Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6582
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Opinions on cervin vega subs?" Previous topic | Next topic
Blk95TalonJul-10-03 07:48 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6582, "Opinions on cervin vega subs?"

Im lookin to get two 10" subs, my caar audio shop is really pushin me towards a pair of jl w0's or rockfords newest line. Im not going to spend a ton of money so thats why they are pushin me towards the afore mentioned.

My friend whose been buildin car audio and home audio systems professionally for 20 years tells me that I should definately go with the new v max series from cerwin vega. He says the bass is real tight and clean, and they will hit hard. Also they arnt too expensive.

So anyone have experiance with cerwin vega subs? For the hell of it, heres the specs on them

20 - 500 Hz
RMS: 300 watts
Peak: 600 watts
efficiency 92db

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
SPL_EclipseJul-10-03 09:25 AM
Member since Mar 11th 2002
5921 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6583, "RE: Opinions on cervin vega subs?"
In response to Reply # 0

if they are anything like the old "vega" line they should be awesome (they look similar, so im guessing theyve just relabled them).

a few years ago i knew quite a few people who were using them and it wasnt rare for them to hit 150 dbs from a box in the trunk w/ two 12"s. BTW...they LOVE ported boxes.

:shhh: i do cocaine :/shhh:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Sorry_i_WinJul-10-03 09:35 AM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6584, "RE: Opinions on cervin vega subs?"
In response to Reply # 1

I have two 15" cerwin vega vega154's. Damn good subs but they do like big boxes. Nice deep, tight bass and good power handling. These are for sale, by the way (I'm going to a single 12" JL W7 - $500 sub that should be about the same as these two 15s). If by chance you are interested, I'll let them go fairly cheap.

Power Handling: 500W(RMS) 1000W(MAX)
Frequency Response: 20 - 500 Hz
Sensitivity: 96 DB

If you are interested, how's $110 plus shipping sound for each? One of these should be as good or better than two tens.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Blk95TalonJul-10-03 01:27 PM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6590, "RE: Opinions on cervin vega subs?"
In response to Reply # 2

That price seems really good, but the thing is that I already have a box that houses two 10" subs. I really like the way the box fits in my truck too so Im not looking to have to replace it. Im gonna see if I can find someplace that has them on display so I can hear them.

Thanks for the help guys =)

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

Sorry_i_WinJul-10-03 02:35 PM
Member since Jul 10th 2002
1910 posts,
#6591, "RE: Opinions on cervin vega subs?"
In response to Reply # 3

ok.. cool, no prob.

Anyone know anyone who can help me tune this in the Pittsburgh area (Greensburg)?

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6582 Previous topic | Next topic