector for the alarm has two different spots one for "Negative door pin input" one for "Positive door pin input"

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

1997eclipseAug-06-04 09:30 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2004
7 posts,
#9548, "RE: Positive door pin wire"
In response to Reply # 3
Aug-06-04 09:30 PM by 1997eclipse

YOU NEED TO FIRST DETERMINE WHICH ONE YOUR CAR HAS. THEN USE THAT ONE. OUR CARS ARE NEGATIVE ON THE DOOR PIN; THEREFORE, CONNECT THE ONE LABELED AS NEGATIVE TO THE DOOR PIN OR DOME LIGHT. IGNORE THE POSITIVE ONE.
WHERE DID YOU RUN THE PARKING LIGHTS OUTPUT TO?

djtrickeeAug-07-04 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#9553, "RE: Positive door pin wire"
In response to Reply # 4

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

MCubed45Aug-07-04 11:07 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#9554, "RE: Positive door pin wire"
In response to Reply # 5

ya what they said ^^^. our cars are negative pin sensors. more specifically the wire conected to the door pin shows ground when the door is open and nothing when the door is closed. on some alarms you also hafta set a jumper or program something for the type of sensor you have (negative or positive).

-marc

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9271 Previous topic | Next topic