Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6865
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hit & Runs Suck!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
audiophylAug-06-03 11:55 AM
Member since Sep 25th 2002
152 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6865, "Hit & Runs Suck!!!"

Well, My '97 Talon may be no more! I was sitting at a light on Saturday night and a Toyota decided it was better to drive through the back of my car, as opposed to just stopping and waiting for me to drive off.

In total, the rear of the car is destroyed and the insurance company is going to total the car. I'm trying to find a new vehicle, preferably another Talon, but who knows!

I may have some pretty cool parts for sale, but I'm hoping to be able to reuse them on another project car.

One good note, their license plate number is embedded into the back of my bumper, so I may have a chance of catching them!

J. Mykel Hill
SLAP Mid-West Event Coordinator

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

http://members.cardomain.com/audiophyl

2002 Sound, Looks, & Performance National Champion--Advanced Mitsubishi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, Blk95Talon, Aug-06-03 12:59 PM, #1
RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, Shockeclipse, Aug-06-03 01:11 PM, #2
      RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-06-03 03:23 PM, #3
           RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, audiophyl, Aug-06-03 09:44 PM, #4
                RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-07-03 05:42 PM, #5
                     RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, audiophyl, Aug-07-03 05:54 PM, #6
                          RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-07-03 06:25 PM, #7
                               RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, theallpowerfulme, Aug-24-03 08:18 PM, #8
                                    RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-25-03 12:14 PM, #9
                                         RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!, audiophyl, Aug-27-03 10:09 PM, #10

Blk95TalonAug-06-03 12:59 PM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6866, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Damn man that sucks. I hope you end up catching that fuc*er

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ShockeclipseAug-06-03 01:11 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6867, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

gonna be buying the car from the salvage lot? to part out?

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

SPL_EclipseAug-06-03 03:23 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#6868, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

shit, no!!! thats terrible. werent you planning and installing an entirly new system? guess the only good thing is that you geta fresh start w/ a new car. somtimes i wish the same for myself.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

audiophylAug-06-03 09:44 PM
152 posts,
#6872, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

Unfortunately I can't buy the car back from the insurance company. They are going to pay me a little money for the car and then part it out for a pretty penny. Insurance companies are such a con!

I was in the process of rebuilding, but that doesn't help the fact that the car's gone. I don't get anything for my modifications. Just money out the door!

Oh well...just gotta catch the bastards!

J. Mykel Hill

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

SPL_EclipseAug-07-03 05:42 PM
5921 posts,
#6883, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

well, if your not gong to finish the car, let us know what you were planning!!!! do you have any pics? even if they were of a partially complete install?

audiophylAug-07-03 05:54 PM
152 posts,
#6885, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Well, I would spill some of my ideas, but I'm planning on finding another 2GNT and working on it. If I give away my ideas, then I will appear to be copying other people.

A few hints:
Hand made spoiler
Completly CUSTOM exhaust
Trick Rear Hatch trick
Crazy hand-laid Carbon Fiber front splitter

Oh well...these projects will just get put on hold until I get my new Talon!

Thanks for all the concerns and I hope to see you in the lanes soon!

J. Mykel Hill

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

SPL_EclipseAug-07-03 06:25 PM
5921 posts,
#6886, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

hmmmm....interesting... ::twists mustache w. fingers::

sounds like you have some awesome plans. glad to see you are going to stay w/ the DSM community!! killer hatch, huh? i may have an idea or two about that as well, but i wont say anything. best of luck to you. let me know if the car will be anywhere near charleston, SC in the future, id love to come take a look!

theallpowerfulmeAug-24-03 08:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#7017, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm pretty sure you always have the right to buy the car back from the ins. company b4 they sell to someone else

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

SPL_EclipseAug-25-03 12:14 PM
5921 posts,
#7023, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 8

interesting that this thread was brough back, my car was just smashed up pretty good as well. perhaps a new (to me) 2gnt is in my future?!?!

audiophylAug-27-03 10:09 PM
152 posts,
#7035, "RE: Hit & Runs Suck!!!"
In response to Reply # 9

One of the new project cars that we've purchased is a 1994 Mazda MX5 Miata M-Edition. The car's a little small for me, but it's a limited edition, hence the M-edition and only has 29,500 miles. Car's never seen winter and the mileage is real. Melissa's father owned the vehicle, so we got a good deal.

I'm actually still working with the insurance. They might fix it, since I have receipts for $6000 of aftermarket. That's without the stereo system, so who knows!

Sorry to hear about your mis-fortune. Hopefully, you are ok and a new 2GNT will soon find a home in your driveway!

J. Mykel Hill

jmykel@slapshow.com

Certified IASCA Judge
Certified SLAP Judge

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6865 Previous topic | Next topic