Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7044
View in linear mode

Subject: "Are all Caps created equal????" Previous topic | Next topic
farmdogg55Aug-31-03 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7044, "Are all Caps created equal????"

i am looking to buy one now that i will be adding another set of 12's and another amp to my system. my lights barely dim now but you can see it when i have it turned up really loud. so i am thinking i will need one when i add more. my question is that the prices can vary alot and i was thinking they cant be that much different, but are they? also, is it better to buy a 2 farad one, or is that overkill?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

dudasdAug-31-03 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7046, "RE: Are all Caps created equal????"
In response to Reply # 0

When you take the wrapper off of them they are all the same and pretty much all made by the same company. All you pay for on most of them is the name slapped on them. As far as size, getting a 2 would be good, can never have to much..If I was coming home soon I would say you could take mine off my hands but it doesn;t look like I'll be back in the area anytime soon.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SPL_EclipseAug-31-03 05:53 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#7047, "RE: Are all Caps created equal????"
In response to Reply # 1

many people (especially marketing people) will tell you that one cap is better than another and give you a bunch of technical reasons...but in reality i agree with ^^^ what he said. of course, i dont ever use caps for anything other than a/c ripple filtering, so dont take my word for it, lol.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

eclipse_99rsAug-31-03 06:33 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#7048, "RE: Are all Caps created equal????"
In response to Reply # 2

All a cap is, is a conductor wraped in an insulator or a non conductor.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

farmdogg55Sep-01-03 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#7050, "RE: Are all Caps created equal????"
In response to Reply # 3

ok great, thats what i figured. i appreciate it guys. points for all!!

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #7044 Previous topic | Next topic