Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7109
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alarm install with pics" Previous topic | Next topic
mikelrrySep-07-03 09:03 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2003
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7109, "Alarm install with pics"

I'm trying to find an alarm install with the pics of the wires that i need to use. I try the search and i have found where the wires are located but none with pic. I dont know if it is out there but i have found it for my other car so there is a chance. But any help would be great. thank

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Alarm install with pics, SPL_Eclipse, Sep-07-03 04:38 PM, #1
RE: Alarm install with pics, importxs, Sep-07-03 05:25 PM, #2
      RE: Alarm install with pics, 96eclipse2nr, Sep-13-03 05:53 PM, #3
           RE: Alarm install with pics, KSeclipse, Sep-13-03 08:49 PM, #4
                RE: Alarm install with pics, 96eclipse2nr, Sep-14-03 08:54 AM, #5
                     how about the wires for the locks, lickscissors, Sep-16-03 02:22 PM, #6
                          RE: how about the wires for the locks, 96eclipse2nr, Sep-16-03 05:25 PM, #7
                               RE: how about the wires for the locks, lickscissors, Sep-17-03 08:09 AM, #8
RE: Alarm install with pics, 1997eclipse, Aug-06-04 08:55 PM, #9
RE: Alarm install with pics, MCubed45, Aug-07-04 11:32 AM, #10
RE: Alarm install with pics, djtrickee, Aug-07-04 12:12 PM, #11

SPL_EclipseSep-07-03 04:38 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7116, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont think there is one, ive search many-a-times.

luckily, our alarm install is pretty staight forward. 90% of the work is under the drivers side part of the dash. i would recommend removing the panel under the steering wheel for easier access. also, remember to hide the alarm brain somewhere (under the center consol is a good idea), and wrap al the wiring in electrical tape/black loom to keep it stock looking.

if you need any advice on installing it, there are MANY knowledgabe people on this board who can help you out, XtremeRS being the best.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

importxsSep-07-03 05:25 PM
Member since Jun 16th 2003
91 posts,
#7117, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 1

I haven't found any sites with pics but there is a site with all the wire colors and all that I needed to install my alarm.
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/wiring-gen2wir.html

If you got Q post them or IM me.

96eclipse2nrSep-13-03 05:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#7157, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 2

its really not as bad as you think. for a basic install you only have to make 5 basic connections...maybe more if you have power windows and wanna use the alarm as keyless entry also. for the basic all you have to do is hook up a switched 12v+ (when the car is in the "on" position) a constant 12v from the battery, ground, your headlights (if you want them to flash) a ground, door trigger, and ground. i just installed another alarm last week and lots of people came by and were blown away that i could install my own alarm. its just all the wires that scares people. its as easy as installing a head unit (if you have to cut/splice wires) only diff is you have to hunt for the wires. as long as you got a sheet of where they are and the colors its cake. i have the one from crutchfield if you need it. its dead on.

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

KSeclipseSep-13-03 08:49 PM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
899 posts,
#7158, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 3

yo sksman i feel like the biggest dumb shit, i was gonna copy and paste your lines all after we talked but i closed the instant mesage and lost them, could u post them up for me again pleeeeeeeas

Nos Fogger Kit,AemCAI, TopFuel UDP, pacesetter cat-back, ARD bored 57mm t.b., P&P intake mani, Ractive front/rear strut bars,rear tie bar,eibach sportlines,tokico blues, morosso wires, ngkIX plugs, konig subzeros,proj. heads,gunmetal tails, rev.indiglow gauges,reverse light mod

96eclipse2nrSep-14-03 08:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#7159, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 4

sure, NP bro.

constant 12v white runs under steering shaft

switched 12v black/white runs under steering shaft

starter black/red runs under steering shaft

parking lights white/green (+) fuse junction box

door pin switch red/green/silver dots (-) below door sills

this is your basic hookup for a basic alarm setup. let me know if you need anything else

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

lickscissorsSep-16-03 02:22 PM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
#7179, "how about the wires for the locks"
In response to Reply # 5

hey 96eclipse2nr...do you know where the wires are to connect the keyless entry....i have a dei alarm and im not totaly sure where to connect the wires for that..... do they go to the relay behind the stereo?....or can i get to the wires from somewhere else?...thanks

screw flanders

96eclipse2nrSep-16-03 05:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#7180, "RE: how about the wires for the locks"
In response to Reply # 6

Door lock Brown/silver dots
Door unlock brown/white/silver dots

at relays behind passengerside of console (control unit in passenger kick panel, relays in console

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

lickscissorsSep-17-03 08:09 AM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
#7183, "RE: how about the wires for the locks"
In response to Reply # 7

ok, thanks....ill let you know if i have any more problems

screw flanders

1997eclipseAug-06-04 08:55 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2004
7 posts,
#9546, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Where did you run your Parking Lights Output to????

MCubed45Aug-07-04 11:32 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#9555, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by 1997eclipse
Where did you run your Parking Lights Output to????

parking light output goes to the green/white wire under the dash on the left. same one you tap into when you hook up indiglo gauges. you must verify that your alarm is set for + parking light output. if you do a search for a writeup indiglo gauge installation you'll find pics of the wire and where it's located.

the door locks is prolly the most confusing part of an install. this is b/c there's a whole shitload of different wiring methods for different cars. ours are a negative trigger i believe... (i didn't have stock power locks, mine are aftermarket so it's a little different). you usually hafta connect different wires on the alarm itself depending what type of locking system you have.

-marc

djtrickeeAug-07-04 12:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#9556, "RE: Alarm install with pics"
In response to Reply # 9

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7109 Previous topic | Next topic