Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8293
View in linear mode

Subject: "12" Kicker L7?" Previous topic | Next topic
RandomHeroMar-02-04 02:30 PM
Member since Dec 04th 2003
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8293, "12" Kicker L7?"

I just bought a 12" Kicker L7 and I think their pretty good bang for your buck. My friends has a 99 Bravada and has 4 of them and hits a 146.5 spl. Thats pretty loud. I just bought 1. What have you guys heard about these subs whether they are good or bad or what?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 12" Kicker L7?, CrazyEclipse, Mar-02-04 02:58 PM, #1
RE: 12" Kicker L7?, wickedtalon, Mar-03-04 09:28 AM, #2
      RE: 12" Kicker L7?, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-03-04 01:07 PM, #3
           RE: 12" Kicker L7?, mrj82, Mar-04-04 12:54 PM, #4
           RE: 12" Kicker L7?, CrazyEclipse, Mar-04-04 02:38 PM, #5
           RE: 12" Kicker L7?, scothern, Mar-05-04 08:53 AM, #6
                RE: 12" Kicker L7?, SPL_Eclipse, Mar-05-04 03:44 PM, #7

CrazyEclipseMar-02-04 02:58 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8294, "RE: 12" Kicker L7?"
In response to Reply # 0

Did you get the L7 square or round one?

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at phase 1 shown
member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wickedtalonMar-03-04 09:28 AM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
#8301, "RE: 12" Kicker L7?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have a 15" L7. sounds best with a ported box specified by kicker.

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

SPL_EclipseMar-03-04 01:07 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#8305, "RE: 12" Kicker L7?"
In response to Reply # 2

"Did you get the L7 square or round one?"

just for fun, notice that the letter "L" and the number "7" form a square (well, a rectangle) when put together. thats why they call them "L7". all of them are square. (im j/k wit ya!)

anyway, they are great subs, take a lot of abuse, and get damn loud. good choice.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

mrj82Mar-04-04 12:54 PM
Member since Jun 17th 2003
283 posts,
#8311, "RE: 12" Kicker L7?"
In response to Reply # 3

Holy crap he only hit a 146.5 with 4 of those? I thats off the dash right? I hit a 147.4 off the dash with 2 cheap ass pioneer 12"s.

I got the sonic if you got the boom.

CrazyEclipseMar-04-04 02:38 PM
Member since Jul 30th 2002
2503 posts,
#8312, "RE: 12" Kicker L7?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
"Did you get the L7 square or round one?" just for fun, notice that the letter "L" and the number "7" form a square (well, a rectangle) when put together. thats why they call them "L7". all of them are square. (im j/k wit ya!) anyway, they are great subs, take a lot of abuse, and get damn loud. good choice.

DOH! I must have been brainfarting when I posted that.

Undergoing MAJOR modifications, inside and out: Sneek peek at phase 1 shown
member# 2498 / girl member# unknown

scothernMar-05-04 08:53 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
#8342, "RE: 12" Kicker L7?"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
"Did you get the L7 square or round one?" just for fun, notice that the letter "L" and the number "7" form a square (well, a rectangle) when put together. thats why they call them "L7". all of them are square. (im j/k wit ya!) anyway, they are great subs, take a lot of abuse, and get damn loud. good choice.

If this is true then why are the lower end Square solo-baric's called L5's

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

SPL_EclipseMar-05-04 03:44 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#8351, "RE: 12" Kicker L7?"
In response to Reply # 6

because 5 is a lower number than 7. note that the original L7s came out a long time before the L5s. im pretty sure the only reason the name of those subs is "L5" simply because people were familiar with the "L7" name and by keeping with the theme the marketing division didnt have much work cut out for them in getting people to identify w/ the new product.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8293 Previous topic | Next topic