Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9194
View in linear mode

Subject: "** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST" Previous topic | Next topic
tomatotJun-02-04 07:54 AM
Member since Sep 24th 2003
198 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9194, "** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"

Hi all,

Do you guys have any ideas about mounting a Valentine 1 radar detector? Any Cool ideas? Could you post a pic if you have one! thanks a lot !

I have an idea in mind but not sure if it works...

I am planning to have no line passing from the cigarette lighter..... it is kind of blocking my view..... and doesn't look good.....

From the control panel of the Sunroof control button.... there is a box behind it....
do you guys think that there may be a 12V line passing from there?

Comes up with any COOOOOL idea? let me know it! share with us!
thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, EclipseTenzoR, Jun-02-04 01:12 PM, #1
RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, tomatot, Jun-02-04 03:51 PM, #2
      RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, injendsm, Jun-02-04 04:14 PM, #3
           RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, tomatot, Jun-02-04 04:45 PM, #4
                RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, 96eclipse2nr, Jun-02-04 06:27 PM, #5
                     RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, tomatot, Jun-02-04 06:36 PM, #6
RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, tomatot, Jun-02-04 08:56 PM, #7
RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, jsupetran, Jun-03-04 07:03 AM, #8
      RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, TeamDR1665, Jun-03-04 07:20 AM, #9
           RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, SPL_Eclipse, Jun-03-04 07:26 AM, #10
           RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, tomatot, Jun-03-04 03:08 PM, #11
                RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, Vandy420a, Jun-10-04 02:45 PM, #12
                     RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST, tomatot, Jun-10-04 02:52 PM, #13

EclipseTenzoRJun-02-04 01:12 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9197, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 0

You could mount it rite on the dash by the A pillar on the driver's side, and hard wire it to the cigerett lighter and lead the wire thru the dash and up rite by the A Pillar. You want to make sure its still visible because if it is'nt I dont believe you will pick up as good on po po.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tomatotJun-02-04 03:51 PM
198 posts,
#9199, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 1

yo, I got a question here....
What is a "A pillar" ?

as I heard that it is always better to mount high........

I my father's 3-series..... I mount it high.... like a wireless radar..... I pass the line from the sunroof unit....

don't know if there is any 12V from there for out Eclipse

thanks a lot man!

injendsmJun-02-04 04:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#9200, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 2
Jun-02-04 04:15 PM by injendsm

its a cobra but here is how my radar detector is mounted...

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

tomatotJun-02-04 04:45 PM
198 posts,
#9201, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 3

GOod! thanks for pic

96eclipse2nrJun-02-04 06:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#9203, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 4

i use a uniden..and i keep it mounted pretty low in the middle of the dash. the middle of the box rests on that little hump near the windshield. it sorta hides out behind the wipers. mine goes off every time it needs to, and from distances of 1+ miles so thats good enough for me...plus cops cant easily see it from the front (around here they will pull you over for minor speeding cases just becaues you have one). as far as wiring goes, i got one of those female power outlets and wired it to an ACC wire, stuck it up underneath my dash and just plug in my power cord. makes it easier to transferr out of the car...plus you dont hack up your power cord by cutting off the male plug. as far as running the wires, i have it go up the side of the dash, and its tucked in the back towards the base of the windshield. its not visible at all...very clean install.

as far as custom ideas go, i saw a guy who make an addition to the little hump over our gauge cluster. i dunno what he made it out of but it stuck up about 3 or so inches...followed the rounded contours of the dash. anyways, he had a blinky a/f gauge, radar detector, and something else in it..was very stealthy and extremely clean

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

tomatotJun-02-04 06:36 PM
198 posts,
#9204, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 5

sounds good!
do you have any pic to share?

tomatotJun-02-04 08:56 PM
198 posts,
#9205, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 0

Check this out!

jsupetranJun-03-04 07:03 AM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#9206, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 7

Well I have mine hardwired to the cig so no wire, and I placed it next to the driver's side a-pillar. Have placed it there for years; I prefer that cause if I do get stopped, the cop won't see it, and when I parked, others won't see it.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

TeamDR1665Jun-03-04 07:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#9207, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 8

Unfortunately, mine was stolen back in January by some no good assclown, but I've got plans to remote intsall it when I get it. No pictures yet, but you'll understand.
*8Pull the case and remove the display (the screen).
*Hardmount the detector up behind the mirror.
*Hardwire the detector by running lines under the headliner>a-pillar>dash>cigarette lighter (so the unit will turn off with the car).
*run a patch wire (multi-strand, shielded) from PCB inside detector to display mounted in gauge cluster.

While the main unit is visible, there's no display on it, so if some asshat tries to steal it, it won't work. Then he's just as fucked as I am.

SPL_EclipseJun-03-04 07:26 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#9208, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 9

^^THERE ya go! alot of the valentine1 owners like to hide it and re-plant the display somewhere else. google a bit and im sure youll find some info on how to do this. BTW, good choice, theres not a better radar detector on the market.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

tomatotJun-03-04 03:08 PM
198 posts,
#9212, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah! sounds very good!!!!!

what kind of sticker/clip/tape/ any material do you use to mount the RJ-11 cable of V1 radar inside the car?

Vandy420aJun-10-04 02:45 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#9262, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 11

nothing just tuck it behind stuff...using tape will just make a mess, and most tapes come un-stuck n the summer sun

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

tomatotJun-10-04 02:52 PM
198 posts,
#9263, "RE: ** Radar Detector Mounting in 97 ECLIPSE GST"
In response to Reply # 12

that's true.... but, when it is going down the A-pillar..... there is no place to hide !
I took a very good pic..... wanna post it....
let me find a place to store the file online first!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9194 Previous topic | Next topic