Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6724
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help! Remote starter" Previous topic | Next topic
ang_eclipseJul-19-03 04:07 PM
Member since May 01st 2002
194 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6724, "Help! Remote starter"

i bought a remote starter so i can do compresion test and stuff like that without the help of another person sitting inside of my car. well i bought this and this sh** dont have any instructions. i dont know where to conect this thing. tia

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Help! Remote starter, bullox, Jul-19-03 04:34 PM, #1
RE: Help! Remote starter, TeamMetalJim, Jul-19-03 04:57 PM, #2
RE: Help! Remote starter, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-21-03 03:27 PM, #3
RE: Help! Remote starter, ang_eclipse, Jul-21-03 05:56 PM, #4
      RE: Help! Remote starter, TeamMetalJim, Jul-21-03 06:57 PM, #5
           RE: Help! Remote starter, ang_eclipse, Jul-23-03 06:06 PM, #6

bulloxJul-19-03 04:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6725, "RE: Help! Remote starter"
In response to Reply # 0

well, I can't help with the install, but I did a compression test by myself without a remote starter.

good luck

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimJul-19-03 04:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#6726, "RE: Help! Remote starter"
In response to Reply # 1

You'll need the instructions - there are quite a few wires on it right? Should have 2 ignition wires, a ground, power, acc(maybe 2), tach, hood switch, brake switch, on/off switch, and I'm probably missing a few.

I don't think you want to do a compression test with it. The way mine is configured - it runs the starter till it starts - which it can sense from the tach lead. If it never starts then I'll just keep cranking. There's another mode that'll just crank it for either 5 or 10 seconds - you could probalby run the test in that mode....but either way you'll need the instructions for the correct wiring.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.901 @ 88.34mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

TeamXtremeRSJul-21-03 03:27 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#6727, "RE: Help! Remote starter"
In response to Reply # 0

You dont need a remote starter for a compression test. The tester's needle will stay put at whatever the comression is after cranking. All i do is set the tester on top the valve cover, with the dial face pointing at the inside of the car, so i can see it from inside, between the hood and the car. Then i crank over the motor until the tester's needle doesnt move up anymore. Then get out and see what your comression is. Never a need to have 2 people to do this.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

ang_eclipseJul-21-03 05:56 PM
194 posts,
#6728, "RE: Help! Remote starter"
In response to Reply # 3

this is the one im talking about http://www.actron.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?page=cp7853.htm&cart_id=7550354_16132 . it only have two wires i think one is to the battery but the other one, i dont know. tia

TeamMetalJimJul-21-03 06:57 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#6729, "RE: Help! Remote starter"
In response to Reply # 4

haha - ok - I thought you were talking about...nevermind

With that remote starter you hook one lead up to the + battery terminal and the other lead to the starter solenoid.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.901 @ 88.34mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

ang_eclipseJul-23-03 06:06 PM
194 posts,
#6730, "RE: Help! Remote starter"
In response to Reply # 5

thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6724 Previous topic | Next topic