Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6819
View in linear mode

Subject: "help me pick 3 10's" Previous topic | Next topic
Eklypz420Aug-02-03 06:56 PM
Member since Jun 14th 2003
385 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6819, "help me pick 3 10's"

Well I just bought a JL 300/2 and 250/1 amps now I'm looking to getting 3 10's. Any suggestions, I was thinking about going with JL 10w6's, or else MAYBE 3 bazooka tubes, just because it would look cool. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Jimi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: help me pick 3 10's, mitsuman297, Aug-03-03 02:14 AM, #1
RE: help me pick 3 10's, Blk95Talon, Aug-04-03 05:46 AM, #2
      RE: help me pick 3 10's, DocWhiplash, Aug-04-03 01:27 PM, #3
           RE: help me pick 3 10's, Blk95Talon, Aug-04-03 01:59 PM, #4
                RE: help me pick 3 10's, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-04-03 06:23 PM, #5
                     RE: help me pick 3 10's, DocWhiplash, Aug-09-03 12:50 PM, #6
                          RE: help me pick 3 10's, 808dsmtuner, Aug-09-03 07:18 PM, #7
                               RE: help me pick 3 10's, SPL_Eclipse, Aug-09-03 07:35 PM, #8
                                    RE: help me pick 3 10's, Shockeclipse, Aug-09-03 11:09 PM, #9
                                         RE: help me pick 3 10's, 808dsmtuner, Aug-10-03 11:19 AM, #10
                                              RE: help me pick 3 10's, tonyredshoes, Aug-10-03 12:50 PM, #11
                                                   RE: help me pick 3 10's, Shockeclipse, Aug-10-03 07:39 PM, #12
                                                   RE: help me pick 3 10's, DocWhiplash, Aug-16-03 10:59 AM, #13
                                                        RE: help me pick 3 10's, tonyredshoes, Aug-16-03 07:01 PM, #14

mitsuman297Aug-03-03 02:14 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
560 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6823, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 0

Jl, the w6 are awesome subs but be sure you get subs that will fall within the rms ratings of your amps

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Blk95TalonAug-04-03 05:46 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6836, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 1
Aug-04-03 05:50 AM by Blk95Talon

I suggest looking into elemental designs. www.edesignaudio.com

If you want 3 sealed subs that are right up there with the w6, look into the "o" series. I think the 10's are the e10o.

heres pics of the 10" o series
http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/largeviews/10o.htm

If you want ported and something thats very close to, or slightly better than a w7, step up to a "A" series sub.

Heres the 10" A series
http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/largeviews/10a.htm

Im ordering a single 12" A series myself, its gonna be bad ass
I know its a little known company, but the more I read about them, the more I like them. They look great, sound great, and have a 3yr warranty, and are something to consider for the price.

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

DocWhiplashAug-04-03 01:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#6841, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 2
Aug-04-03 01:28 PM by DocWhiplash

I really like my three 10 jl w3v2's. But i have a pretty big amp on em. with the power your pushing, it would sound really good with three w0 10's. My buddy had three w0 10's with a 75a2 rockford amp and it sounded pretty good.

oh, heres some pics of my setup:

95 eclipse RS

14.80 @ 94mph with no turbo

Blk95TalonAug-04-03 01:59 PM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6843, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 3

I really like your install wiplash, looks really good

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

SPL_EclipseAug-04-03 06:23 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#6846, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 4

docwhiplash=showoff truely awesome install, man.

im going waaay out on a limb here and saying that the best 10" sub ive ever heard is the MTX blue thunder legand (BTL...also called the 6000 series) in a .75-1 cubic foot sealed box. it wont get loud or bust windows, but it will sound increadible...better than my friends velodyne home sub. the JLs are good as well if you want to spend the money, and they will get quite a bit louder.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

DocWhiplashAug-09-03 12:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#6903, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 5

>docwhiplash=showoff truely awesome install, man.
>
>im going waaay out on a limb here and saying that the best 10"
>sub ive ever heard is the MTX blue thunder legand (BTL...also
>called the 6000 series) in a .75-1 cubic foot sealed box. it
>wont get loud or bust windows, but it will sound
>increadible...better than my friends velodyne home sub. the
>JLs are good as well if you want to spend the money, and they
>will get quite a bit louder.

I know I am but I'm usually not, Just that I'm pretty proud of my work on this and you guys I know can appreciate it more than most. And just like spl said. The 6000's are real nice. I just hooked up three of those in a buddies car and it sounds really good. He is only putting around 400 watts total to them also. It really depends on what amp you will be using for the subs. The 300/2 or the 250/1. I think the 250/1 is a class d amp and the 300/2 is a class a/b amp. I would use the 250 and go with a lower model speaker with a lower rms rating, or upgrade the amp and go wih the mtx 6000's or a jl w3 or up. alpine type r's are real nice also. so many options out there you just need to make sure you have the right power to run it.

95 eclipse RS

808dsmtunerAug-09-03 07:18 PM
Member since Dec 29th 2002
665 posts,
#6905, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 6

i still like the old school orion xtr's if mine didnt blow i would still have mine from 96 but since they did i have 2 12" orion hcca's

hawaii boy

SPL_EclipseAug-09-03 07:35 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
#6906, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 7

^^^great suggestion, i liked the xtrs as well in a ported box. loud as hell.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

ShockeclipseAug-09-03 11:09 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#6910, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 8

I just heard those W6's today.....i ended up buying on 12" W7 myself....redoing whole system.

But anyways I was really impressed with how the w6's sounded.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

808dsmtunerAug-10-03 11:19 AM
Member since Dec 29th 2002
665 posts,
#6911, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 9

haha i wish i had enough money to buy a w7 people over here sell them for like 999.99 and i was like wt that much for a damn speaker so i got some cheaper ones 2 hccas just as good but only 250 for a speaker

hawaii boy

tonyredshoesAug-10-03 12:50 PM
Member since Jul 16th 2003
67 posts,
#6912, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 10

My setup isn't quite as good as DocWhiplash's, but I tried!

98 Eclipse GS
"The only good thing about movies like 'The Fast and the Furious' and its many imitators and sequels is that they surely contribute to a number of idiots becoming highway fatality statistics." -Somethingawful.com

ShockeclipseAug-10-03 07:39 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#6915, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 11

^^^MAN THAT IS SO SICK! I can't wait to see it in the car! MORE PICS!

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

DocWhiplashAug-16-03 10:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
880 posts,
#6959, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 11

>My setup isn't quite as good as DocWhiplash's, but I tried!
>
>

haha, Is that the new invisible sub boxes I've been hearin about. haha

You got any pics installed though

95 eclipse RS

tonyredshoesAug-16-03 07:01 PM
Member since Jul 16th 2003
67 posts,
#6962, "RE: help me pick 3 10's"
In response to Reply # 13

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=10&topic_id=6946&mesg_id=6946&page=

My deep-freeze sounds better than all of yours.

98 Eclipse GS
"The only good thing about movies like 'The Fast and the Furious' and its many imitators and sequels is that they surely contribute to a number of idiots becoming highway fatality statistics." -Somethingawful.com

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6819 Previous topic | Next topic