Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8625
View in linear mode

Subject: "Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRMar-31-04 04:32 PM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8625, "Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"

^^^ Is there anywhere. I'm looking for those damn grommets but I don't know where to look. I tried drilling thru the wall and I just dont have the rite bits. Please help me out. Where did you all run it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, Pushin420a, Mar-31-04 04:50 PM, #1
RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-31-04 05:07 PM, #2
      RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, 96eclipse2nr, Mar-31-04 06:54 PM, #3
           RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, Super20G, Apr-01-04 04:15 PM, #4
                RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-01-04 04:55 PM, #5
                RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, Super20G, Apr-02-04 03:20 AM, #6
                     RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, rgirard413, Apr-02-04 10:00 AM, #7
                          RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-02-04 05:38 PM, #8
                               RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, CrazyEclipse, Apr-02-04 07:06 PM, #9
                                    RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-02-04 07:11 PM, #10
                                         RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, jsupetran, Apr-02-04 08:28 PM, #11
                                         RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, CrazyEclipse, Apr-03-04 01:43 PM, #12
                                              RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, SPL_Eclipse, Apr-03-04 03:24 PM, #13
                RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?, djtrickee, Apr-03-04 04:25 PM, #14

Pushin420aMar-31-04 04:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1877 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8626, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 0

I run mine threw the steering boot....tie a wire to a wire coat hanger with tape and pushi it threw....thats what I did.

~Lee

"CHECK OUT THE NEW CARBON KNIGHT AUTO"
still under construction
http://hometown.aol.com/pushin420a/index.html

Please help fix my car..
"DONATIONS ARE WELCOME"

***MODS***
Afx/Race computer, V2CAI, 60MM TB, P&P intake, Cam Gears, Exhaust
Tein Drop springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables.

***Mods to come***
Crane Cams,UDP,full greddy exhaust,headers

Lots of Show!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPL_EclipseMar-31-04 05:07 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#8627, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 1

or on the passengers side firewalll theres a HUGE grommet.you have to take off the kickpanel and pull the carpet back.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

96eclipse2nrMar-31-04 06:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#8630, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 2

depends, you can either drill, go through steering boot, or pass side boot near kick panel. i have used all 3. my amp wiring and a couple others are drilled, safc wires run through steering boot, and nitrous line and wires are run through passenger side.

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Super20GApr-01-04 04:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8634, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 3

my power and ground are ran underneath the car... never had to fxck w/ it again

SPL_EclipseApr-01-04 04:55 PM
5921 posts,
#8635, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 4

^^ouch, i hope they are heavily protected. otherwise youre going to have some problems when you run over a large piece of tire tread/rock/branch/etc.

Super20GApr-02-04 03:20 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8636, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 5

^^^ 0/0 gauge... where do you want me to run two of those cables? hehe, its held tightly underneath along the frame.

rgirard413Apr-02-04 10:00 AM
Member since Jun 27th 2002
425 posts,
#8637, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 6

just curious but why do you have the ground wire running with the power wire? Did you ground to the battery directly?

SPL_EclipseApr-02-04 05:38 PM
5921 posts,
#8638, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 7

^^that is a good question.

CrazyEclipseApr-02-04 07:06 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#8639, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 8

You should get some bits that WILL drill and drill your own. Odd gauge will fit just fine through the pass side gromet, with the help of WD40, i slid odd in while i had 4 gauge in it - slid right in.
But its easier, imo making a new hole, but not too big!

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at phase 1 and 2 shown;
End of Project Goal - 4/23/04
member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

SPL_EclipseApr-02-04 07:11 PM
5921 posts,
#8640, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 9
Apr-02-04 07:12 PM by SPL_Eclipse

Originally posted by CrazyEclipse
You should get some bits that WILL drill and drill your own. Odd gauge will fit just fine through the pass side gromet, with the help of WD40, i slid odd in while i had 4 gauge in it - slid right in. But its easier, imo making a new hole, but not too big! Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at phase 1 and 2 shown; End of Project Goal - 4/23/04 member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

i am completly confused by that post, other then the fact you recommend drilling your own hole. thats a bit dangerous considering how our firewall is set up, lol

jsupetranApr-02-04 08:28 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#8641, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 10

I drilled three 3/8 holes through the firewall in the area in the upper left portion of the wall. That area has no things to run into and it is to the right of the brake fluid area, close to the side of the vehicle. If you look in the drivers side footwell, that area has a 6 in by 5 in clearance to drill into without hitting anything. I did that cause the passenger side grommet was too far for some of my wires, and the steering wheel boot was getting crammed with wires.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

CrazyEclipseApr-03-04 01:43 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#8642, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
Originally posted by CrazyEclipse You should get some bits that WILL drill and drill your own. Odd gauge will fit just fine through the pass side gromet, with the help of WD40, i slid odd in while i had 4 gauge in it - slid right in. But its easier, imo making a new hole, but not too big! Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at phase 1 and 2 shown; End of Project Goal - 4/23/04 member# 2498 / girl member# unknown
i am completly confused by that post, other then the fact you recommend drilling your own hole. thats a bit dangerous considering how our firewall is set up, lol.

what do you mean?

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at phase 1 and 2 shown;
End of Project Goal - 4/23/04
member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

SPL_EclipseApr-03-04 03:24 PM
5921 posts,
#8643, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 12

^^^i dont know what "odd" guage is, lol. plus, the grammatical structure of that post was so confusing that only pertinant words like "drill", "wd40", and "grommet" stood out. all cleared up now though.

djtrickeeApr-03-04 04:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#8645, "RE: Where To Run The Power Wire Through The Firewall?"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Super20G
my power and ground are ran underneath the car... never had to fxck w/ it again

That is scary...
There is a reason manufacturers always run the cabling through the cabin.
I hope you have a fire extuingisher at your disposal.

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8625 Previous topic | Next topic