Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8165
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Need serious responses....Audio Experts" Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldFeb-16-04 07:54 AM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8165, "Need serious responses....Audio Experts"
Feb-16-04 07:57 AM by BigBald

Ok here is the deal...most factory systems these days aren't that bad sounding. I want to acheive this kind of sound in the talon. I am sick of hauling around the two twelves and haevy ass box and losing all my trunk space...don't know maybe i am getting older. So now my goal is to achieve a very good system with moderate bass without the heavy box and amp.

I am going to swithc my 2 channel sony amp over to a four channel amp unless someone here think i should run 2 two channel amps instead of one four channel amp. As for speakers, right now i have Boston Acoustics 6x9 in the rear and MTX 6 3/4" in my door. Does anyone recommend that i switch those over also?

If you are wondering what sound i am talking about, if you ever ridden in the 2003+ hondas, their factory systems sound really good for me. This is the sound i am trying to achieve. So basically i am looking for direction in what equipment i should go with.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
WickedESiFeb-16-04 11:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8169, "RE: Need serious responses....Audio Experts"
In response to Reply # 0

If you arn't running subs your going to want to stay w/ the 6x9's in the rear so you have some bass.

2003 civic's have tweeters in the doors.

Some 2g's came w/ 3 1/2" speakers underneith the windshield (provides great acoustics for highs), which really ought to have tweeters in these locations.

I recommend you getting a well powered 4 channel amp (a 4x60 watt deck would be good). And running ~7/8" tweeters in the factory location (underneith the windshield, you can gut the stock ones and put aftermarket ones underneith those grills).

If you feel like spending more money than above I recommend MB Quart speakers to replace your door/rear speakers.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #8165 Previous topic | Next topic