Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8573
View in linear mode

Subject: "bass box" Previous topic | Next topic
berightbackMar-26-04 06:32 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
624 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8573, "bass box"

alright
simple question-tried searching got pissed.
I have a bass box just bought it from pep boys. Just wondernig if someone could tell me how the hell they hooked theirs up. Apparently you're supposed to use an AMP, well I did and mine doesn't work. My amp for some reason has power but is protected so it isn't pushing. I've ran the wires like 4 times and rewired the dayum thing way too many times. My friend has a bass box too. However, his isn't hooked up to an AMP at all. If anyone has another way of hooking this up let me know. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SPL_EclipseMar-26-04 09:10 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8575, "RE: bass box"
In response to Reply # 0

ive got a bunch of questions for you just to help us diagnose the problem:

1) what kind of amp is it (how many channels, etc..., if you give the model number and make that will help becuase we can find all the info online)

2) what is the "bass box"? how many speakers does it have, what is the resistence of each speaker, how are the speakers wired together, etc.? i tried searching at the pep boys website, but thats a freakin maze, lol.

3) what is the source unit? is the signal to the amp coming from a stock headunit via a line-level converter? do you have an aftermaket headunit with RCAs connecting it to the amp?

it sounds to me like you have the speakers wired improperly to the amp, leading to a resistance the amp cant handle, sending it into protection mode. there are a few more possibilities though, but well help you get it working! if you dont understand somthing, just ask what it is and we can provide a link or explination for you. (lol, i love how i refer to the a/v forum as a collective "we", cause i know the people here are so helpful)

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Mar-26-04 09:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#8578, "RE: bass box"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
(lol, i love how i refer to the a/v forum as a collective "we", cause i know the people here are so helpful)

Hey, I help out LOL

Yeah, I think you've got some wiring issues, but we need a LOT more information than you provided.

berightbackMar-26-04 09:33 AM
Member since Aug 07th 2003
624 posts,
#8579, "RE: bass box"
In response to Reply # 2

don't worry bout it, I think I've figured it out

SPL_EclipseMar-26-04 10:07 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#8581, "RE: bass box"
In response to Reply # 3

"Hey, I help out LOL"

i know aaron! i wasnt being sarcastic! sorry, guess i shoulda changed the way that sounds, lol. this is a pretty tight-knit forum, and pretty much EVERYONE here is very knowledgable. THAT was my point.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8573 Previous topic | Next topic