Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6494
View in linear mode

Subject: "Alpine Sec-100s???" Previous topic | Next topic
nisrEclipse99Jul-01-03 03:38 AM
Member since Dec 18th 2002
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6494, "Alpine Sec-100s???"

Okay, here is the situation. I'm going off to college and since I won't have the luxury of parking my car at home in my garage, I need to get a car alarm. I went to American *kind of like a best buy* and asked what they would recommend, they told me to get the Alpine sec-100s. I know alpine makes great stereo equipment but how are their alarm systems?? They were asking $320 installed, is that a good/bad price? Should I try a different brand? Any insight would be greatly appreciated since I know little to nothing about car security systems. Sorry so long.

'99 GS 5-spd Silver
-GReddy Evolution Cat-back
-AEM CAI
-Alpine Deck (CD of course)
-2 MTX ThunderPro 6000 12" subs
-5 piece Bad Boyz Neon Under car kit (Horizon Blue)
-Clear Tail Lights

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Alpine Sec-100s???, nisrEclipse99, Jul-02-03 07:00 PM, #1
RE: Alpine Sec-100s???, Blk95Talon, Jul-03-03 11:07 AM, #2
      RE: Alpine Sec-100s???, nisrEclipse99, Jul-04-03 08:47 AM, #3
           RE: Alpine Sec-100s???, InFiNiT3, Jul-04-03 11:06 PM, #4
           RE: Alpine Sec-100s???, Blk95Talon, Jul-05-03 08:44 AM, #5
                RE: Alpine Sec-100s???, dudasd, Jul-07-03 06:57 AM, #6

nisrEclipse99Jul-02-03 07:00 PM
56 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6507, "RE: Alpine Sec-100s???"
In response to Reply # 0

Anybody????

'99 GS 5-spd Silver
-AEM CAI
-Clear Tail Lights

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Blk95TalonJul-03-03 11:07 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6510, "RE: Alpine Sec-100s???"
In response to Reply # 1

Sorry, Ive never used that alarm before so I have no info on its quality. But...I found a few places online that sell the exact same alarm for around 98$ You could buy the alarm online and take it to a car audio shop to install it. The shop by me charges around 75$ for a alarm install. So by this route, you could save yourself about $150

btw, the site I found it at is

http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=912

Another site is (they sell the alarm for $150)

http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog/item/295825/185709.htm

Either way you can save money, go see how much it is at a local audio shop to install a alarm that you provide.

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

nisrEclipse99Jul-04-03 08:47 AM
56 posts,
#6515, "RE: Alpine Sec-100s???"
In response to Reply # 2

Thank you very much for your help. The fact that you went out of your way to check prices is really appreciative. Thanks for your effort and time. Now I can at least "save a buck or two". (really bad effort at a joke):thumbsup

'99 GS 5-spd Silver
-AEM CAI
-Clear Tail Lights

InFiNiT3Jul-04-03 11:06 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#6525, "RE: Alpine Sec-100s???"
In response to Reply # 3

u want security dont buy it... u want pretty lil chirps that are (alpine sound only) go for it.... personally Id go with a Viper 550 or higher.... or a Clifford 600 with all the goodies...both will take care of your ins deductable if some does break in...also with both those alarms there is a lil program thats kinda cool... is lets u set a delay so that if someone steals your car.....(mines set at 15mins) after the allocated amount of time the ignition shuts off...windows roll up and doors lock...all with the alarm sounding... (love to see the guy who jacks my car face) sure he'll bust a window and jump out.. but u know he's not getting far!!!

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Blk95TalonJul-05-03 08:44 AM
Member since Feb 20th 2002
875 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6526, "RE: Alpine Sec-100s???"
In response to Reply # 3

>Thank you very much for your help. The fact that you went out
>of your way to check prices is really appreciative. Thanks for
>your effort and time. Now I can at least "save a buck or two".
>(really bad effort at a joke):thumbsup

No Problem, I appreciate it when people do it for me

Account disabled upon user's request.

-CODE4

dudasdJul-07-03 06:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#6536, "RE: Alpine Sec-100s???"
In response to Reply # 5

I have always used Alpine alarms and love them. The Dual zone with them is the best in the market IMHO. I have been using them for about 10 years now and have never had a problem with them. I have an older SEC-8047 I think it is that has been around forever now and has been in and out of about 6 cars and still works like a champ.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6494 Previous topic | Next topic