Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7961
View in linear mode

Subject: "what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?" Previous topic | Next topic
ajna_starJan-08-04 05:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5730 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7961, "what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"

i think im gonna buy a viper alarm, that seems to be what everyone has.... are they easy to install?

2005 Corolla XRS
2ZZ 6-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, cota472, Jan-09-04 04:31 AM, #1
RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Jan-09-04 05:44 AM, #2
      RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, a_miller_76, Jan-09-04 05:55 AM, #3
           RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, EclipseTenzoR, Jan-09-04 10:13 AM, #4
                RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, SPL_Eclipse, Jan-09-04 03:40 PM, #5
                     RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, a_miller_76, Jan-10-04 01:40 PM, #6
                          RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, WickedESi, Jan-10-04 10:28 PM, #7
                               RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, Pyroman415, Jan-17-04 01:43 PM, #8
                                    RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, 96eclipse2nr, Jan-21-04 05:47 AM, #9
                                         RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, injendsm, Jan-24-04 05:45 PM, #10
                                              RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, Uberingram, Jan-24-04 11:16 PM, #11
                                                   RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, FarOutKucki, Jan-24-04 11:30 PM, #12
                                                        RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, taloniized, Jan-25-04 08:05 AM, #13
                                                             RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, a_miller_76, Jan-25-04 08:10 AM, #14
                                                                  RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, Skrilla, Jan-30-04 05:07 AM, #15
                                                                       RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, dvatt2424, Feb-02-04 11:08 AM, #16
                                                                            RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, pn0ymahal, Feb-13-04 09:04 PM, #17
                                                                                 RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?, TeamXtremeRS, Feb-14-04 10:14 AM, #18

cota472Jan-09-04 04:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
827 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7962, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 0

i was thinking about getting the viper 690xv. i want the paging thing. i dont need the remote starting, besides i have a 5-speed and thiers is for auto.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorsd_eclipseJan-09-04 05:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#7963, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 1

Installing an alarm is not the easiest thing to do. In fact I wouldn't suggest it to most people unless you have a pretty good understanding of electronics. You have to find and indentify a lot of wires that you will need to tap into.

a_miller_76Jan-09-04 05:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#7964, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 2

If you buy a viper you're not allowed to install it yourself. No matter where you go you will pay for the installation because Viper will not allow their product to be installed by amateurs. If you do get someone to let you install it Viper will not warranty the product.

EclipseTenzoRJan-09-04 10:13 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
#7967, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 3

lol... glad sucks that i figure this out now.. Guess I am not under warranty.

SPL_EclipseJan-09-04 03:40 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#7971, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 4

i wont say what kind of alarm i have, but its more than adiquate. also, i endorse DEI products faithfully.

installing an alarm is really not that difficult IMO. most installation shops will do a sub-par job abyway, leaving the wires looking like anything BUT stock and just shoving the alarm brain underneath the drivers side dash. it IS very time and concentration consuming though to do a good job. go to www.bulldogsecurity.com and look up the wire codes for the eclipse. they are very self explanitory.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

a_miller_76Jan-10-04 01:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#7975, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by SPL_Eclipse
i wont say what kind of alarm i have, but its more than adiquate. also, i endorse DEI products faithfully. installing an alarm is really not that difficult IMO. most installation shops will do a sub-par job abyway, leaving the wires looking like anything BUT stock and just shoving the alarm brain underneath the drivers side dash. it IS very time and concentration consuming though to do a good job. go to www.bulldogsecurity.com and look up the wire codes for the eclipse. they are very self explanitory.

Yeah, they do. Unless you ask for something special When I worked for Circuit City I charged an extra $50 under the table for "special" installs. Then I'd tell the customer they'd get it for free if they could find the alarm in my truck. I never lost that bet I had it installed inside the dash behind the instrument panel and all the sensors were integrated into the interior.

I wish I would have kept that alarm now

WickedESiJan-10-04 10:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#7977, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 6

If you have to ask if you should do it yourself, then the answer is probably no. Connecting the wires isn't hard, but making it a secure system takes knowledge and experience.

I have a Crimestopper SuperRage w/ Remote Start (using home window security magnet sensors to check if the car is in neutral or not) and a bunch of other goodies. I'm a professional installer of alarms and stereos.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Pyroman415Jan-17-04 01:43 PM
Member since Dec 03rd 2003
179 posts,
#8006, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 7

I have a venom 5005 system that i got from www.asianwolf.com . Its a nice system and it gets the job done nicely. I have had no problems with it so far. The only down fall is its a no name brand. I had it installed by Horizon Motorsports. They did a half ass job so i redid most of it myself. Now that i understand the wiring better i know i could install alarms myself, but I wouldnt try to if your questioning if you can do it.

96eclipse2nrJan-21-04 05:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#8028, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 8

i have a CrimeGuard alarm, wont go into details on exactly what model, but i installed it myself and while yes its time consuming and it pisses ya off....its not THAT bad imo

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

injendsmJan-24-04 05:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#8029, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 9

ive got a viper. does the job good.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

UberingramJan-24-04 11:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#8030, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 10
Jan-24-04 11:17 PM by Uberingram

Alarm? I've got a big fucking stick and don't sleep. I did the installation myself. Grrrr mother fucker.

FarOutKuckiJan-24-04 11:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2719 posts,
#8031, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 11

^^^^^^^^ this guys got some serious issues imo.

taloniizedJan-25-04 08:05 AM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
#8032, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 12

Code Alarm. It works great with the turbo timer too.

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

a_miller_76Jan-25-04 08:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#8033, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 13

New Viper alarms coming out this summer will have turbo timers built in.

SkrillaJan-30-04 05:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#8077, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 14
Jan-30-04 05:08 AM by Skrilla

I have the Clifford with auto start for Manuals, I guess you could say it has a "turbo timer" like setup but you can have it turn off whenever you want at 2 minutes, 3 minutes or 20 minutes. It also has this speial screen that shows which door is open, I think it's pretty cool.

EDIT: BTW I have yet to get it installed

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

dvatt2424Feb-02-04 11:08 AM
Member since Mar 30th 2002
148 posts,
#8082, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 15

I also have a clifford. I didnt know clifford made an auto start for manuals.

pn0ymahalFeb-13-04 09:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#8149, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 16

viper 790
Michael
99gs HRC Stage 2000 8-Injector Setup
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)
Car info at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

TeamXtremeRSFeb-14-04 10:14 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#8153, "RE: what kind of alarm do you have, did you install it yourself?"
In response to Reply # 17

I have the Python 880XP. Its the remote start/alarm combo with a paging 2 way remote. I installed it myself. Although I should have, since I am a DEI installer I need to upgrade to the 881XP since they now have the built in short run turbo timer mode..As for the other question, if you are familiar with auto electrical systems, understand them, and you are good at making clean, solid wire connections, then I'd say go for it. If you have ANY doubts about the install, have it done by a REPUTABLE shop. Try to talk one on one with the actual installer, and tell them to hide it well, and conceal as much of the system/wireing/sensors as good as they can. Take note though, that does take time, and some shops will even charge extra for it..A security system is useless if a theif can get at the unit/wiring/siren if everything is right there..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7961 Previous topic | Next topic