Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9089
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
CrashedMaxMay-18-04 08:53 AM
Member since Jan 22nd 2003
239 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9089, "Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"

Okay I'm driving to work today and everything is working fine. I take out my HU and go to work, then get off for lunch, put the HU back in and nothing. The HU or the amp are not coming on. I checked the remote wire and it's still connected and I checked the fuse for the power wire to the amp and it's fine. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Question: If the HU is bad the amp should still turn on when the car turns on right? Is the remote wire to the amp turned on when the car is turned on or when the HU is turned on? I figure the amp would come on with the car since the HU and amp are spliced into the same remote wire.

1999 Black w/black leather GS 10th Anniversary OZ edition
5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
a_miller_76May-18-04 09:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9090, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by CrashedMax
Okay I'm driving to work today and everything is working fine. I take out my HU and go to work, then get off for lunch, put the HU back in and nothing. The HU or the amp are not coming on. I checked the remote wire and it's still connected and I checked the fuse for the power wire to the amp and it's fine. Anyone know what could be wrong? Question: If the HU is bad the amp should still turn on when the car turns on right? Is the remote wire to the amp turned on when the car is turned on or when the HU is turned on? I figure the amp would come on with the car since the HU and amp are spliced into the same remote wire.

Wait, your amp remote is hooked up to the acc wire of your car? Not smart dude, not smart at all. Your amp is supposed to be ran off the remote wire that comes off your head unit. (blue in case you didn't know)

And what do you mean you "took out your headunit". Are you running one of those old pull outs? Or did you just mean you took off the faceplate

I would say you've blown the fuse in your fusebox either under the hood or under your dr side dash that goes to the radio. Check your fuses other than the one that goes to the amp in the power wire.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

CrashedMaxMay-18-04 10:34 AM
239 posts,
#9091, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 1

Well I'm up and running again. I hit the reset button on my deck and it's fine.

I meant the faceplate, sorry.

As for the remote wire all I know is I just took out a Pioneer deck that the previous owner installed, and put in my clarion, he also had all the amp wires already run. When I did this the wiring harness for the Pioneer did not match up to the clarion so I cut the wires I needed them to and connected them to the Clarions harness. For the remote wire, I took the blue remote wire from the Pioneer harness (which had the amp already spliced into it) and connected it to the remote wire on the Clarion's harness. There was also a seperate remote wire to amp from the Clarion harness but I didn't bother with it since this setup was working before.

So should I go connect this to the amp remote, it won't take long. What is the difference?

5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

SPL_EclipseMay-18-04 02:13 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#9096, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 2

^^no, youre fine the way it is. good to hear it was somthing simple.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

a_miller_76May-18-04 02:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#9097, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
^^no, youre fine the way it is. good to hear it was somthing simple.

OMG I'm gonna dissagree with Josh....this is a fuckin first. LOL

You should never split your acc wire for remote to the amp. I've had too many beers to get technical, but you're causing a resistance/voltage change drastic enough that you'll blow some fuses. I know it's not hta big of a deal, but it's annoying. You should always run your remote off the blue wire. Not blue with white though, that is for power antenna

mastrcobbMay-18-04 03:56 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2004
39 posts,
#9098, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 4

Unless I am totally confused, it is the blue with white, not the blue...blue is power antenna. Please correct me if i'm wrong

SPL_EclipseMay-18-04 05:01 PM
5921 posts,
#9100, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 5

oh, i though he had connected everything correctly. so he connected it to the acc? the way im reading it he connected it to the remote turn-on instead of the antenna.

and aaron is right, blue w/ a white stripe is the antenna. solid light blue is remote.

CrashedMaxMay-19-04 02:29 AM
239 posts,
#9104, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 6

Okay I may be confused here, but I hooked this up through a wiring harness that was connected to the Pioneer deck that was installed when I got the car. On the wiring harness it has everything labled, including color coded. The remote wire on the harness is blue and alreaedy had the amp run to it. I'll look at it sometime today and will probably just swtich the amp ermote wire to the remote wire coming off the AutoPC harness that specifies "amp remote". It's not that hard to get to considering it's all connected to the processing unit, not the back of the deck.

5 speed
Modz:
HRC Stage 2+ 16G turbo
Viper 650.2 components
Image Dynamics IDQ12 sub
Avionixx 600.4 amp

mastrcobbMay-19-04 07:38 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2004
39 posts,
#9119, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 7
May-19-04 07:41 PM by mastrcobb

Looks like I'm not the only one that is confused. I'm so tired of people saying I'm MECP certified blah blah blah anyone can pass that test if they do it enough times. I'm not bad mouthing the test or anyone in general, I'm just saying it is getting out of hand.

http://www.the12volt.com/request/request2.asp

In case you don't feel like clicking the link, it's the typical wiring color code chart for a typical head unit.

a_miller_76May-20-04 01:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#9120, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by mastrcobb
Looks like I'm not the only one that is confused. I'm so tired of people saying I'm MECP certified blah blah blah anyone can pass that test if they do it enough times. I'm not bad mouthing the test or anyone in general, I'm just saying it is getting out of hand. http://www.the12volt.com/request/request2.asp In case you don't feel like clicking the link, it's the typical wiring color code chart for a typical head unit.

Well considering no one in here mentioned that then I'm guessing you're slamming me off the other thread I said it in. And you're right, it was blue/white...sorry, I haven't touched this shit in 2 years so I forget things sometimes. Like I know purple and green are back speakers, but I can't remember which side is which.

But Josh and I have both ran IASCA competitions and WON in several divisions. So don't walk in here like your shit don't stink. The only reason I mentioned MECP certification was that other guy wouldn't fuckin listen to me about making free air subs in an eclipse . You're right, anyone can pass it, but you're on a board with 2 audio guys in this section that know their shit so don't blow us off as morons that run our mouths about bullshit, noob.

SPL_EclipseMay-20-04 03:08 AM
5921 posts,
#9121, "RE: Help! HU and Amp are not turning on!"
In response to Reply # 9

do you ever sleep aaron>?!?!!?!?!? seriously, i have no idea how you do it, lol!

so the remote wire is blue w/ a stripe? well ill be goddamned, i was thinking that was the antenna just like you. guess we are both embarrased now!

oh, and for this:

"But Josh and I have both ran IASCA competitions and WON in several divisions"

ive never won shit, lol. been to a few local shows back home but they werent certified by anyone, just local comps. just wanted to clear that up, i think i may have misstated myself at some point in the past.

BUT....i understand why aaron is upset. hes the kind of guy that likes to give answers ONCE instead of dragging a thread out for no reason. thats happened a bit lately, so i think he automatically gives his qualifications now as a means to avoid repetative questions. not sure if its working or not, lol. think about it like this: someone asks the correct overbore size on a particular set of pistons and dino responded w/ the specs. then the guy comes back and says "well my friend said...", so dino repeats the same info but w/ more detail. then the guy comes back and says "well what if i did it this way instead?". do you think dino would sit there and just be pushed around like that? HELL no.

so anyway, aaron isnt being an ass, hes just trying to avoid dumb situations by being overly agressive in recent posts. no biggie, if you dont like it just click "back".

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9089 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic