Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9063
View in linear mode

Subject: "mounting lcd screen" Previous topic | Next topic
ajcfalconMay-15-04 08:57 AM
Member since Nov 22nd 2003
1104 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9063, "mounting lcd screen"

i searched and i didnt find anything on this, all i found was mounting ideas...

what i would like to do is mount it in the passenger side airbag slot, im going to get a 7" so it should fit pretty good. is there a write up on how to remove the airbag safely or even how to do this at all? i havent even looked at it yet cuz i havnt bought the screen yet, but i want to know what im getting myself into...

thanks guys

1998 GS
Mods: Cold air intake, Ported/polished stock intake manifold, AFX 55mm TB, Pacesetter header,
Custom Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system, AFX Underdrive pulley,
B&M short throw shifter(cut/welded), Symborski Shift Kit, Solid front motor mount, Monster ground wire kit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

eclipse982nrRSTMay-15-04 10:15 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9064, "RE: mounting lcd screen"
In response to Reply # 0

get a manual from autozone or advanced auto or napa for the eclipse ($15) and tells you how to do EVERYTHING step by step so you want need to keep asking questions when you are taking it out ... walking back and forth posting questions will get annoying to yourself, lol .... get a haynes manual and can read and see pictures in the book of how to do it safely!!! good luck!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipse982nrRSTMay-15-04 10:17 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#9065, "RE: mounting lcd screen"
In response to Reply # 1

OR you could fiberglass a piece over the airbag and take it out and make it to hold the monitor but then if you ever got hit or ran into someone you passengers face would be fucked up from the screen saying hello to their mouth or nose, lol ...

mastrcobbMay-15-04 01:50 PM
Member since Jan 06th 2004
39 posts,
#9069, "RE: mounting lcd screen"
In response to Reply # 2

THat would be the most hilarious thing i've ever seen. Especially if they got a Clarion stamp on their forehead.

MalenkoMay-24-04 09:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3534 posts,
#9138, "RE: mounting lcd screen"
In response to Reply # 3
May-24-04 09:30 PM by Malenko

better off mounting it to the sun visor, car wont pass inspection with it fiberglassed to the airbag cover

you could also mount it like this:

thats only a 6.5" screen but you get the general idea. can be removed fairly easily and stored in your glove box next to the DVD player

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #9063 Previous topic | Next topic