Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6433
View in linear mode

Subject: "Best Alarm out there?" Previous topic | Next topic
JproduktionJun-23-03 10:33 PM
Member since Jun 20th 2003
490 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6433, "Best Alarm out there?"

Just put a regular, Very Sensitive, Alarm on my car..Its a '02 Clifford...Not sure if its good enough w/ all the car jackers around here..Just wondering what kind of alarms 2gnt'ers are sportin out there...Gimme some good ones and the ones you've had experiences with..
-Andre

Injen SRI
3G RIMS
Custom Red Calipers
ATX driver
M0re to come~

I NEED A NEW BUMPER!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Best Alarm out there?, TeamXtremeRS, Jun-24-03 03:58 PM, #1
RE: Best Alarm out there?, Teameclipse804, Jun-25-03 04:00 AM, #2
      RE: Best Alarm out there?, musicmaniac1, Jul-04-03 08:02 PM, #3
           RE: Best Alarm out there?, cool_g_83, Jul-10-03 09:36 PM, #4
                RE: Best Alarm out there?, Jproduktion, Jul-10-03 09:57 PM, #5
                RE: Best Alarm out there?, Jproduktion, Jul-10-03 09:57 PM, #6
                     RE: Best Alarm out there?, PowerEclipses, Jul-11-03 11:52 AM, #7
                          RE: Best Alarm out there?, Boofer97rs, Jul-11-03 01:47 PM, #8
                               RE: Best Alarm out there?, TeamXtremeRS, Jul-11-03 06:07 PM, #9
                                    RE: Best Alarm out there?, HadesOmega, Jul-14-03 11:10 AM, #10
                                         RE: Best Alarm out there?, brokenrodguy, Aug-11-04 06:47 PM, #11
                                              RE: Best Alarm out there?, 1997eclipse, Aug-11-04 09:07 PM, #12
                                              RE: Best Alarm out there?, 99GSBBTurbo, Aug-14-04 01:49 PM, #13
                                              RE: Best Alarm out there?, Pitchblack98, Aug-14-04 03:41 PM, #14

TeamXtremeRSJun-24-03 03:58 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6441, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 0

Well I install any DEI product out there, and have been very satisfied with them. I have their new "responder" alarm/remote start paging system, and i love it. Just as info, DEI owns Clifford now, so its really all the same stuff. Also, the best alarms out there are nothing but noise makers if the installation was done poorly, or with easy access to the alarm componets and wiring. Its ALL in the intallation.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Teameclipse804Jun-25-03 04:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#6444, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 1
Jun-25-03 04:08 AM by eclipse804

Even though DEI owns Clifford, they are not entirely the same from what I've read. The truly Clifford alarms (Concept, Intelliguard, Avantguard) etc. have all normally open starter and ignition kills, so if the alarm brain has no power, the car won't start. The regular DEI alarms and Clifford Matrix (rebadged Viper) series have normally closed starter/ignition kills, so if you cut the power to the brain, there's no more starter/ignition kill. The Clifford Medallion siren is also different, and I like the sounds it makes compared to Viper and other DEI products. It's really loud and more unique so I can even tell from far away if the "light" shock sensor is triggered. Also, a really important standard feature to me is that the Clifford alarms are wired up to sound the stock horn and the alarm siren at the same time, making it extra loud, and easy to tell if it's your car's alarm going off.

I really like the Clifford Intelliguard Series (7000 and up). We have two Cliffords and one Viper alarm in our cars, and haven't had any problems in any of them. Viper is a lot cheaper though, but there are just some things about the Clifford that make it worth it to me. From what I've read, Clifford is the best alarm to a lot of people, but has gone down since DEI bought them. But overall, the install is the most important part.

BTW, forgot to mention the Clifford Concept and Intelliguard series has a built in turbo timer too, so those of you that are turbo can use the feature to cool down your car without buying an external turbo timer. That alone saved me 100 bucks, but you do have to activate it before you get out of the car using the remote.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

musicmaniac1Jul-04-03 08:02 PM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
291 posts,
#6520, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 2

i just bought a clifford alarm from best buy it was the matrix1 w/ the optional proxy sensor, its an ok alarm but not that sensitive but i do not have additional sensors or the proxy but usually u get what u pay 4 and it also has a 600ft range for some reason

America's real terrorists - car mechanics
E-mail: jclafon@roanoke.edu

cool_g_83Jul-10-03 09:36 PM
Member since Apr 27th 2002
478 posts,
#6607, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 3

How much did you pay to for it and to have it installed? Or did you install it yourself?

Greg
'99 Black GS-T MT

Defi D-Series Boost Gauge, ExtremePsi Intake, Greddy Type-S BOV, Hallman Evolution MBC ... 3" Thermal R&D Exhaust soon

JproduktionJul-10-03 09:57 PM
490 posts,
#6608, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 4

I think i mite have the same one as musicmaniac,...I also got mine from best buy, but we bought a huge shit load from them that day, n they ended up giving us the alarm installed for around 120..yea it was pretty cheap! But then again we bought 2 12's,1000 kenwood amp, pioneer mids and fronts '03 speakers, box, wires, sub covers, and installation..final cost was around $900 for the whole set up, and my dad and I used his Best Buy card which gives you an additional 10% off of everything so that was that...We saved around 500 give or take alil..

Injen SRI
3G RIMS
Custom Red Calipers
ATX driver
M0re to come~

I NEED A NEW BUMPER!!!!

JproduktionJul-10-03 09:57 PM
490 posts,
#6609, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 4

I think i mite have the same one as musicmaniac,...I also got mine from best buy, but we bought a huge shit load from them that day, n they ended up giving us the alarm installed for around 120..yea it was pretty cheap! But then again we bought 2 12's,1000 kenwood amp, pioneer mids and fronts '03 speakers, box, wires, sub covers, and installation..final cost was around $900 for the whole set up, and my dad and I used his Best Buy card which gives you an additional 10% off of everything so that was that...We saved around 500 give or take alil..

Injen SRI
3G RIMS
Custom Red Calipers
ATX driver
M0re to come~

I NEED A NEW BUMPER!!!!

PowerEclipsesJul-11-03 11:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#6615, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 6

thought i was going to go with a viper alarm intil remy told me about mannix alarms, check them out on ebay

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

Boofer97rsJul-11-03 01:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
800 posts,
#6616, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm thinking about getting a compustar alarm with pager. It looks like hot shit, I wonder if they are worth $100 more than the mannix alarms.

TeamXtremeRSJul-11-03 06:07 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#6617, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 8

The proximity and shock sensors can be adjusted for sensitivity. Take it back to them to have it set where you want it. Also, if you have tinted windows, using a metalized window film, that tint can pretty much block all the microwave signals from a proximity sensor, making it pretty much useless for outside perimiter of the car..

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

HadesOmegaJul-14-03 11:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#6642, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 9

I got an audiovox prestige alarm, what do people who have it think about it? The range on the remote is pretty weak, you gotta practically be next to the car to alarm or disarm it. Cost me about 200+ with the door actuators.

by poorly installed does that like mean having the horn easily visable in teh engine bay with the power wire going it visible. Haha cuz I figured if I wanted to jack my car or at least shut up the alarm I could just cut the wires going to the horn O_o.

My remote has has a 3rd button also that sez OPT is there anyway I could use that button to open my garage door?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

brokenrodguyAug-11-04 06:47 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2004
556 posts,
#9573, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 10

just wondering what you guys think of the clifford RSX 3.5 ? Anyone have it ? Im think about buying one this week but I dont want something that Ill regret having because I discover a new feature I couldve had.

1997eclipseAug-11-04 09:07 PM
Member since Jun 03rd 2004
7 posts,
#9574, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 11

Want quality and reliability. Get an UNGO alarm. They are made by Clarion and they have a model to meet your economical needs. I got a MS2100 UNGO alarm off Ebay for $40.00 and has two nice remotes and most features cheaper brands have for over $100.00....

99GSBBTurboAug-14-04 01:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#9578, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 12

I like Viper alarms... Cliffords are bad ass too... Ive been looking at the compustar alarm lately because of all the shit it comes with, and it cost about 400 installed with the top of the line 2way pager. not bad considering the clifford alarms are about $100 more because you have to buy extra parts for the turbo timer feature to work. And the new remotes that it comes with looks a HELL OF A LOT BETTER then the cliffords with that fake carbon fiber shit... I dunno, I'm still looking for an alarm.. ya I don't have one

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

Pitchblack98Aug-14-04 03:41 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#9579, "RE: Best Alarm out there?"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by brokenrodguy
just wondering what you guys think of the clifford RSX 3.5 ? Anyone have it ? Im think about buying one this week but I dont want something that Ill regret having because I discover a new feature I couldve had.

i just got the clifford 2.5x alarm. Its the same as the 3.5 minus the remote start and was 150 cheaper. I dont need the remote start. I have an add on module if i want to add it later down the road. I paid 410 total for the 2.5x, install, audio sensor and digital tilt sensor. So far its been a great alarm and has an awesome range on it. So if you get the clifford you wont be dissapointed in it.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior Audio, Alarms, AV topic #6433 Previous topic | Next topic